Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf in Batam

Go down 
+40
blue4
akhild
asahi
Gray
Turbo
revolver
HitSoft
Jentson
jason.koh.54966
IceShelterX
membina27a
apliu_street
ahhoe
sibeiho
mi5trooper
shotah
mervyntan
Mizzman
bubu
steven_koh
sinifm
missmoon
jurongtiger
sunny
Birdman
Tabitha7
JK
JL_chong
Lamts18
Ssquirrel
chocoman
Seiko
p3nboy
ChrisD
jon8ball
golf_snowman
jimmychoo
first_timerz
TheFocalPoint
ughly
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ughly
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
ughly

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi all,

I was thinking of planning a short trip with some friends (all beginners) to batam in december, weekday 2D1N kind.

I was hoping to get some feedback from people who have been there before.

Between Palm Springs and Indah Puri, which one is better in terms of the golf course (maintanence, and difficulty), and the quality of the overnight stay.

Would really appreciate all feedback. Thanks!

Last edited by ughly on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Palm Springs is an ok course.. pretty well maintained.. pretty challenging holes abound...
bunkers are a nightmare during dry weather though.. sand is pretty tough to get out of, cuz it's wayyyy too powdery.. ehehhee like cutting thru silk...
Anyway, i wun recommend the on-site accomodation.. very smelly, and mouldy...

Personally, my favourite course in Batam has to be Batam Hills.. lovely clubhouse, lovely greens.. etc etc..
I'd book a hotel online and stay in the city.. i stayed at Planet Holiday the last i was there, and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel.. warm jacuzzis at the pool.. lovely after a golf game..

when are u going? can i come? ehhehehehee...
Back to top Go down
first_timerz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:12 pm

ughly wrote:
Hi all,

I was thinking of planning a short trip with some friends (all beginners) to batam in december, weekday 2D1N kind.

I was hoping to get some feedback from people who have been there before.

Between Palm Springs and Indah Puri, which one is better in terms of the golf course (maintanence, and difficulty), and the quality of the overnight stay.

Would really appreciate all feedback. Thanks!

ZiAn

ur avatar looks like taken from bbk driving range...

next time i go there , i will take & put for my avatar...
u frequent there??
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:18 pm

I agreed with TFP on Batam Hills. It's a great course after the facelift. To some of the old timer, Batam Hills is previously named as Paradise Bay Golf. But if you are like some of the golfers here who dislike cow grass, you can forget about it. There are lots of cow grass in there.

If you only have 2 choices (PS and IP), I will recommend Palm Spring. They have 4 x 9 holes for you to choose from. At least you don't feel bored playing over the same 18 holes again on 2nd day.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:23 pm

hi

palm spring had 3 9holes namely Island, Palm and Resort. Spring is a shared 9 holes course..so if you plan to play there, u have a wider choice of which course to go for.

Island and Palm are relatively easier course, resort is more tougher...

I believe the green fee is one of the cheaper among golf course in Batam.

Indah is using cow glass, if i dnt remember wrongly, therefore some level of difficulties..for me at least.

For accomodation, i usually stay in Novotel, nice and clean and yet not too expensive hotel.

However, it took about 45mins to travel from Palm Spring to Novotel.

If you are staying a night there, do try out the SPORTS MASSAGE....1.5 hr for S$20...fantastic massage. The SPORTS MASSAGE is pretty near to Novotel, travel by Taxi is mabe only 5 mins.

Hope these information help you.

Have a nice and fun golf trip.[left]
Back to top Go down
ughly
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
ughly

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:21 am

first_timerz wrote:

ur avatar looks like taken from bbk driving range...

next time i go there , i will take & put for my avatar...
u frequent there??

Ya, Bt Batok CDAN. This is my only Golf relevant photo, albeit abit cheezy. the finishing post quite decent, but think the ball jus shoot down straight to level one..haha..

Ya if usually go there if my hand itchy la. I stay very near there. Usually with friends will go to Green Fairways, more central for everyone la.

Last edited by ughly on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ughly
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
ughly

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:24 am

So would you all say that the best option is to play at Palm Springs, but stay at Novotel? The accomodation at Palm Springs cannot make it? wah but the pictures look quite nices leh. hahaha...

Okok i will reflect this to my friends.

TFP, if you are keen, i am targeting 15-16 December, tues-wed, if i got the dates correct.
Back to top Go down
jon8ball
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jon8ball

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:14 am

Me wanna join you guys can? Should be free December weekdays. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:29 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
I agreed with TFP on Batam Hills. It's a great course after the facelift. To some of the old timer, Batam Hills is previously named as Paradise Bay Golf. But if you are like some of the golfers here who dislike cow grass, you can forget about it. There are lots of cow grass in there.

If you only have 2 choices (PS and IP), I will recommend Palm Spring. They have 4 x 9 holes for you to choose from. At least you don't feel bored playing over the same 18 holes again on 2nd day.

Was at batam hill for lunch, the course look great from the cafe. Any one interested to golf there sometime as I need to collect my luggage from the Hotel.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:31 pm

ChrisD wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:

Was at batam hill for lunch, the course look great from the cafe. Any one interested to golf there sometime as I need to collect my luggage from the Hotel.

Chris D, day trip sometime week after next?
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:45 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:

Chris D, day trip sometime week after next?

When you are ready, give me a shout and we see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:21 pm

now that we know where to play in Batam, the next question is WHERE TO GET GOOD FOOD? tongue
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:24 pm

I know also.. will show you when we get there. Smile
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:27 pm

can share now? I am going there sooooon.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:36 pm

p3nboy wrote:
now that we know where to play in Batam, the next question is WHERE TO GET GOOD FOOD? tongue

If u stay at Novotel u can go to Nagoya centre where there is big place for gd seafood. They accept both S$ or baht there. It is very near to Novotel or Sports massage! Take the hotel taxi.
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:41 pm

Seiko wrote:
p3nboy wrote:

If u stay at Novotel u can go to Nagoya centre where there is big place for gd seafood. They accept both S$ or baht there. It is very near to Novotel or Sports massage! Take the hotel taxi.

thanks, I know they take S$ but bath??? Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:42 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:44 pm

Seiko wrote:
p3nboy wrote:

u mean rupiah?
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:45 pm

chocoman wrote:
Seiko wrote:
p3nboy wrote:

u mean rupiah?

Haha! Yes it is rupiah not baht...sori my mistake!
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:18 pm

I need some advice on golfing in Batam:

Is stand bag suitable for this trip in terms of transport and handling?

Is it safe to travel without a travel bag cover as there are many pockets in the golf bag, you never know what may be added in the process.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:39 pm

p3nboy wrote:
I need some advice on golfing in Batam:

Is stand bag suitable for this trip in terms of transport and handling?

Is it safe to travel without a travel bag cover as there are many pockets in the golf bag, you never know what may be added in the process.

thanks
Yes, safe. Just don't have stuff hanging outside the bag like towels, brushes, umbrellas. These usually get lost, not sure if it's because they get stolen or mainly detached when all the bags are thrown together and then removed.

Sounds like this is your first time golfing in Batam? More "worrying" that you hand your passport over to the guy and just breeze through immigration, golf, hotel..etc and only see your passport just before you take the return ferry home. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:11 pm

So is anyone going and when? I'm interested to come along Smile
can? can?
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:12 pm

Seiko, I think the place you mentioned is Nagoya food court. It's a hawker center.

If you want real good live seafood, go for 933 or 555 seafood. It's a bit far from Nagoya but the place is not bad. Did I mentioned it's cheap? No, I never, it's a bit expensive. Just tell the taxi 933 seafood and they will be glad to bring you there.

There is another place with cheaper and good seafood, if you know how to pronounce "big stone" in indonesia, just tell the taxi driver and he will bring you there.
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:20 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
Seiko, I think the place you mentioned is Nagoya food court. It's a hawker center.

If you want real good live seafood, go for 933 or 555 seafood. It's a bit far from Nagoya but the place is not bad. Did I mentioned it's cheap? No, I never, it's a bit expensive. Just tell the taxi 933 seafood and they will be glad to bring you there.

There is another place with cheaper and good seafood, if you know how to pronounce "big stone" in indonesia, just tell the taxi driver and he will bring you there.

I have been to 933 many years back, not cheap indeed.

'big stone' ===> batu besar in malay right? not sure if it is the same indonesia. what is good there?

I have heard of good eating place in the southern island, anyone been there?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:31 pm

jimmychoo wrote:

Bro JC , live seafood ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Batam   Golf in Batam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf in Batam
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next