Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What a nice day for Golf..

Go down 
+2
DGman
Lam Kelvin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lam Kelvin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Lam Kelvin

What a nice day for Golf.. Empty
PostSubject: What a nice day for Golf..   What a nice day for Golf.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:38 am

Wishing all GR kakis that are golfing today to enjoy the weather more then the game itself.. And for those who are working now like me, just wish them all the best n hate them at the same.. Hehe.. Mad
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What a nice day for Golf..   What a nice day for Golf.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:30 am

i was talking to someone who reads and uses the traditional chinese calendar. according to her, the chinese calender works on 9 day block and the coldest block is going to peak at the 4th block. so as "Dong Zhi" in chinese or "Kanji" in Jpaanese or "Hangkul" in Korean was observed on the 22 Dec 2011. the coldest block will be during the CNY period.

so if you want to enjoy golf during the best part of the year, the next 2 weeks is probably going to be as good as it gets.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: What a nice day for Golf..   What a nice day for Golf.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:04 am

With the monsoon finally over, fairways are drying up which means two things.

No more plugging on the fairways.

It's time to hit some long drives! Watch that ball run.

Managed to play 4 rounds last week. Lets see how many rounds I can manage this week.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: What a nice day for Golf..   What a nice day for Golf.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:14 am

"Managed to play 4 rounds last week. Lets see how many rounds I can manage this week."

4 rounds a week. My gosh! I wished, hoped and prayed and I got 2 rounds per week. Did that last Sat with old friends (I am the baby of the group at 56+ as the other 3 are above 60) at Orchard and again yesterday at Poresia. Hope to be able to golf more in future, if body permits. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: What a nice day for Golf..   What a nice day for Golf.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:35 am

TDO wrote:
"Managed to play 4 rounds last week. Lets see how many rounds I can manage this week."

4 rounds a week. My gosh! I wished, hoped and prayed and I got 2 rounds per week. Did that last Sat with old friends (I am the baby of the group at 56+ as the other 3 are above 60) at Orchard and again yesterday at Poresia. Hope to be able to golf more in future, if body permits. Smile

I know the feeling, we all wish we could play more.

I find for me it's important that I keep the body well hydrated throughout, and I keep the energy level up with regular snacks of complex carb (not simple sugar, which makes me crash). In those 4 rounds, two of them were on the same day, with zero sleep the night before (too much chinese tea at dinner and missed my bedtime.) So I made sure I stocked up the buggy well, snacks, water, starbucks coffee, the works! cheers

And esp now that the weather is HOT HOT HOT, don't forget your sunscreen and PLENTY of water. I brought 3 big bottles of mineral water to my game last saturday, which got plenty of laughs. But at the last hole, I was having the last laugh as one after another collapsed, the 1 bottle guys, while I was ready for another round.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: What a nice day for Golf..   What a nice day for Golf.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:54 am

I always have a 1.5l 100plus plus another 500ml plain water with me during the game. But 100plus seems to make me more thirsty as I thought it was supposed to replenish the salt lost through perspiration. I wonder why. Question
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What a nice day for Golf..   What a nice day for Golf.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:45 pm

Wah.. the weather only got better after I got seconded to the office.. No more golf liaos for next 1 mth plus and counting... only range time for me....

Tick tock tick tock.................. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: What a nice day for Golf..   What a nice day for Golf.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Nice weather, but stuck in ofice lei... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lam Kelvin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Lam Kelvin

PostSubject: Re: What a nice day for Golf..   What a nice day for Golf.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:16 pm

simoner wrote:
Nice weather, but stuck in ofice lei... Rolling Eyes

Ya lol, that's y I say hate those going golf today.. Hehe..
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: What a nice day for Golf..   What a nice day for Golf.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Begbie wrote:
Wah.. the weather only got better after I got seconded to the office.. No more golf liaos for next 1 mth plus and counting... only range time for me....

Bro, remember we are suppose to have a game before the CNY? How about next week between Wed to Fri?
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What a nice day for Golf..   What a nice day for Golf.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:57 pm

TDO wrote:
Begbie wrote:

Bro, remember we are suppose to have a game before the CNY? How about next week between Wed to Fri?

Work has called on for me. No more golf on weekdays.. weekends now also depend on wife if she got no plans.. in the meantime I am range hero.. only after I finish my training I can start playing again.. got 5 more weeks to go.tick tock... Lol
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: What a nice day for Golf..   What a nice day for Golf.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Begbie wrote:
TDO wrote:
Begbie wrote:

Work has called on for me. No more golf on weekdays.. weekends now also depend on wife if she got no plans.. in the meantime I am range hero.. only after I finish my training I can start playing again.. got 5 more weeks to go.tick tock... Lol
Ok bro. I'll be waiting for the clock to chime. Meanwhile, Happy Working! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a nice day for Golf..   What a nice day for Golf.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What a nice day for Golf..
Page 1 of 1