Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What to do in Batam?

Go down 
+2
TheFocalPoint
Elysium
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

What to do in Batam? Empty
PostSubject: What to do in Batam?   What to do in Batam? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:40 am

I'm heading to Batam for the 2d1n golf package on thursday 9th at Palm Spring, but staying at Turi Beach.

Was just wondering what is there to see / do in Batam after my golf game. Hopefully the golf game finishes at about 2-3pm, so that leaves us with a whole afternoon and evening to explore.

Some to do items though:
1) Sport Massage Centre
2) Seafood?

Is there any shopping that can be done there, and whats the nearest Sports Massage centre to Turi Beach Resort?

Hopefully, some of the more experienced Batam-goers can help me with my queries Smile

Thanks in Advance!
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: What to do in Batam?   What to do in Batam? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:52 am

After the game, go swimming la. The Turi Beach pool is awesome and relaxing.
For seafood, none better in town than Golden Prawn. Very reasonable prices and extremely fresh. The chilli mussels is a MUST TRY.

For shopping, you can go to Nagoya Mall, but don't expect anything much. Can give it a miss totally and play pool in the Turi Beah pub.. ehehe more fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: What to do in Batam?   What to do in Batam? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:55 am

Yes that's about all you can do in Batam. Seafood at Golden Prawn and shopping at Nagoya Mall. There's a big disco called the Pacific, not unless you want to exercise your legs somemore!

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do in Batam?   What to do in Batam? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:06 am

You have to try the chilli lobsters in golden prawn;) they are so fresh and sweet. On the way back from batam centre, drop by the opposite mall and get some jco donuts. Curiously they somehow taste better than ones in sg.. Enjoy ?!!!
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: What to do in Batam?   What to do in Batam? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:08 am

No game today ah bro?
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do in Batam?   What to do in Batam? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:12 am

Today working bro, this week no game for me until after hari raya. Btw I just received my scotty today. Can't wait to game it. My mind is def not at work now
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: What to do in Batam?   What to do in Batam? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:20 am

ahahahhaa.... Wasted... I can't stop thinking about my 39 for the back 9 at Starhill on Sunday.. it's an amazing feeling when your driver and 3 wood obey your every command... heh heh...
Back to top Go down
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do in Batam?   What to do in Batam? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:40 pm

How about the sports massage place ? I heard good things about the place on GR, but just wondering the nearest branch, as well as the price?

Thank you all for your recommendation on Golden Prawn. I'll make sure to visit!
Back to top Go down
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do in Batam?   What to do in Batam? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:15 pm

A&W!!
Back to top Go down
Balata
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Balata

PostSubject: Re: What to do in Batam?   What to do in Batam? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:02 pm

[quote="Elysium"]I'm heading to Batam for the 2d1n golf package on thursday 9th at Palm Spring, but staying at Turi Beach.

Was just wondering what is there to see / do in Batam after my golf game. Hopefully the golf game finishes at about 2-3pm, so that leaves us with a whole afternoon and evening to explore.

Some to do items though:
1) Sport Massage Centre
2) Seafood?

Is there any shopping that can be done there, and whats the nearest Sports Massage centre to Turi Beach Resort?

Hopefully, some of the more experienced Batam-goers can help me with my queries Smile

Thanks in Advance!

Recommned you to try the seafood restaurant call ""Yong Dee Istimewa"" at Nagoya...located near Melia and Harmoni Hotel or ask any taxi they wil knoe....Must try their power Kang Kong Belacan, Seafood Soup (every table sure order a portion) and other all time favs etc.

Sports Massage - I only know 2 outlet in Nagoya...one opposite Harmoni Hotel, right beside Goodway Hotel and the other one is located at Jodoh.. cant remember which building le.

Shopping - Matahari Hypermart at Ferry terminal and Nagoya Hill.....also have DC Mall, Centrepoint, Lucky Plaza... and before you head home.....grab 1 dozen of JO donuts... Very Happy Enjoy your stay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do in Batam?   What to do in Batam? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do in Batam?
Page 1 of 1