Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is is legal?

Go down 
+30
jeffman88
Happy Feet
eiji
TheFocalPoint
CoRN
3131T
BabyCroc
Cyrano
shamusan
Begbie
duffader
yeppie99
nickcstan
DGman
slinger
Bangla123
hkhamateur
Bear
Technospaz
peace2903
pngstream
bogeyman72
audi
chien
aero66
Khorkar
buzz1211
Turbo
enwee
andrew-golf
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Nothing to do with golf but i wanna check similar experiences with the brothers and sisters here

i received a letter from Traffic Police informing me of a demerit points of 4 points plus a fine of $130 for speeding on the SLE (90-120km/hr)

i vividly dont remember i am being stopped by a Highway Patrol car, nor being caught by a traffic camera cos there is non along the SLE towards BKE

it must be that those ppl are hiding in a corner non visible to drivers and shooting their laser away

It was a saturday morning 11am and i dont even think i was speeding too much.

Wanna ask everyone here if i can call Traffic Police, cite entrapment, and request them to remove the demerit points and fine?

this is my first ever demerit points and i damn buay song being shot by a laser gun..

Cheers

Andrew
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Andrew u can appeal to see photo. But in most case you also need to pay the fine and pts. but u can always say you are not the driver.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:07 pm

Whats the point of seeing the photo when there is no way to remove the demerit points and fine?

just wasting my time

i buay song cos if they stop me on the spot... i nothing to say.. accept

but they entrap drivers.. thats wrong...

they will need me to point out another driver... which is not true..
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:10 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
Whats the point of seeing the photo when there is no way to remove the demerit points and fine?

just wasting my time

i buay song cos if they stop me on the spot... i nothing to say.. accept

but they entrap drivers.. thats wrong...

they will need me to point out another driver... which is not true..
Bro, now they always do it this way. Trying to hide themselves, last time they stay on top of overhead bridge now they hide in some corners. Another place I often notice is Adam road stretch around the Jap association there. Btw I think they more interested in taking your pts then the fine.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:16 pm

I will call them and question them....
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Andrew, I have had the same situation as you while driving in KJE last year ... Same amount of fine and demerit pt. I did not appeal because I remember I exceeded the speed limit at that stretch of road I drove on ... I count myelf lucky for not exceeding more than 40 kmh ... If not, I would have to attend court and the fine would be hefty ...
Back to top Go down
buzz1211
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
buzz1211

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:22 pm

Don't hate me but...
The onus is on us not to go beyond the speed limit. They are just doing their job. They are not entrapping. To entrap means they encourage us to speed and then catch us. That they didn't. They don't hide. In fact, GPS devices tell you which overhead bridge they most frequent. Sometimes I don't notice I've gone beyond 70 in the KPE tunnel but I now make it a habit after receiving a ticket.
They don't set out to take points. In fact, they often give reminders not to speed if they catch you within a certain range.
No, I'm not a cop.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:22 pm

Turbo,

i understand a few years ago there was this big hoohaa on the papers

on the manner TP catch drivers for speeding by hiding in places where we cant see them.. like ninjas

i also understand that they are not allowed to do that.. im not sure... but its common sense in application of law..

example.. along sembawang road... they are there and they are visible.. so thats fine..

on expressways... plenty of blind spots...

should they / can they / do that?
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:25 pm

buzz1211 wrote:
Don't hate me but...
The onus is on us not to go beyond the speed limit. They are just doing their job. They are not entrapping. To entrap means they encourage us to speed and then catch us. That they didn't. They don't hide. In fact, GPS devices tell you which overhead bridge they most frequent. Sometimes I don't notice I've gone beyond 70 in the KPE tunnel but I now make it a habit after receiving a ticket.
They don't set out to take points. In fact, they often give reminders not to speed if they catch you within a certain range.
No, I'm not a cop.

buzz.. agreed.. and cheers

i dont think i was speeding... maybe 105-110

if any slower.. behind sure horn me...

but i think i am suay...

and to me its entrapment... cos if authorities wanna implement the law, they need to do it in an upright and clear way...

even catch thief also must identify yourself as a policeman... i dont think i will catch a thief liao then show him my badge.. right?

thats my point of view
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:04 pm

Get a GPS with POI on speed traps...then you wont have anymore of these anymore.

A GPS helps to warn you of those cicak(lizards) hiding on the flyovers..
Back to top Go down
aero66
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
aero66

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi,

SLE towards BKE, the corner before Lentor Exit.

I kana shot but got off as a warning cos i spotted them in time but exceed abit.

I also buay song, driving a stupid fat MPV also aim me, kns.

I feel you bro..

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:08 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Get a GPS with POI on speed traps...then you wont have anymore of these anymore.

A GPS helps to warn you of those cicak(lizards) hiding on the flyovers..
They can always change hiding place.
Back to top Go down
aero66
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
aero66

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi,

SLE towards BKE, the corner before Lentor Exit.

I kana shot but got off as a warning cos i spotted them in time but exceed abit.

I also buay song, driving a stupid fat MPV also aim me, kns.

I feel you bro..

Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:26 pm

Bro..

Army saying: "do anything you want, just don't get caught"

In Sgp, maximum speed limit is 90kmh for most expressways, some 80kmh even.. Normal roads 50kmh unless otherwise stated... This from driving theory test..

Agree that the onus is for motorists to observe speed limits.. If one wants to speed, then be prepared for the consequences.. There's no guideline or restriction on TP in apprehending offenders.. It is worse in Australia...

"Can't do the time, don't do the crime"...

I have had numerous speeding fines before... Yes you can appeal and go down to TP at Ubi to request for the photo.. But, be prepared to wait for the whole day or half a day at least...

Just thank God you weren't driving faster than that cheers

Btw, please find the below locations of cameras...

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/Driving_in_Singapore/information_misc_speedcamera.htm

Drive safe bros...

Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:02 am

police always hide and use the laser thing to check our speed. maybe luck isn't by your side then, thats why kena shot.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:06 am

My 2 cents worth... if really wanna stop ppl from speeding, TP must be visible at all times, must be easily spotted, so motorists see them will sure slow down... wats the point of catching ppl when preventing ppl from speeding is so much better?

like catching drunk driving... why put road blocks on highway (just waiting for something to happen) when in fact they can always set up their check points at the carparks near the night spots or night clubs?

Things can be done better lah... it depends on what is they main objective...
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:06 am

back then when i did my uni, my highest speeding fine is aud700 at one go. i also kena shot by speed camera. then 1 week later, i received the love letter from police. inside got my picture talking on the phone while speeding also.

anyone crazy enough wanna break my record? Laughing
Back to top Go down
pngstream
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pngstream

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:37 am

I noted that they did not state the actual speed that was captured. If it is speed trap, they would indicate the speed that was lasered.

Could it be those unmarked car that you may have zoomed past?
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:55 am

audi wrote:
back then when i did my uni, my highest speeding fine is aud700 at one go. i also kena shot by speed camera. then 1 week later, i received the love letter from police. inside got my picture talking on the phone while speeding also.

anyone crazy enough wanna break my record? Laughing

I kena $1k in Sg wuth 12 demerits... exceed 40km/h of the road limit.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:01 am

sg fine is higher. mine i exceed 60km/h of the highway limit. i kena on highway.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:43 am

chien wrote:
Bro..

Army saying: "do anything you want, just don't get caught"

In Sgp, maximum speed limit is 90kmh for most expressways, some 80kmh even.. Normal roads 50kmh unless otherwise stated... This from driving theory test..

Agree that the onus is for motorists to observe speed limits.. If one wants to speed, then be prepared for the consequences.. There's no guideline or restriction on TP in apprehending offenders.. It is worse in Australia...

"Can't do the time, don't do the crime"...

I have had numerous speeding fines before... Yes you can appeal and go down to TP at Ubi to request for the photo.. But, be prepared to wait for the whole day or half a day at least...

Just thank God you weren't driving faster than that cheers

Btw, please find the below locations of cameras...

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/Driving_in_Singapore/information_misc_speedcamera.htm

Drive safe bros...

Eh partner. That turn wasnt that fast la. Maybe 105km p hr.

Think suay and they wanna hit quota. Anyway I was sending my wife to doc that day. Perhaps over 90. But still. They chose to pick the ah beng cars and whack. ...

Last edited by andrew-golf on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:45 am

then u shld change to MPV la.. police wont target u like that.. hehehhe cheers
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:46 am

audi wrote:
then u shld change to MPV la.. police wont target u like that.. hehehhe cheers

Maybe alphard... haha

Then zeng with all the body kits..

Haha
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:48 am

I'm sorry but I have to say this.

With the countless accidents on the roads and the reckless driving by many, I welcome any and all actions taken by the police to curb speeding drivers. I'm not sympathetic to anyone who is caught speeding and driving in a dangerous fashion. Trying to save yourself 5 minutes may mean putting at risk the lives of others. And, it is often the case that the reckless driver is spared the wrath of the accident while the innocent ones end up in the hospital or worse.

And, audi, yours is not a record to be proud of.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:54 am

There was once. At orchard boulevard, behind takashimaya

There was a lexus suv. RX300 then. He was driving behind a motorcycle.

The motorcycle suddenly jammed brake and swerve into the pavement next to takashimaya where all the motorbikes like to park

The driver of the lexus, in order to avoid hitting the bike, swerve the other direction. Lost control of his car. Car made 3 full spins and smashed into a traffic light lamp post

2 jap ladies standing near the traffic light was left in shock. The lexus almost hit them

The motorbike rider simply park, got off his bike and walk away.

I was watching this from my car all the while
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is is legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is is legal?   Is is legal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is is legal?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next