Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama

Go down 
+5
WILL33
JonL_TK
robert33
sim.t.lim
CoRN
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama Empty
PostSubject: Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama   Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Will be going to these 2 cities and wonder what golf items can be found there, which cannot be found in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama   Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Bro, nearby shinjuku train station got this victory golf. If i din remember wrongly is 9storey. Selling everythig abt golf. Alternatively, go takashimaya golf section. I think more cartoon head cover selection which only in jap can be found. At takashimaya you can get the tourist coupon which allow you to have additional discount. Might be more expensive but can only be found in jap. For yokohama i din went there before..share with me when u back if u found any pro shop there.
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama   Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Bro corn do check out ueno at tokyo.. There's a street selling sports product and near the end of the street u will find some golf shops...

Some of the shops r selling used clubs... Be sure to check out the vokey forged wedge which onli found at japan. Many accessories can be found as well..

I also remember some small golf shops along e railway tracks some distance away.. You will find those jap forged baby blades with jap words engraved.. Those r rather ex thou.. But they make those normal iron heads look huge..!!!

So far tat's is all i can recall... Snoop ard there u may have surprises... Happy shopping bro!!!
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama   Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:01 pm

You can bargain at Victory Golf... I got 25% off the last time but combining a sizeable quantity of items!

There is a chinese girl working on the men's floor... think was level 4... speak to her in chinese and she will go out of her way to get u freebies and discounts!
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama   Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks guys. Sure to go see see look look and who knows I will come back with deadly WMD. Haha...
Back to top Go down
WILL33
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
WILL33

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama   Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:50 pm

Victory Golf is good place to visit, with so many level to shop.

They have very nice golf bags specially cater for Japanese market only.

Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama   Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:24 pm

I found those small shops (like 7-11) along Shinjuku east and west street offer much cheaper as they are more flexible in price. The only limitation is that; there is no space to swing the clubs.
Back to top Go down
rkangrah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama   Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 3:28 pm

Japanese clubs are different from the rest of the market. The price is also sky high compare to non-Japanese clubs. I hope you find a good store in Japan....
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama   Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:09 pm

rkangrah wrote:

Japanese clubs are different from the rest of the market. The price is also sky high compare to non-Japanese clubs. I hope you find a good store in Japan....

how are they different? better? worse? looks nicer? uglier? Seems like good players play Mizuno...how about Srixon?
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama   Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:07 am

they are different cause they are japanese lah.. what else.. hehehe.. Wink

Ueno is in Ameyo kocho it's a street next to Ueno Okachimachi.. (not the main Ueno station).
you can get there either via the yamanote JR line or you can get there via Chikatetsu (Metro subway) Ginza line (exit in Ueno Hirokoji).

Alternatively some area near central also have it, specially along ShinOchanomizu, but yeah you need to walk a bit. There are more guitar shops there and it's near Tokyo university so you can look look and see see better (not golf stick of guitar)... Smile

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
rkangrah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama   Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 6:13 pm

pushslice wrote:
rkangrah wrote:

how are they different? better? worse? looks nicer? uglier? Seems like good players play Mizuno...how about Srixon?

Different in design and technology from the usa version bro. They look nicer too. Take a look at Taylormade R9 Forged iron japanese version, looks very nice.

Performance wise could be the same bro...

Last edited by rkangrah on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama   Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:03 pm

Simply google r7 forged irons of japan issue...you'll see its' beauty! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama   Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf shopping in Tokyo and Yokohama
Page 1 of 1