Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Want some advice on what to get next

Go down 
+8
daveaha
ChrisD
slinger
alvin7379
golf_snowman
TigaWood
asahi
aural
12 posters
AuthorMessage
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

Want some advice on what to get next Empty
PostSubject: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Currently I got a driver, 4-p iron, s wedge.

I will need to get a putter definitely and with budget constraint.
The thing I am trying to figure out is what to buy for me to play a proper game.

Solution:

1. 3 wood and 3 rescue
2. 3 wood and 5 wood

My friend told me to try solution 2 first and rescue only after I get the above clubs and still have some gaps to fill. Also to get my strokes better with my woods and thus my driver. A rescue might just make me take the easy way out and long run my driver to suffer in terms of swings since the fairway woods feel are more like a driver and with more practice a better woods swing.

Alittle abt myself, I dun mind going thru tougher route but the part abt rescue vs woods comment is it true?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:47 pm

Bro, there's a thread here on hybrid vs woods. Do a search on it, read thru the opinions there ANC hopefully you can make some semblance of informed decision on which to adopt. Cool
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:59 pm

option 1 is the new way to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:24 pm

ok, will go read that up. For my friend he bought the rescue and ended up his driver swing did suffer a little compared to when he use his woods only.

Will ask more when i have read more.

>> seebayho, both myself and my friend agree on that but he just suggest for me to go option 2 first and get my woods swing proper first. He said alot of ppl buy drivers but end up the swing are not consistent slicing all over the place and ended up fall to their hybrids. Long game they may end up playing very badly. A hybrid is confirm will buy just first to buy or later and good for new guys to train that or the painful woods.

Lol 1 month into the game and spent quite a bit already. Pocket alittle pain =x
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:32 pm

It really depend..some really prefer FW than hybrid..but there are also some like me would prefer hybrid. I dun have any FW, and my hybrid can cover distance gap.

That is partially because my driving distance not far and hybrid is sufficient to cover distance gap between driver and iron.

Beside FW and hybrid, I think short game is important and personally i would prefer to invest a bit on wedges and good putter and focus more on practising short game.

this is just my personal opinion and preference..cheers

snowman
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Dun restrain yourself to option 1 or 2... try out your kakis's clubs... you never know which you prefer until you try the clubs physically.

If you are only beginning to learn golf, I also suggest that you buy 1 club first (FW/ Hybrid)... and preferably the shorter ones. Once you get the hang of things.. then move on to get the longer clubs.

But if you ask me... I think Golf-Snowman made a good recommendation... invest in your wedges... you will find them so much more important and useful than the woods and hybrids...

bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:50 pm

alvin7379 wrote:

If you are only beginning to learn golf, I also suggest that you buy 1 club first (FW/ Hybrid)... and preferably the shorter ones. Once you get the hang of things.. then move on to get the longer clubs.

Beer
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:53 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
Dun restrain yourself to option 1 or 2... try out your kakis's clubs... you never know which you prefer until you try the clubs physically.

But if you ask me... I think Golf-Snowman made a good recommendation... invest in your wedges... you will find them so much more important and useful than the woods and hybrids...

bounce

Face Hug

Beer
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Till date I am still do not have any wood except my driver in my bag.
Using 2i hybrid most of the time for anything that is more than 190m.
Reason being I only have 50% hit rate on my titleist 907f4 3 wood.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:01 pm

ChrisD wrote:

50% means the rest top or duff ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:03 pm

daveaha wrote:
ChrisD wrote:

eh, 50% hit rate means 50% of the time his ball hit the flight in front lah....
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:04 pm

daveaha wrote:
ChrisD wrote:

Bro Daveaha... people only hit his woods max 2 times/ round of golf... 50% meaning one shot is "2 on for par 5" and the other is "top but still can roll far far for a short chip type" mah.... What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:08 pm

the feeling of hitting a great 3 wood 200m+ off the deck, leaving you with a very short approach on a par 5 is one of golf's great feeling, more shiok that a great drive, more shiok than sinking a long putt, more shiok than chipping to 2-3 foot from 50 out.....its like a drug and once you hit it a few times you will be addicted. No telling what will happen if you 2 on a par 5...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:15 pm

tronos wrote:
the feeling of hitting a great 3 wood 200m+ off the deck, leaving you with a very short approach on a par 5 is one of golf's great feeling, more shiok that a great drive, more shiok than sinking a long putt, more shiok than chipping to 2-3 foot from 50 out.....its like a drug and once you hit it a few times you will be addicted. No telling what will happen if you 2 on a par 5...

i disagree.....not shiok enough

shiok is abt hitting a great 2nd shot on a par 5 and watch the ball roll into the hole Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:16 pm

tronos wrote:

2 on par 5 and putt for eagle.
*slurp slurp* Smile
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:26 pm

darenlim wrote:
tronos wrote:

*slurp slurp* Smile

for u is not a putt, its a gimme... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:29 pm

weesern wrote:
darenlim wrote:
tronos wrote:

*slurp slurp* Smile

for u is not a putt, its a gimme... Very Happy

I normally play 2 pin length gimme Smile cheers
or hit flag considered eagle ! ROFL
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:34 pm

darenlim wrote:

I normally play 2 pin length gimme Smile cheers
or hit flag considered eagle ! ROFL
Hahaha... No wonder u can shoot so low!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want some advice on what to get next   Want some advice on what to get next I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Want some advice on what to get next
Page 1 of 1