Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why you should play blade, by Miura San?

Go down 
+17
mloy
pushslice
slinger
alvin7379
Yarra
tronos
S70B
mizzy
ghoonk
hillgreen
bomby
watermyforrest
golf_snowman
asahi
Duval_S
eiji
TigaWood
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:59 am

seebayho wrote:
Yarra wrote:
ghoonk, check out Mizuno's TN87 and see if you like it. A friend is selling his, regretfully, and it is such a waste if it goes to a a guy who has no idea that he is getting a masterpiece not just some blade...

Hi Yarra, what is so good about this model?
I always like old traditional forged iron.
Are they as soft as the Miaura?

ghoonk wrote:
Supposed to be softer than miura. But I hear there is more offset than on the miura MB-5003 and on the tm rac mb irons. Suppopsed to be a progressive offset where the short irons have more offset than the long irons. Can you confirm?

ghoonk is right, it is softer than the Miuras. And as I recall it, it has offset but it is not as much as the other Mizuno muscle backs'.

There are 2 versions of this iron (supposedly), stamped and non-stamped. The non-stamped version has just a Mizuno logo at the back and nothing else. It commands such a high price as people believe they are either the limited edition or prototype version of the TN-87. I know a guy has one brand new setofthe unstamped version and he was asking for US$2500. scratch

Khorkar wrote:
Interesting, this is what you can find when you do some quick search.

TN87 - Tommy Nakajima 87

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/17143-mizuno-tn-87-fans-why-are-they-so-popular/

SBH,

Somehow, i get a feeling that you will be doing some ebaying tonight... Razz

Thanks for the link, Khorkar, I've been trying to look it up and I guess I am not as patient as you are. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:00 am

ghoonk wrote:
Yarra, sounds good. Am certainly keen on them, let me know the price and how much offset there is. Any chance you can email me some pics of the irons from the top?

I'll PM you the details and hopefully I can email some pics during the weekend. I gotta go and collect the set from him.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:05 am

Yarra wrote:
ghoonk wrote:
Yarra, sounds good. Am certainly keen on them, let me know the price and how much offset there is. Any chance you can email me some pics of the irons from the top?

I'll PM you the details and hopefully I can email some pics during the weekend. I gotta go and collect the set from him.

if ghoonk doesnt want it, i am next in line!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:11 am

eiji wrote:
Yarra wrote:
ghoonk wrote:

if ghoonk doesnt want it, i am next in line!

No worries. PM sent...
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Hi Guys,

There is a set of TN87 selling at my golf shop- trade hub 21.

I have tested it against, the miura blade, MP33, TM RAC blade, Macgregor VIP, KZG and CGtour....the offset is not too ugly, barely visible.
The TN87 is a tad softer and that's about all.....perhaps today my swing is not up to par.
I don't feel there is anything that special. But surely there will be good resale value.

Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:24 pm

seebayho wrote:
Hi Guys,

There is a set of TN87 selling at my golf shop- trade hub 21.

I have tested it against, the miura blade, MP33, TM RAC blade, Macgregor VIP, KZG and CGtour....the offset is not too ugly, barely visible.
The TN87 is a tad softer and that's about all.....perhaps today my swing is not up to par.
I don't feel there is anything that special. But surely there will be good resale value.

What shaft was in the TN87 you tested?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:50 pm

labels was worn out, I suspect it is DG300 stiff
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:58 pm

seebayho wrote:
labels was worn out, I suspect it is DG300 stiff

I tried one with Tour Concept and another with KBS Tour and they felt way better than Miuras with the same shaft. They even felt better than Miuras with Aerotech and Eagle One...
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:11 am

Collin, you own the shop?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:37 am

watermyforrest wrote:
Collin, you own the shop?

Y???
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 am

You mentioned about the blade available at your golf shop - trade hub 21 mah...
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:29 am

Haha, bcos he has the whole range of blade there, so I took the opportunity to compare mah. Imcidently, I was a Micky mouse share holder when it started. Unfounately it wasn't listed so I am out.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:54 am

Why do I have this feeling that most of the blades for sale there were owned by you... Hmmmm...
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:50 am

Hahaha........ Make sense and how I wish.
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 11:04 am

How much will a set of miura blades cost in SG brand new?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 11:17 am

solarpop wrote:

Around S$320 per club for steel shaft I think. Since its custom made you can decide how many clubs you need. Normally 5-PW. Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 11:29 am

mloy wrote:
solarpop wrote:

Around S$320 per club for steel shaft I think. Since its custom made you can decide how many clubs you need. Normally 5-PW. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info mloy..

That's $2240 for 4-PW, not including GST. I wonder if the feel is really worth the price tag..

Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 11:35 am

solarpop wrote:
mloy wrote:
solarpop wrote:

That's $2240 for 4-PW, not including GST. I wonder if the feel is really worth the price tag..

Solarpop, the price per club is nett. Why don't you just make an appointment and try the clubs before making a decision. If you like I could go with you. Swee boh....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:39 pm

MLoy.......so swee lah...you
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks for the offer, but i'll have to decline.. those clubs are out of my budget, and the last thing i want is to try them and have sleepless nights yearning for something i can't afford.

One thing i've learnt in golf - there is alot of good stuff in the market, and the more i try, the more i will want to buy. Best is to stay away from golf shops Smile

On a separate note though, i really am wondering. Miuras cost 50% more than Mizzies - really that much better feel meh?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:27 pm

mloy wrote:
solarpop wrote:
mloy wrote:
solarpop wrote:

Solarpop, the price per club is nett. Why don't you just make an appointment and try the clubs before making a decision. If you like I could go with you. Swee boh....

Seebayswee ah!
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 4:50 pm

eh colin, how much is Raymond asking for the TN87s?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:04 pm

S$850 condition 7/10
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Ouch Sad
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:08 pm

solarpop wrote:
Thanks for the offer, but i'll have to decline.. those clubs are out of my budget, and the last thing i want is to try them and have sleepless nights yearning for something i can't afford.

One thing i've learnt in golf - there is alot of good stuff in the market, and the more i try, the more i will want to buy. Best is to stay away from golf shops Smile

On a separate note though, i really am wondering. Miuras cost 50% more than Mizzies - really that much better feel meh?

Dude

The Muira dealers are all around your area

http://www.miuragolf.com/dealermap.asp#Texas

Give them a call and try them out. They are good but I have had similar experiences with other irons. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why you should play blade, by Miura San?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next