Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are chippers legal?

Go down 
+9
asahi
slinger
alenheng_cnx
nientsu
Right_sided_coach
Tituman
eiji
Duval_S
Gray
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Are chippers legal? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:08 pm

RegiT wrote:
Chipper is like iron cover......not very pro

I not pro mah. Are you one??? Like to learn from you so I can keep away my chipper.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:10 pm

slinger wrote:
Tituman wrote:
slinger wrote:
u seek i will provide....

anything less than 50m, i throw with my hands, have good result with it...... suspect its from my school going days when i pon-tan to play marbles with my frens

u play marbles i school?

You play spiders or not? Don't think so. Best part when fighting male spider against another male spider. The one who lost runs away. Then we take a female one and hold it down gently by pressing her body, not allowing it to run away. The male will approach the female and after having XXX with her, he is brave enough to fight again. Unless you provide the losing male this privilege, he will run away from the other male who defeated him. BUt after his XXX he is brave enough for a return match though. I wonder why??? Any body understand what I was talkingabout? Only those who played with spider will know and I really wonder how many of you guys out there have this chance.?

d, are u telling duval to go for "special" everytime he kenna saddam hard hard.....

so that he is brave enough to come back for more..... bounce

ROFL ROFL ROFL Yeah man. If it works on the spiders, it should work on him so that he dares to come back and challenged you again.
Back to top Go down
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:17 pm

Chipper also belong with the ball holder that attach to belt
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:24 pm

RegiT wrote:
Chipper also belong with the ball holder that attach to belt

Don't get you ???? scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:51 pm

most will do better with a chipper than a 58 or 60 wedge.

1. the chipper will be in use in many situations, much more that the 1 or 2 flop shots per game u need to hit over an obstacle.

2. Its like a putting stoke, which u already have plenty of practice, and during the game already executed many times. How many practice shot in total have u had with the flop shot.

3. odds of sinking that 10-15 foot chip from the fringe is way higher than that 10-15m flop shot.

4. have a 60 wedge will give ppl ideas of trying a more difficult full shot at 60-70m to get the ball to stick or even backspin, instead of a simple pitch with the 52 wedge.

5. u will simple embarrass yourself or even take out someone with that line drive across the green instead of putting pressure on ur flightmate with a chip to within 3 foot or even holing it.

6. when the 60 is not working we get ideas that if Phil is using the 64, maybe we should too...

7. when we cant find that cheap X-forged 64 wedge from PW, we splurge on a Vokey...

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:25 pm

Tituman wrote:
slinger wrote:
u seek i will provide....

anything less than 50m, i throw with my hands, have good result with it...... suspect its from my school going days when i pon-tan to play marbles with my frens

u play marbles i school?

You play spiders or not? Don't think so. Best part when fighting male spider against another male spider. The one who lost runs away. Then we take a female one and hold it down gently by pressing her body, not allowing it to run away. The male will approach the female and after having XXX with her, he is brave enough to fight again. Unless you provide the losing male this privilege, he will run away from the other male who defeated him. BUt after his XXX he is brave enough for a return match though. I wonder why??? Any body understand what I was talkingabout? Only those who played with spider will know and I really wonder how many of you guys out there have this chance.?

ROFL ROFL

Now I understand what is " Return of the hero after the XXX". No wonder every time I stared at the lower back of the nice caddy walking in front of me toward the next tee box and as she is laying my putt for me .. I tend to tee off and putt better ... But if I do not focus in doing this I will screw up heeee ( or shit, my wife just walk passed .. I guess she did not see what I was typing ) lol!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:30 pm

hmmm...thanks for this idea......
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:34 pm

You would have played better than this if you had........... lol! ROFL
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Chippers is a not a putter as per Appendix II design of clubs " A putter is a club with a loft not exceeding ten degrees ... " however the grip must be circular in cross-section as mention by a pro here.

I do not find any dis approval of chipper in the rule as long as it design is conform to the design of club on adjustability, length, alignment, shaft, grip, club head & face.

My personal opinion : It does not matter whether we like to use chipper or normal wedges .. as long as we can chip it close to the pin or holed it ... we can use a mop if the rule allowed.

Once again ,,, Nobody is going to ask " What club you use ?" but rather " What is your score today " Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 1:06 pm

RegiT wrote:
Chipper is like iron cover......not very pro

Bro,

I have learn my lesson. To look good does not mean we will play good. I use to dress like a pro with expensive golf cloth, shoes, hat, UV arm sleeve, gps, golf bracket, golf necklace, sun glass .. etc

When I walk up to the 1st tee box, everybody is silence think a pro going to tee off ... After I sliced or hooked my tee shot, everybody is smiling and thinking out load " Shit .. is a beginner " ROFL ROFL lol! lol! Stretcher
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 1:37 pm

there is one somebody who was a somebody in a country where it has many sombody......the somebody said ' as long can catch mouse, is a good cat'

Therefore I take comfort in my equipment, my dressing, my sense of color.....just so that I can learn to catch ' mouse'.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
Chippers is a not a putter as per Appendix II design of clubs " A putter is a club with a loft not exceeding ten degrees ... " however the grip must be circular in cross-section as mention by a pro here.

I do not find any dis approval of chipper in the rule as long as it design is conform to the design of club on adjustability, length, alignment, shaft, grip, club head & face.

My personal opinion : It does not matter whether we like to use chipper or normal wedges .. as long as we can chip it close to the pin or holed it ... we can use a mop if the rule allowed.

Once again ,,, Nobody is going to ask " What club you use ?" but rather " What is your score today " Very Happy Very Happy

Bro, I think I like you because you think exactly like me. I think we could click. Hope to be able to play with you one day but not too soon as I am under treatment for my Tennis and Golfer's elbow at the moment. Suffering both on my left hand and Golfer's elbow on my right ..sigh..... Even after about 10 sessions of accupunture, I am only feeling slightly better as in can cope with daily activities with lesser discomfort. But recovery wise, far from it. I guess it takes time even though it had been already 3 months with only 2 games played. Am resisting temptation to go and play with elbow brace but so far able to control my urge. Well, story of my life here Slicer. Good golfing ahead for you though. Cheers.

Titu
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Tituman wrote:

Bro, I think I like you because you think exactly like me. I think we could click. Hope to be able to play with you one day but not too soon as I am under treatment for my Tennis and Golfer's elbow at the moment. Suffering both on my left hand and Golfer's elbow on my right ..sigh..... Even after about 10 sessions of accupunture, I am only feeling slightly better as in can cope with daily activities with lesser discomfort. But recovery wise, far from it. I guess it takes time even though it had been already 3 months with only 2 games played. Am resisting temptation to go and play with elbow brace but so far able to control my urge. Well, story of my life here Slicer. Good golfing ahead for you though. Cheers.

Titu

Wow, I am sorry to hear about your injures Titu. I would strongly suggest no golfing until you are fully recovered. Do not take any risk at all.

Actually, I just pulled my back muscles because of playing too much .. didn't give enough time for my old body to rest Neutral As for my personal story. I have allot of sense of humor and sincere with what I say but am a out spoken person that may offended someone that I am unaware of ..

I hope I am able to play a round or 2 with all you guys in Singapore someday and also like to invite your guys to come to play in Surabaya ( You all can Saddam me in Surabaya ) ... Just let me know when and I will make all the arrangement over here ..

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 7:15 pm

Duval_S wrote:
there is one somebody who was a somebody in a country where it has many sombody......the somebody said ' as long can catch mouse, is a good cat'

Therefore I take comfort in my equipment, my dressing, my sense of color.....just so that I can learn to catch ' mouse'.

Wow da*** there are really alot of "somebody" you are trying to refer to scratch lol!

Now, be a sport. Tell us the truth : you want to catch the mouse or the girl ? lol!
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:28 pm

thanks for all the advise.

I have decided to get it since it is legal. The odyssey marxman 37*. Price will be US$119 or approx $170 SGD.

My aunt will be coming from the USA in 2 mths and I topang her to buy. Any of the bros want, can PM me. I think one or 2 more shld not be a problem.

Back to top Go down
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 12:22 am

Why not consider the Cleveland Niblick 37* then ?
You can use it for full shots too as well as a chipper due to the grooves.

I'm using a Niblick 49* as my AW
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:25 am

I have considered the Niblick but the issue is that the lie of the niblick is not as upright at the odyssey. The odyssey with its 70* lie allows it to be used more like a putter with a putting stroke. perfect for those greater than 30 foot putts too.
Back to top Go down
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:43 am

Thats true too.
If you want to give the Niblick a spin, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are chippers legal?   Are chippers legal? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are chippers legal?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2