Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batam course recommendations

Go down 
+7
Jax
pushslice
golf_snowman
photo-file
motokah
garfield
dbp70
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dbp70
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Batam course recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:49 pm

I am trying to plan a 3D/2N golf trip to Batam and am looking for some recommendations.

I want to golf the best two courses on the island and have read varying reviews on the different options available.

1. Which two courses should I try first if my primary concern is the quality of the course and facilities?

2. any recommendations on where to stay? in town where a little action is? somewhere else?

Any guidance or comments greatly appreciated...

Thanks

D
Back to top Go down
garfield
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
garfield

Location : Latitude: 1º22´ North of the Equator, Longitude: 103º48´ East of Greenwich

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:55 pm

please check out this thread. Very Happy

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t2429-golf-in-batam
Back to top Go down
motokah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
motokah

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Palm Springs may not be the best course in Batam.
Their package price provide good value.

See -> www.palmsprings.com.sg/golfpackage.html
Back to top Go down
photo-file
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:01 pm

Palm Spring and Batam Hill are 2 courses I would recommend.

However both are located far apart, Palm Spring is in the west end (Nongsa) and the other on the central (Nagoya).

Places to stay are Turi Beach or Batam View, often they have golf packages.

Ask for sports massage, highly recommended (located in town area).

Try Rezeki seafood if you prefer to dine out.

Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Recently there is a new course, Padang Golf Sukajadi in Batam.

You might wanna consider Southlink and this new course.

Hotel wise, i always go back to Novotel..

and yes, Sports Massage after game
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Snowman...when do you play Batam ah? Never jio people meh, do you have side visits to make there? Wink
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:13 pm

haha....i have play there a few time..but have not try the new course yet

maybe will give it a try maybe this month or next month...u interested ?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Yes sure, next month is possible...I can do Sundays. In and out yes?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:24 pm

Batam Hills or Southlinks? Tried Palm Springs. Want to try something else. Novotel is good for me too. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:32 pm

sounds good to me...but weekend are usually crowded and more expensive

i always like to play weekday...time are much easier to manage that way..but no worry, next month we can always arrange some date to have a game there
Back to top Go down
dbp70
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:41 pm

Thanks for all the info!

After doing some more reading I think we will try to play Palm Springs and Batam Hills. And would prefer to stay in town at the Novotel

It looks like there is some great value with the all inclusive packages but it seems that all the 2D/1N packages want you playing the same course both days. Anyone aware of any tour operators that might custom build a custom package with both courses?

Thanks

D
Back to top Go down
Jax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Jax

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:50 am

Was there last week for 2D/1N in Palm Spring (36/18).......Stayed in Batam View.
Saw in Batam View there is a package for 2D/1N for SGD 199, 1 x 18 in Palm Spring and 1 x 18 in Indah Puri. Vaguely recall its stay in Town, maybe Novotel or something.....

Anyway, its fine to stay in Batam View, just need to talk to the driver of the bus and they can do private arrangement to sent U to Seafood (SGD 15/head) and massage in Nagoya for SGD 15/1.5 hrs and SGD 18/2 hrs. The transportation they charged to sent from Batam View/Kelong Seafood/Nagoya/Batam View comes up to SGD 60. We have 7 so the cost is well mitigated. From Batam View to Seafood is 15 - 20 mins and from Seafood to Nagoya takes 25 - 30 mins. Return from Nagoya to Batam View is 40 - 45 mins flat.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
membina27a
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:14 pm

Any bro went to Palm spring batam recently? Am thinking of a 2d/1n package. Wonder if the course is well maintained?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:16 pm

membina27a wrote:
Any bro went to Palm spring batam recently? Am thinking of a 2d/1n package. Wonder if the course is well maintained?
Palm spring ok.
Back to top Go down
membina27a
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:22 pm

enwee wrote:
membina27a wrote:
Palm spring ok.
Bro, their package quite tempting.  $201 nett all in. Ferry, lodging and unlimited golf game
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:31 pm

membina27a wrote:
enwee wrote:
membina27a wrote:
Palm spring ok.
Bro, their package quite tempting.  $201 nett all in. Ferry, lodging and unlimited golf game
Palm Spring, I played there 2x, both organized by GR.  I think per pax we paid abt 150 including lunch and ferry. Anyway FYi, Palm spring although I think it's 4x9 holes but there are 2x9 overlapping from what I heard. As for course, it's a decent course but if got time constrained Batam is not a good choice.
Back to top Go down
membina27a
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:56 pm

enwee wrote:
membina27a wrote:
enwee wrote:
membina27a wrote:
Palm spring ok.
Palm Spring, I played there 2x, both organized by GR.  I think per pax we paid abt 150 including lunch and ferry. Anyway FYi, Palm spring although I think it's 4x9 holes but there are 2x9 overlapping from what I heard. As for course, it's a decent course but if got time constrained Batam is not a good choice.
Thanks for the advice bro. My next alternative is Ria Bintan which I have heard very good reviews.  Have you been there?
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:11 pm

I have been to both Ria and palm spring
IMHO, cannot compare both, it will be an unfair comparison

Palm spring is pretty good seaside course, modest club house, respectable hospitality from the staff, pretty decent fw and greens.

Ria Bintan is always touted as a top course in SEA region and again, the green fees justify the accolade. Challenging layout and stunning views makes it a very enjoyable course to play on

If its someone new to the game, I'll recommend palm spring, for the seasoned players, then Ria Bintan won't let you down.

The above is based on my personal experience. Your view may differ.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:12 pm

membina27a wrote:
enwee wrote:
membina27a wrote:
enwee wrote:
membina27a wrote:
Palm spring ok.
Thanks for the advice bro. My next alternative is Ria Bintan which I have heard very good reviews.  Have you been there?
Ria is one of the top courses in this region. I played there 3x the view is just fabulous for the last 3 holes in ocean.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:09 pm

Cannot go wrong with Palm Spring.

Always enjoyed myself there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batam course recommendations   Batam course recommendations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batam course recommendations
Page 1 of 1