Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why you should play blade, by Miura San?

Go down 
+17
mloy
pushslice
slinger
alvin7379
Yarra
tronos
S70B
mizzy
ghoonk
hillgreen
bomby
watermyforrest
golf_snowman
asahi
Duval_S
eiji
TigaWood
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

Why you should play blade, by Miura San? Empty
PostSubject: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:35 pm

Miura Golf Debuts

Special Edition Small Blade Iron

VANCOUVER, British Columbia-Legendary forged iron maker, Katsuhiro Miura of Himeji, Japan, and Miura Golf Inc., have introduced the Limited-Edition Small Blade forged iron. The Small Blade features a nickel (satin) finish and follows the fundamental design, manufacturing and functional concepts of all Miura Golf clubs. However, the Small Blade's muscle-back head is about 15 percent smaller than the company's Tournament Blade iron head, and the new iron's face is thicker than the Tournament Blade's face.
When asked why he would be introducing a smaller iron when the industry standard now seems to be mid-size and oversize irons, Mr. Miura responded "industry fads mean nothing to me. These fads are developed by the marketing departments of the equipment manufacturers simply to boost sales and have little to do with performance. What I care about is creating the most perfect performing golf clubs for golfers, and different golfers have different preferences. I believe there is a class of golfer who will very much appreciate the qualities of the Small Blade, and I have made this club for these golfers. This club is for two kinds of golfers - the first being the golfer who generally strikes the ball on the sweet spot and who wants to simply enjoy the unique pleasure of a perfect shot hit with a Miura club - the second being the golfer who really wants to improve and is looking for the most intelligent feedback on every shot he or she hits. Frankly, if people can cleanse their minds of the marketing hype that has been fed to them over the years, they might find that that forged blades are not necessarily only for the single digit handicappers. You are not penalized for mishit shots to the degree people believe and there are many advantages to these clubs, for example the Small Blade cuts through rough more efficiently than any other club."
Mr. Miura, who is director of manufacturing and product development at Miura Golf's manufacturing facility in Himeji, Japan, has been making the world's highest quality forged irons for over 5 decades and is reputed in the Japanese golf media to "have the hands of God". His proprietary 14-step process assures that every Miura club meets the most exacting of golf industry standards.

The Small Blade iron is available in 3-iron through 9-iron, plus pitching wedge. A 2-iron is also optional.

Miura Golf's corporate office is located in Vancouver, British Columbia and Miura Golf clubs are sold at the finest custom-fitting shops in North America. More information on Miura products can be found at www.miuragolf.com.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:41 pm

maybe thats why i like playing the MP14s more than then MX200s
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:01 pm

GULP!!!!!!

but quite enlightening....

Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:03 pm

Yes! Blade is the way to go!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:17 pm

No wonder our Lady champ.....Mloy plays Miura and Miura only....

Guess for me, I need to conquer the inner fear before I lay my hands on blade.....
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:23 pm

seebayho wrote:

i just itchy hand click on ebay, bought Tour Van fitted AP2s on graphite shafts.... ROFL
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:30 pm

eiji wrote:
seebayho wrote:

i just itchy hand click on ebay, bought Tour Van fitted AP2s on graphite shafts.... ROFL

Someone shld ban you from ebay. ROFL
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:35 pm

if i let u know the price...u will be thinking WTF.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:57 am

eiji wrote:
seebayho wrote:

Friend, you got it all wrong....AP2 is not the real thing!
Cancel the order and buy 710 Blade!
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:58 am

Hi SBH

may i ask, do u have any recommendation where i can just get the blade iron head ?

still wondering should i give blade a try...keke
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:07 am

There are a lot in the market from new to used.
BFG, Creative golf, torque golf etc....
You can try this Vega heads from the ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-set-VEGA-RAF-CM-Kyoei-Golf-3-PW-Forged-Iron-Heads-/320582708706?pt=Golf_Clubmaking_Products_US&hash=item4aa437ede2#ht_958wt_911

I am experimenting with a set, if you are keen PM me.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:25 am

can go for older blades. MP33, Titleist 980,981MBs

or go far east or creative and look around for blades
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:28 am

Is MP58 consider a blade? It looks like one to me in relative to my irons
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:36 am

MP58 is a pocket cavity isnt it. MP68 is a muscle back and a very nice one too!
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:07 am

@SBH: switching back to blade?
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:50 am

Was playing baldes MP33 two sets back, the feeling when you hit it right is sublime.... but when you it off.. say goodbye to the ball and you will get a uncomfortable tingle in your hands.

Why I move away from blades is that it takes too much commitment to hit it consistently. Therefore when my new commitment arrives, i move back to the normal mid-size or over size irons. But if you are the type that want to go for the perfect swing.. and able to shape the ball of different environment... then please go and try blades.

But if you like me... now a leisure golfers that just want the ball to go straight and land soft.. and does not want to commit a lot of time in training.. stay with the easy to hit irons.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:34 am

watermyforrest wrote:
@SBH: switching back to blade?

I am a confused man......always switching here and there.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:47 am

When we practice, most of the time we look for distance and accuracy.
But there is another important aspect, the quality of your ball striking.
Once your quality of ball striking is in place, the distance and accuracy will be easier to address.

Hence, blade is an excellent club to give you feedback on your striking quality.

In your next range session, practice on the striking and let me know if I make sense.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:51 am

yes..totally agree with you, SBH

ball striking is one very important factor...and that is why i am thinking of using blade as my training club..
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 12:16 pm

After reading this, I also confused.... blade for range practising and cavity for green ? Why you should play blade, by Miura San? Icon_question
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:18 pm

eiji wrote:
MP58 is a pocket cavity isnt it. MP68 is a muscle back and a very nice one too!

Correct.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:18 pm

so here is the plebian golfer like me will now ask.

Is MP68 categorized as Blade?

Is pocket cavity MP58 also called Blade?

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Duval_S wrote:

MP68s are considered as muscle backs. The MB5003s are also muscle backs, as are the TM RAC MB, TM TP MB, Cobra Pro MB, KZG Forged Z0. 'True' blades don't have the 'lump' behind the face, but the modern interpretation of a blade is a muscleback

Historically, the correct term was MUSSELback, cos the extra mass was shaped like a mussel (clam) behind the head, but over time, it probably sounded more cool to call the musclebacks

MP58s are pocket CAVITIES, which fall into the concept of a cavityback. Anything that has a space at the back and more mass AROUND the around, i.e. perimeter weighting is pretty much a cavityback
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:25 pm

thanks ghoon....so I should not be afraid of being near to 58 and 68 ( I think.....)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why you should play blade, by Miura San?   Why you should play blade, by Miura San? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why you should play blade, by Miura San?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next