Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ping G15 driver

Go down 
+12
simoner
ringrain_78
joshcct
renode
TITW
Duval_S
solarpop
asahi
golfcoma
watchman88sg
golfchowmk
H-bomb
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mountain
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Ping G15 driver - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 driver   Ping G15 driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Thx for the advice.

Kind of hard to see G15 on resale .. also I do not have enough knowledge to check if it has been abused. Will my first driver be a Ping? Smile
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 driver   Ping G15 driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:49 am

Mountain.

If it's goin to be ur first driver, would you consider starting with G10? Less intimidating when u look at it as G15 head rather big, imo. Would be cheaper as well..
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 driver   Ping G15 driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 5:49 am

TITW wrote:

After using the stock shaft for quite some time (which was good for me), I'd decided that it was tine to change the shaft (as put forth by Solarpop) and wow! What a difference! Ping G15 + K = cheers

I'm glad you ventured with a good aftermarket shaft for the G15, the difference in performance is astounding.

Not that i want a "i told you so" moment, but your testimony reiterates what i was trying to highlight to anyone considering the G15 - that the stock shafts were severely limiting the performance of the driver head. I do not doubt that some will actually like the stock setup, but that's probably only because you haven't really seen what you can do with this driver, given the right shaft...

Back to top Go down
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 driver   Ping G15 driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:39 am

solarpop wrote:
TITW wrote:

After using the stock shaft for quite some time (which was good for me), I'd decided that it was tine to change the shaft (as put forth by Solarpop) and wow! What a difference! Ping G15 + K = cheers

I'm glad you ventured with a good aftermarket shaft for the G15, the difference in performance is astounding.

Not that i want a "i told you so" moment, but your testimony reiterates what i was trying to highlight to anyone considering the G15 - that the stock shafts were severely limiting the performance of the driver head. I do not doubt that some will actually like the stock setup, but that's probably only because you haven't really seen what you can do with this driver, given the right shaft...

Does this apply to the G15 3 wood as well? i have it.
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 driver   Ping G15 driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:03 pm

Sorry i don't have the G15 woods, and have never tried them so i shouldn't comment.

Generally though, i'm of the opinion that most stock shafts are sub-standard. So far the only OEM shaft i ever regret changing was that of my Titleist 909F2, which came with a "made for" diamana blueboard. It was working perfectly fine for me till i itchy backside decide to mess with the shafts. Tried a real blueboard, then now a PX graphite. Both don't work well.. lost almost 15m and ball flight super high.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 driver   Ping G15 driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:31 am

mountain wrote:
Can advise how much is the Bishan Pro Shop quoting for the driver?

It's about S$600 if I remembered correctly. I fitted my Ping Anser forge irons there. There's this guy Ben who is good in fitting.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 driver   Ping G15 driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:19 am

Anyone tried the Ping I15 driver? Comments?
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 driver   Ping G15 driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 pm

Cornball:
Because of you, i went to try the G15 3W today. And now i want to buy it.. I wasn't even in the market for a new 3W. The face feels damn nice, sounds damn good.. and to answer your earlier question - yes, the stock shaft is horrid to me too. If i eventually get it, i will definitely go aftermarket with the shaft.

simoner:
The I15 to me is so-so.. not exactly forgiving. Launch very low even on my good hits, and not very far. My driver swing is quite inconsistent so i need the driver to be easy to use. Even most Ping sponsored pros are choosing the G15 over the I15, and i guess that says something. Ultimately you should try it yourself. What doesn't work for others may work for you.
Back to top Go down
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 driver   Ping G15 driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:26 pm

Wahhahaa.. oops..

I actually kinda like the shaft of the G15. Jialat. My standard of quality is so low. Sad
Back to top Go down
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 driver   Ping G15 driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi,

Can advise me where can i get the Ping driver & iron set at the best discount in Singapore

Thanks

Ping Golf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ping G15 driver   Ping G15 driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ping G15 driver
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2