Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

golf shopping in singapore

Go down 
+6
weesern
botak
ghoonk
Yarra
currahee
izz0golf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
izz0golf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf shopping in singapore Empty
PostSubject: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:16 pm

hey guys,

i am from your asean neighbour country of brunei, and i have been taking 3 weeks of golf lessons. As there is only one golf shop in the whole of brunei(that overprice like hell), and i will be going to singapore for a friend's wedding soon, i thought i would pick up my very first golf stuff.. just wondering since my budget is between 1500 to 2000 SGD. how far would that go? i am hoping to get a set of irons, a driver, a putter and a bag... is this achievable? i know it depends on the brand and quality.. but hoping to get stuff from known brands... ie TM, titleist, Wilson cobra etc...

and where shld i go? i have been hearing far east plaza, takashimaya etc...

well thanx anyway..
Back to top Go down
currahee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:29 pm

hi... im sure your budget shld be sufficient...
there are some promo at pan-west now, check it out...http://www.pan-west.com/promotion_details.jsp?id=128

some fellow GRians also do sell new stuff online. chk out the mktplace to see if you find any u fancy..

happy shopping
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 am

Depends on what do you wanna get...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:48 am

Not Far East Plaza, you want to go to Far East Shopping Center. it is between Hilton and Wheelock Place (the one with Borders book store). Greenfield Golf has a good variety.

SGD1500 will get you a pretty good set, including bag, all used. Personally, I find that most Singaporeans tak very good care of their clubs, and have a tendency to change just for the sake of variety or after a bad round.

I usually would not recommend buying new as the depreciation is just not worth it (you lose around 30% the moment you use it), but that's your decision.

You might also want to pop by the Pan West showroom at Jalan Pemimpin as they have the Pan West sale there pretty often. As Pan West is the agent/distributor for Callway, you should be able to get the following

driver - FT-i, FT-iQ (around SGD300-350 new)
fairway wood - FT-i (they were giving these away for SGD1 for every FT-iQ driver sold at the sale back in Feb)
irons - X22 irons 3 to PW (you need to decide if you want graphite or steel shafts, the former being more expensive) - around SGD700-800?
wedges - around SGD69 per wedge, you can consider either getting 52/56/60 combo, or a 54/58 combo. I personally prefer the 54/58 combo
putter - they have a wide range of odyssey putters for around SGD99 each
bag - stand bags are under SGD200
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:58 am

Since you're new, I'd recommend getting a 2nd hand set. SGD2k will get you a complete set, including a bag

Go to this shop http://creativegolf.net/index1.asp

Happy shopping.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:59 am

botak's idea is a good one - Joe Lam is one of the longest-standing used golf equipment guys in Singapore

botak - any idea if Joe has any nice staff bags on sale?
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:04 am

I haven't been there in a while... last time I kept bugging him for bags, he says he doesn't have many. Anyway, as you know already with Joe, it's a hit or miss thing wan... That's the beauty about going there. It's like going treasure hunting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:05 am

true! might head down tomorrow to see what he has Very Happy
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:07 am

Happy hunting!
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:13 am

Isetan at Scotts will be having a sale end July
Back to top Go down
rocco3107
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:20 am

hey guys, what are your opinions of MST shop at MBGC? Recently i bought my set from their other shop at Seletar Country Club, find that their prices are very competitive, a few of their sets were cheaper than Pan West's (even when Pan West was having this Citibank promotion).

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:30 am

MST is good....the shaun guy is the one I usually look for
Back to top Go down
Seraie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:41 pm

*removed, 2nd infringement of rules*

Last edited by eiji on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : this your second and final warning.)
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 4:18 pm

ghoonk wrote:
botak's idea is a good one - Joe Lam is one of the longest-standing used golf equipment guys in Singapore

botak - any idea if Joe has any nice staff bags on sale?

Joe does not sell used bags. I checked. I just wanted a cart bag to put at home to hold my lose clubs. he has new PING bags at 20% off
Back to top Go down
izz0golf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:24 pm

thanx for the help guys...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: golf shopping in singapore   golf shopping in singapore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

golf shopping in singapore
Page 1 of 1