Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?

Go down 
+4
rdchin71
pug
Technospaz
blackswan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
blackswan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? Empty
PostSubject: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:13 am

Where is a good place to shop in Tokyo or Osaka for golf equipments, golf sets? Is the place kinda of like Tokyo's electronic city Akihabara?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:35 am

A friend of mine recommended Jypers. I'm not sure where the retail store is in Tokyo but it does look pretty amazing though the prices are a little steep.
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:46 am

BTW, is it cheaper to get in Japan or States? May be going japan early next year
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:48 am

pug wrote:
BTW, is it cheaper to get in Japan or States? May be going japan early next year

The States mostly.
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:50 am

Technospaz wrote:
pug wrote:

The States mostly.

For Mizuno?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:53 am

pug wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
pug wrote:

The States mostly.

For Mizuno?

Well, you can get a decent idea of pricing of Mizuno (or any other golf product) from the net. Check out sites with Edwin Watts Golf and Golfsmith, and remember that retail prices at golf warehouses may be even lower Smile So, decide from there if the price is acceptable to you. Also remember that buying golf gear from the US or Japan means that you'll have different specs to consider. US spec gear is intended for the US audience where Japan spec gear is intended for the Asian audience.
Back to top Go down
blackswan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:11 am

Where can we find golf warehouse in japan?
Back to top Go down
rdchin71
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:19 pm

I love golf shops in Japan, they are huge. Golf5 is a huge departmental chain store with branches all over Japan, the one I went to in Matsumoto is the size of a huge supermarket in Singapore. Another one is Tsuraya.

Mizuno can only be found in their own store, there is one huge one in Osaka.

By and large golf clubs are expensive in Japan, I usually go for the accessories.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:16 pm

everything is expensive in Japan lar
Back to top Go down
SC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
SC

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Bro Rdchin71 where is golf5 and tsuraya in Tokyo, googled but could not find. Going Tokyo next month.
Back to top Go down
rdchin71
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:40 pm

SC wrote:
Bro Rdchin71 where is golf5 and tsuraya in Tokyo, googled but could not find. Going Tokyo next month.

ok here you go Golf5 & Tsuruya

I'm sure if you ask the hotel concierge they will help you to find the nearest store.
Back to top Go down
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TObe

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:13 pm

pug wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
pug wrote:

The States mostly.

For Mizuno?

Based on what my Japanese boss told me, it seems that Japanese brands are actually cheaper in Sg. One main reason is the exchange rate. Based on my past experience (twice this yr to Japan and chked out their golf stuff), we can't really get cheaper stuff - only things that we can't find in Sg or other parts of the world e.g. Japan edition designs or golf gadgets/tools.
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks, seems like better to wait for GH Christmas sales Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RogY
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
RogY

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:48 am

pug wrote:
Thanks, seems like better to wait for GH Christmas sales Very Happy

You can check out Victoria Golf at Shinjuku or better still Kotobuki golf at Ueno. I prefer the latter as there are a few other shops around that location. Check out the April or May edition of Golf Digest and you can find an article on Golf shopping in Tokyo. There is also one shop at Ueno that sells Adams golf equipment. Prices are not cheap, but you can find all types of accessories or JDM stuff, like Puma shoes. cheers

Happy shopping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?   Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf shopping in Osaka or Tokyo?
Page 1 of 1