Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting

Go down 
+143
billcoke
babolat
A.A.A.A.A.A.
neilson
Slacker
vinjess
Alv1ngoh
swingandstroke
newbiegolfie
daveteh
Nwahs
stephtang23
niwde82
ultraman
kinglc
bomby
golferx
jetster
Gymrat76
Noriki
bellevue18
xlr871
Tigercrab
MrMisty
enwee
pisonic
rla
hkhamateur
Stevenkoh81
jason.koh.54966
GolfMad62
unfinished
paul@golf
gregchinann
NewBie_SS
michaelcheah
ken23
Acemangill
amar05
milos9680
Tiger Wu
simon1982
r3iz
WY
d1g
WILL33
r2d2
rayeonsg
scottycollector
bryanachong
lesterngoh
DGman
lionwoods
Iron Ballz
Gray
h0ok_fighter
siaokao
zixter
snowdude
Champion
CG88
Pizzaman
Sammer
Bear
ljlow
henrychiahb
chinchiachun
samT
jimmychoo
rsenal
mr joe
bullrun
golfbuzz
catdforever
dmateo
getsurin
lovemiki
jocoolseah
hoppie
piero
renode
scholes25
JynxControl
Begbie
pocketace
kian
yuki
watermyforrest
nientsu
Technospaz
quinike
tohkh
Tituman
morganoh
Cornball
ringrain_78
simoner
damong
israel73
Steffan
uncleteh
CoastGuy
nutty88
gtwagon9191
Yarra
iron eagle
FIdO
mizzy
blee67
zhenxua
Roystonnn
alucard
Bizzy
guanoe
hillgreen
viper311208
asahi
golfool2009
jay_ngoh
yappy48
ThomasTan
tronos
TObe
babusk
TITW
ditt
alangolf
golf_snowman
birthstone
Winston
S70B
botak
eden
Salty Dog
ping golfer
mengteck71
rangereye
maryet
joshcct
4dtoto
eiji
Duval_S
pushslice
147 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:20 pm

ping golfer wrote:
dear ping owners, I always wanted to buy Ping shirt (following up on alangolf's comment), maybe we could get together for a bulk purchase?

I'm in. Buy online from US and then use VPOST?
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:45 pm

i actually want the ping tower, ping cap as well as the shirt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
ditt
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ditt

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 8:17 am

TITW wrote:
agree... Ditt has a nice collection...

Thanks to all for your kind comments. The driver thats being used in my avatar is also a G10 w/ Rombax 4X06 pink shaft. The thing about golf stuff is it's never ending, I buy and sell clubs all the time but the PING stuff, I buy and never sell. I don't know why. It just seems at the end of the day, when all else fails, PING still delivers. I love my PING stuff. I'm hoping more members that are PING fans could get together and do a PING golf outing. We could write to the distributors and see if they're interested to sponsor some stuff. LOL.

Dan
Back to top Go down
babusk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
babusk

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:18 am

Dear Ping Evangelists,

Sorry Iam late to the Ping party. Currently iam a proud owner of the old PingEye2 Becu irons. Suggestions from Pushslice, Eiji, Ditt are very good and i echo similar sentiments too. I love my PING stuff too (whatever little i have currently) We should approach retailers and distributors collectively for ping equipment and paraphernalia. Going forward, i will require your ping mentorship while upgrading.

best regds,
Babusk

1. PushSlice: G10 Driver 10.5 deg, Ping Tour-W 56/10, Ping Karsten Anser. Dreaming of S57 or S58 next

2. Duval_s: Ping Tour MB Wedge 56 and Ping Anser-X.......not dreaming anymore....coz WIWIWIG

3. eiji: G15 10.5* driver(Aldila Serrano S flex), G15 20* hybrid (Ping TFC R flex

4. 4dtoto: G10 driver 9 deg (Proto K 70X ), G10 3wd, 5wd ( Grama shalf), S57 4-PW ( KBS Tour ), Ping white Golf Bag 9.5, Ping Visor (various colour ), Ping Boston Bag, Ping shoe bags ( white & Black). Thinking of selling the S57.

5. maryet: G15 driver 12 degrees (stock shaft - regular); G10 irons (3-P); Ping outlander bag (white).

6. rangereye: i5 irons (5-P), Ping Tour W wedge 54*, Ping iWi putter..

7. ping golfer: G10 irons (5-P AWT shaft), G10 3 & 4 hybrids (Grafalloy PL red), Ping Tour 52* and MB 56*, Ping Karsten Piper H putter

8. alangolf: G15 driver 10.5*, G10 5-7, I10 8-U, Ping tour 54*/58*

9. Ditt: G15 w/ Diamana Ilima, G10 w/ Bassara Griffin, G10 w/ Graphite Design Quattrotech, G10 5-wood, G15 hybrid, i15 (4 to PW) w/ AWT, ISI-S (3 to Lob) w/ ZZ65, ISI-S (3 to S2) w NS-Pro, Eye2 + (3 to SW) w/ NS-Pro, Tour-W wedges 52*/ 54*/ 56* with KBS wedge shafts, Karsten Craz-E putter, IWI B60 putter, Hoofer , Hoofer 2 from Olympic Club, Hoofer Vantage, Lattitude, Hoofer C1, J-spec LT8.5J caddy bag. A bunch of 702 and ID8 grips and the other knick knacks that don't deserve mention.

10. G15 driver 9* w/ TFC S shaft, G10 driver 10.5* w/ Proforce V2 R shaft, IST 5-iron w/ TI shaft, Ping putters Anser, Craz-E and B60. Others include Hoofer bag, towel, toiletries bag, Pingman and Etched putter grips

11. Babusk: Ping eye2 becu irons (3-pw, lw). Very happy fixing my game with this. Very forgiving and stabilising to my game.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 am

cheers Yahoooo...more and more liao.. 3 flights loh...

ditt...You are the real Ping man or lady...hehehehe...

Heard the apparels from Ping is quite Ex and that's why the retailers dun bring in the Ping stuffs..haiz...

One hook onto Ping, there is no looking back...since it is quite "limited" and Ping dun change the model so fast...heng arr...
Back to top Go down
ditt
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ditt

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:25 am

4dtoto wrote:
cheers Yahoooo...more and more liao.. 3 flights loh...

ditt...You are the real Ping man or lady...hehehehe...

Heard the apparels from Ping is quite Ex and that's why the retailers dun bring in the Ping stuffs..haiz...

One hook onto Ping, there is no looking back...since it is quite "limited" and Ping dun change the model so fast...heng arr...

I agree that PING stuff seems to be less trendy and not so flashy at times but somehow, they manage to keep up to date with technology without being too tech-y or looking like they tried too hard. It's like buying a few classic pairs of shoes or clothing that never goes out of style. Every new generation of PING clubs it gets a bit better. If you bought into the EYE 2's you'll still get plenty of respect for it and if you bought into the i15's when they were launched a while back, you'll also hear good things about them.

The quality of PING stand bags though, has suffered through the years and I wish they would do something about it, but compared to current market offerings, I think they still hold up pretty well.

Dan

PS I am a PING guy and the lady in the avatar is also quite a PING person. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 pm

1. PushSlice: G10 Driver 10.5 deg, Ping Tour-W 56/10, Ping Karsten Anser. Dreaming of S57 or S58 next

2. Duval_s: Ping Tour MB Wedge 56 and Ping Anser-X.......not dreaming anymore....coz WIWIWIG

3. eiji: G15 10.5* driver(Aldila Serrano S flex), G15 20* hybrid (Ping TFC R flex

4. 4dtoto: G10 driver 9 deg (Proto K 70X ), G10 3wd, 5wd ( Grama shalf), S57 4-PW ( KBS Tour ), Ping white Golf Bag 9.5, Ping Visor (various colour ), Ping Boston Bag, Ping shoe bags ( white & Black). Thinking of selling the S57.

5. maryet: G15 driver 12 degrees (stock shaft - regular); G10 irons (3-P); Ping outlander bag (white).

6. rangereye: i5 irons (5-P), Ping Tour W wedge 54*, Ping iWi putter..

7. ping golfer: G10 irons (5-P AWT shaft), G10 3 & 4 hybrids (Grafalloy PL red), Ping Tour 52* and MB 56*, Ping Karsten Piper H putter

8. alangolf: G15 driver 10.5*, G10 5-7, I10 8-U, Ping tour 54*/58*

9. Ditt: G15 w/ Diamana Ilima, G10 w/ Bassara Griffin, G10 w/ Graphite Design Quattrotech, G10 5-wood, G15 hybrid, i15 (4 to PW) w/ AWT, ISI-S (3 to Lob) w/ ZZ65, ISI-S (3 to S2) w NS-Pro, Eye2 + (3 to SW) w/ NS-Pro, Tour-W wedges 52*/ 54*/ 56* with KBS wedge shafts, Karsten Craz-E putter, IWI B60 putter, Hoofer , Hoofer 2 from Olympic Club, Hoofer Vantage, Lattitude, Hoofer C1, J-spec LT8.5J caddy bag. A bunch of 702 and ID8 grips and the other knick knacks that don't deserve mention.

10. G15 driver 9* w/ TFC S shaft, G10 driver 10.5* w/ Proforce V2 R shaft, IST 5-iron w/ TI shaft, Ping putters Anser, Craz-E and B60. Others include Hoofer bag, towel, toiletries bag, Pingman and Etched putter grips

11. Babusk: Ping eye2 becu irons (3-pw, lw). Very happy fixing my game with this. Very forgiving and stabilising to my game.

12. Winston : PING G15 20* H
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 2:22 pm

Winston..buy the matching iron set, very nice and easy kekeke Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TObe

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi Guys,

not sure where to start this topic but have any of you guys checked out the new Ping Anser 2010 IRONS???!!

For one, they look really sweet (http://www.mygolfspy.com/ping-anser-irons-2010/) and I heard the review from someone who did try it... He's dying due to an internal struggle on whether to ditch his Mizuno blades (MP67 I think) for this sweet set.

Perhaps this thread's members are gonna boom with the launch of these FORGED irons... heh. lookinf forward to hear some comments... thx!

(from an ex-PING user as a beginner - EYE2 irons)
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 3:48 pm

The feel is there for the Anser, you can try it at the TPY range..
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 3:54 pm

tried the Anser....LOL no difference for a beginner like me:)

surprisingly like the feel of the i15 more than the g15 but that hitting on the mat only. Feels more solid on well struck shots and can tell the difference on poorer shots. The g15 on the other hand feels almost the same for every shot good or bad). The feeling wayy better than my Callaway BB08

measure to need a more upright setup..... now thinking of buying a cheap 'more forgiving' forged set to adjust, Ping to expensive...unless my cast set can be adjusted (need blue dot)
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:06 pm

pushslice wrote:
Winston..buy the matching iron set, very nice and easy kekeke Twisted Evil

hehehehee...i also want to buy....but no $$$$$.....

Decided to invest in the Cobra S2 set you saw me play that day....

How was your game on Sunday???
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Tronos..I kinda know how you feel. I went to GH the other day and tried G15, i15, S57 and the Anser. Didnt have launch monitor so feedback was based on feel only. Very surprised to conclude that I like i15 the most of the lot. I15 has dethroned S57 in my mind.
Back to top Go down
ditt
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ditt

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:40 pm

For those that are sitting on the fence between the S57 and the i15, do give the Anser Forged a hit. Coming from lots of Ping sets, I find them, AWESOME! Not to knock on all the other great Ping irons, but this set.. It was a a big WOW for me. Everything the i15 is with just that right amount of sweet, forged feel. I'm gonna order a set next month.

Dan
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Anser....I money not enough....It is a fantastic sets. I can only afford i15 and still trying to adjust to it. But the long irons are easy to hit..
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:47 pm

looking at the number of tour players playing G15 irons, now so tempted to change.....
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:52 pm

I tot tehy are using i15 iron and G15 driver ??
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:01 pm

KJ Choi using G15 irons

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2010/04/kj-choi-golf-equipment-2010-masters.html
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:14 pm

mmmm...interesting...I know Lee Westwood still using i10 irons..
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:41 pm

So, is the Anser retailing in SGP already? How much is it in SGD, BTW? Sorry, too busy to goto shopping centres nowadays..

Also, u r rite, tried the i10, G15 and i15... i15 the best of the lot. Was that close to going to buy i15.. (the spread was more consistent than my previous MP52), but bought another brand in the end (Of course much better than all I'd ever tried).

Dunno abt Anser, anyway too late to try...

pushslice wrote:
Tronos..I kinda know how you feel. I went to GH the other day and tried G15, i15, S57 and the Anser. Didnt have launch monitor so feedback was based on feel only. Very surprised to conclude that I like i15 the most of the lot. I15 has dethroned S57 in my mind.
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi Tronos

Wat u think may not be entirely true..

Was playing with mp52 (wonderful forged iron, Golfdigest 2009 Hotlist Players Club) and then when I was testing the i15, I was surprised by the dampening effect of the i15 .. felt good even though for off-centre hits (for MP52, the feeling is a bit hollow). Even for off-centre hits, the ball still tend want to go straight. If I had to choose betw those two all over again, I'd wld have opted for i15 for it's ability to fly straighter. But that's me, of course.

But having said that, my current set is forged and the clubs are damn nice & easy to hit. So, there's truth in what u r saying as well Smile

My 2 cents worth ... thanks for reading

tronos wrote:
tried the Anser....LOL no difference for a beginner like me:)

surprisingly like the feel of the i15 more than the g15 but that hitting on the mat only. Feels more solid on well struck shots and can tell the difference on poorer shots. The g15 on the other hand feels almost the same for every shot good or bad). The feeling wayy better than my Callaway BB08

measure to need a more upright setup..... now thinking of buying a cheap 'more forgiving' forged set to adjust, Ping to expensive...unless my cast set can be adjusted (need blue dot)
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:13 pm

ditt wrote:
For those that are sitting on the fence between the S57 and the i15, do give the Anser Forged a hit. Coming from lots of Ping sets, I find them, AWESOME! Not to knock on all the other great Ping irons, but this set.. It was a a big WOW for me. Everything the i15 is with just that right amount of sweet, forged feel. I'm gonna order a set next month.

Dan

dan, confirm you're our thread's poster boys (or tandem strikers) with 4dtoto. another ping purchase to your collection..wow!

Bro Winston..my Sunday game was so overall. Driver Ok (had a couple long, straight drives), Irons really bad, GIR bad, lost 3 balls into jungle/water but short game and putting good! Didnt have any 3 putts at all, and my pitches/chips are starting to look good (Thanks to lesson with Justin Han). I just wasted too many strokes in the middle!
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Fyi, KJ Choi, out-of-contract with Nike, played with the G15 irons at the Masters. Imaging, a pro playing with GI irons. Speaks much abt the quality of Ping's clubs.

See:
http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/kj_choi/
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:46 pm

There's a thread in GolfWRX about how some low handicappers are switching to SGI irons and loving it, KJ Choi was also brought up in this topic about a tour player not being sponsored choosing to use G15 and performing pretty well on tour this year.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/343089-my-honeymoon-with-sgis/
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:07 pm

mmmm.. interesting thread...maybe shud put aside egoistic and give the G15 a try, ultimately, it is the score at the end of 18 holes that count.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting
Page 4 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next