Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nike VR Split Cavity Users

Go down 
+11
DLWL
theone
Stanix
waadee
NikeN
ngjw89
zixter
Gray
tohsk8
jingwei
mengteck71
15 posters
AuthorMessage
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

Nike VR Split Cavity Users Empty
PostSubject: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Anyone using this set of irons? Able to provide reviews against any irons you have used before?
Back to top Go down
jingwei
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:31 am

Hi Guys, I am looking to buy the G15 too. Any recommendations where i should go??
Back to top Go down
tohsk8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:38 am

Following are some of the authorized dealers
- Golf House
- Custom Golf - Bishan Driving Range
- Golf Simply - Far East Shopping Center
- Bob's Golf - Rangoon Road
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Tried the nike vr split cavity. Not so easy to launch. Unless u are good ball striker always hitting the sweet spot, it will be difficult
Back to top Go down
zixter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:59 pm

I am using the vr half cavity forged iron .. Not sure if it is the same one you are talking about but here's my 2 cents.

Many say the iron is for semi pros and unforgiving but surprisingly for me I am able to hit it rather consistently (I play in the low hundreds).

In terms of comparison,I also tried my brother's Nike slingshot and demoed the titleist irons at Warren yeaterday. I feel the Nike vr is more forgiving than the slingshot and gives me more consistent distance .. It feels very similar to the titleist cb forged irons though.
Back to top Go down
ngjw89
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:12 am

i've been using the vr split cavities for over a year now and they've been working well for me. i can't give a good review because this is my first set of irons from the time i started golfing seriously (i began learning with a really old set of blades, so the transition was easy)

it does take quite some effort to get the ball up high with the longer irons, but definitely manageable with some practice, and the feel across the whole set is pretty sweet i'd say.

i've recently tried the taylormade 2011 mc and mb. the mc looks and feel nearly the same as the nikes. as for the mb, surprisingly i felt that they were slightly more forgiving than the nikes

hope this helps
Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:05 am

i been using VR split cavity for 1year plus before bought Nike TW blade back in 2 months.
Cant comment much on VR split cavity iron, as the set before also my first learning set was beginner Katana.
Here's are the different compare split cavity and blade, blade is more lighter, and the ball have more spin compare to split cavity, and the feedback feel for blade is just fantastic.
About forgiveness and distance, i dont feel any different. Am not Pro, so all just personal comment, i might be wrong.... lol!
Nike Golf
Back to top Go down
waadee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:27 pm

iam also using nike vr pro split cavity irons... all i can say it looks good hehehe
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:21 am

My pal loan me his set Of the said nikes...
Wif ns pro 950 shaft, u need a gd grip to hav the feel in ur swing which am practicing to master.. Hehe
But when it di hit the sweet spot... It feels great... Just do it..
Back to top Go down
theone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:53 pm

Am still using the nike vr cavity all this while. 4yrs+. My first bought irons as a friend borrowed me his callaway to me before I bought the VR. Never thought of changing as it suits me well. Im scoring back 80s, sometimes 90+. Very forgiving. I tried the VR blade but preferred the cavity as I dont see much difference.  In fact, im still using SQ driver tour series 460. It sounds fantastic and cover the distances I want, 270 - 280m is gd enough. 
To me, its about feel and the sets suits you. Probably, changing my sets can lower my score Very Happy . Not too soon.

In my bag:
Driver - SQ 460 tour series shaft YJS
Hybrid - Nike Covert kuro kage shaft
Irons - NIKE VR  cavity. Shaft true temper gold
Wedges - NIKE VR 56 & 60 deg. Shaft NS Pro
Putter - Oddysey White Ice Mallet. 32 Lampkin grip
Bag - BMW cart bag
Ball - NIKE one platinum
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:51 pm

Where u get the Nike One Platinum? Thought its out of production for 2 yrs already
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:34 pm

Ebay still can buy.
Or refurbished balls from certain local websites.

Am using the One Tour D. Wink
Back to top Go down
theone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Bought couple of boxes the 1 platinum last year at golf sale. Can check at ebay
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:53 pm

anyone knows where I can find the Vr Pro Combo irons? been searching golf house outlets around the island for a new set but it's always out of stock...
Back to top Go down
matthew.wong.92123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
matthew.wong.92123

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:18 am

HitSoft wrote:
anyone knows where I can find the Vr Pro Combo irons? been searching golf house outlets around the island for a new set but it's always out of stock...
I saw Taka has it with PX shaft.
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:57 pm

taka? yah think saw a set with px 6.0 

vr forged combo coming out soon.. duno golf house gona retail?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Daztasiumz wrote:
taka? yah think saw a set with px 6.0 

vr forged combo coming out soon.. duno golf house gona retail?
Perhaps the now-defunct Lukewa might make a come back ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nike VR Split Cavity Users   Nike VR Split Cavity Users I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nike VR Split Cavity Users
Page 1 of 1