Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?

Go down 
+5
joshcct
eden
joleelyn
daveaha
tronos
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? Empty
PostSubject: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:11 pm

saw a few GRians selling their stuff, took some really nice, even artistic pictures of their clubs to sell or for their WIMB pictures. Looks like those pictures in the magazines.

My pictures all comes out lousy.

How to take such pictures? or is some Photoshop involved?

i only have a normal compact camera (Samsung NV24HD)
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Is this up to your standard ?

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? IMG_5802

The picture above is taken using my canon ixus camera. Night time.

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? 28634_387075509779_761519779_3665325_3142880_n

The picture above taken using iPhone, day time... much better right ?

You can take pic using any point and shoot cam. Try not to use phone cam, they're not up to it (mostly).

Try to take under the sun, outdoor. You'll be surprised.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:27 pm

can see ur finger holding the 3 wood leh.....
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:27 pm

tronos wrote:
saw a few GRians selling their stuff, took some really nice, even artistic pictures of their clubs to sell or for their WIMB pictures. Looks like those pictures in the magazines.

My pictures all comes out lousy.

How to take such pictures? or is some Photoshop involved?

i only have a normal compact camera (Samsung NV24HD)

use the marco function (the one with the flower).. sharpens the image on the foreground. =) so u can take close up shots.

And try not to use the flash cos it'll just reflect off the club. use the room's lighting instead. (at night)...

Hope this helps.=D
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:28 pm

tronos wrote:
can see ur finger holding the 3 wood leh.....

Just crop 'lah' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:33 pm

joleelyn wrote:
use the marco function (the one with the flower).. sharpens the image on the foreground. =) so u can take close up shots.

And try not to use the flash cos it'll just reflect off the club. use the room's lighting instead. (at night)...

Hope this helps.=D

i did exactly as described above for the below pics....using MACRO and no flash!
The end product NOT too bad I think Razz
Panasonic Lumix (more than 5 years old)

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? 23903_10

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? 23903_11

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? 23903_12

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? 23903_13
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:40 pm

=) then you can enhance using the 'brightness' and contrast tools on windows or photoshop...

this is like 101 (i use this to cheat).takes like a couple secs per pic. .. lazy to actual go thru the whole photoshop process. LOL
Back to top Go down
joshcct
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:26 am

The background plays a big part. The photos that u took has almost same tone as ur clubs. Try to have white background if u are taking photos of the complete set. Or zoom in for individual clubs n use macro, so as to blurred the background.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:55 am

important things to consider when taking a picture...

1. cleanliness of club.

You really think I take pictures of my clubs as it is? Hell No. I scrub and scrub and get the grime and dirt out of the grooves before posting. With shinier clubs, they look younger, more presentable and definitely more sellable.

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? 2683543963_cf4fc859fd
before...

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? 2683548197_b76a8453d0
after...

2. lighting.
There are 2 kinds of lighting. First the lighting on the subject; club head or whole bag. There is also the background lighting to brighten up the whole picture. Take note that the forum has a black background and bright pictures will really stand out. Take a few shots while fiddling with flash and aperture. For the people with simpler cameras, like me, using a free digital camera, play around with flash and macro settings. For people who have even simpler cameras, just play around with the flash. When choosing the final picture, take your time to go back and forth with the pictures that you have and choose the one that is clearer to you.

These are 2 pictures that i took recently of my travel set. there were more pictures, I think 8 in total, but it boiled down to these 2.

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? 4530626908_94a8e3d33b
This was taken with macro and no flash.

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? 4530627524_78dd47ebd3
This was taken normal and with flash. You can see that I fiddled around with the position of the putter. Again, my focus was to show the 'ZEN' brand. You can see in this picture, that it looks like an ordinary blade putter, unlike the top picture.

3. focus/subject matter.
Bringing out your 'point' of the picture is very important. If you want the audience to see the marks on your club face, it is important to focus and make sure the marks on the club face is clear and everything else is blurred.

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? 4431822276_300b759f8b

this can be achieved by fiddling with the macro settings.

4. background.
If your clubs are shiny and bright, put a dark background behind to again, bring out the subject matter. and If you clubs are oil-can or black-nickel finished, then you would want a lighter background. It is more or less fiddling around with contrast of fore ground and back ground. There is also a trick of making your picture interesting by using a 'real world background'.

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? 2600552562_c27557f8ce

CCC said that he respected me because i post this thread in the previous forum of how to clean my golf clubs in some sleezy hotel toilet.

I used to post pictures of my other stuff in other places, and then people comment, "How much did you buy your car?" "Who is your gardener? Can recommend?"

5. size of picture.
Nothing irks me more when I open a page and find the picture uploading slowly due to the HUGE size of it. The picture is too big for me to see it with one look, I got to scroll up and down, left and right to view the whole thing and then I have to let my brain later to try to piece together the parts that I saw. Not everyone has that 32" LCD or big projector screen that you are using as a monitor. Some of us poor folks are one iddy-bitty devices knowns as iPads and netbooks. Can you spare some thoughts for us? a good size to me is 500 pixels all round max. Big enough to see and good enough to hit most screens.

6. Patience and presentation.
Don't be so eager to snap and post it online. Take the time to at least choose the best picture that you have taken. When taking a picture, do not just take one picture, then wham-bam-thank-you-ma'm and post it on the board. Take a few pictures, as mentioned, play with lighting and modes of the camera, then later also take your time to view your pictures and choose the one u think shows out best of your subject matters.

These are just basic stuff. Click my WIMB below and go through my thread and carefully observe the pictures that I put up. Although most of the pictures are not professionally taken, I think it pretty much does the job. There are also a few tricks that I did not share yet as these are more advanced and I cannot express them in words that well.

One more note. OBSERVE your pictures carefully, make sure nothing compromising turns out in your pictures. Especially when your clubs are shiny and then you are naked taking the pictures... Go figure.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:14 am

Bro MC, wow! Nice sharing of info. Cheers! Then again......

"Especially when your clubs are shiny and then you are naked taking the pictures... Go figure."

Stroking & cleaning club while bathing?!
ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:20 am

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? 153
Shiny objects and nekkid ppl....albino
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:44 am

Bwahaha.... Check out the reflection on the shiny kettle...

Last edited by watermyforrest on Wed May 12, 2010 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:45 am

asahi wrote:
Stroking & cleaning club while bathing?!
ROFL ROFL ROFL

i am not going to go there...

"so who has a shiny shaft now..."
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:46 am

woah... just abt to go slp then saw this...
*nightmares**
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:48 am

joleelyn wrote:
woah... just abt to go slp then saw this...
*nightmares**

nightmare or ... "Nice" dream?
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:48 am

def nightmare....=p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?   how to take nice pictures of golf clubs? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to take nice pictures of golf clubs?
Page 1 of 1