Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nike VR Split Cavity Users

Go down 
+8
ghoonk
Ridox
jurongtiger
divpan
maxismm
ParTee
vingay32
mengteck71
12 posters
AuthorMessage
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

Nike VR Split Cavity Users Empty
PostSubject: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:25 pm

Anyone using this set of irons? Able to provide reviews against any irons you have used before?
Back to top Go down
vingay32
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
vingay32

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:27 pm

i think titleist is still better.... Thanks
Back to top Go down
ParTee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ParTee

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:55 pm

vingay32 wrote:

I have used the VR split cavity irons
for 6 mths..but never liked it...don't
give good distance... I would rate it
as an average irons ...Titleist AP 2 or
Ping G15 are much better but cost
more, presently playing the G15...
So easy to hit the sweet spot and
longer.
Back to top Go down
maxismm
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:19 pm

my fren using now, with graphite shaft,quite forgiving....
now i'm using ci7,very easy to hit good distance,but thinking to change to x forged,try once and ... super good ah Laughing
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:11 pm

vingay32 wrote:

VG,

I know u good lar.. Titltest are for god players lor Smile
Back to top Go down
divpan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Im using this set currently...steel shafts...

frankly, I'm loving this set of clubs!!

In terms of distance, of course it depends on individual, 7-iron gives me 150m (do your math for the rest).

Have played with this set for about 4-6months and it is serving me well. As it is a mixed betwn cav and blade, it is both a fairly forgiving clubs + good for aiming.

The top-line of the club head resembles that of a blade..good in helping me aim where I wan the ball to go..also, sometimes when i top the ball, i still get my distance..roughly..

Im frequently at MBGC driving range..can meet me to try out if keen...

No regrets thus far..
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:47 pm

Divpan,

What is the shaft you are using?
Back to top Go down
divpan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:47 am

nspro
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:42 pm

I have been using the VR splits for about 9 months now. I found this set to be both good looking and forgiving as an in between for the VR blades and full cavities.

What I didnt like about the stock set was the options of shaft then: NSPRO and DG only.

After playing with the NSPRO950 for about 4 months, and consistently getting a club length short, I visited DGman at the turn of the year.

Was fitted with KBS tour90 and never looked back since. Changed out of the original nike grips as well. Never really like them, even those on the VR wedges..

I have played the Ap2's and I do not agree that the VR splits play less well. Other than the difference in brands, I do think the Splits look as good as the AP2 or the G15 (well most clubs look better than the G15 in my opinion hehe) .
Back to top Go down
Ridox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 2:19 am

VR with KBS tour shafts? sound really nice.. hows the play? I've a set of Pro Combo forged as spare and i'm thinking of fitting KBS tour shafts too. Should be much better than the DG that comes with it..
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:04 am

I have hit jurongtiger's irons and I will just say this as a blade lover

it looks like a blade from the top, has great feel, and is super forgiving. If they had no offset, they would be in my bag Smile
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:16 am

hmm... this just confirm my next purchase Smile
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:17 pm

Will be getting a relatively new 2nd hand set tomorrow but with NS PRo Shaft. Does anyone knows can the KBS Shafts on my IKASU able to be pulled out and fit into the Split Cavity? Is the hozel or tapered thingy same?
Back to top Go down
wl71
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
wl71

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Ah Teck, have you changed your iron shafts yet?

I just switched back to my TM300 irons...really siong, man. Rifle shafts on TM300s feel heavier than DGS300s on my TPs.

Checked out the ad in Marketplace...it's the older model xforged, so not too keen.

Thanks for bringing me into this forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:33 pm

Now gaming NIke Split Cavity on KBS Shaft. Smooth and easy. You wont regret. If u wish to got for swing analysis.. let me know.. i can help you arrange
Back to top Go down
gohyiping
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:34 pm

I have a friend looking to sell his set 4-PW with a 56* VR wedge. Anyone keen to try out a relatively new used set can leave me a PM
cheers
Back to top Go down
lexancer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:54 pm

i just got this set of irons last time i was back in singapore. graphite shaft. bought second hand at far east. so far no regrets. good feedback on impact, and i can get very good distance on it so far (by my low standards at least Razz)
Back to top Go down
Exigence78
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi there....just bought the Split Cavity VR Forged from GH that comes in Proj X shaft....

Great feel and user friendly:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nike VR Split Cavity Users
Page 1 of 1