Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting

Go down 
+143
billcoke
babolat
A.A.A.A.A.A.
neilson
Slacker
vinjess
Alv1ngoh
swingandstroke
newbiegolfie
daveteh
Nwahs
stephtang23
niwde82
ultraman
kinglc
bomby
golferx
jetster
Gymrat76
Noriki
bellevue18
xlr871
Tigercrab
MrMisty
enwee
pisonic
rla
hkhamateur
Stevenkoh81
jason.koh.54966
GolfMad62
unfinished
paul@golf
gregchinann
NewBie_SS
michaelcheah
ken23
Acemangill
amar05
milos9680
Tiger Wu
simon1982
r3iz
WY
d1g
WILL33
r2d2
rayeonsg
scottycollector
bryanachong
lesterngoh
DGman
lionwoods
Iron Ballz
Gray
h0ok_fighter
siaokao
zixter
snowdude
Champion
CG88
Pizzaman
Sammer
Bear
ljlow
henrychiahb
chinchiachun
samT
jimmychoo
rsenal
mr joe
bullrun
golfbuzz
catdforever
dmateo
getsurin
lovemiki
jocoolseah
hoppie
piero
renode
scholes25
JynxControl
Begbie
pocketace
kian
yuki
watermyforrest
nientsu
Technospaz
quinike
tohkh
Tituman
morganoh
Cornball
ringrain_78
simoner
damong
israel73
Steffan
uncleteh
CoastGuy
nutty88
gtwagon9191
Yarra
iron eagle
FIdO
mizzy
blee67
zhenxua
Roystonnn
alucard
Bizzy
guanoe
hillgreen
viper311208
asahi
golfool2009
jay_ngoh
yappy48
ThomasTan
tronos
TObe
babusk
TITW
ditt
alangolf
golf_snowman
birthstone
Winston
S70B
botak
eden
Salty Dog
ping golfer
mengteck71
rangereye
maryet
joshcct
4dtoto
eiji
Duval_S
pushslice
147 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:22 pm

pushslice wrote:
Bro Winston..my Sunday game was so overall. Driver Ok (had a couple long, straight drives), Irons really bad, GIR bad, lost 3 balls into jungle/water but short game and putting good! Didnt have any 3 putts at all, and my pitches/chips are starting to look good (Thanks to lesson with Justin Han). I just wasted too many strokes in the middle!

Thats good know that you ahve achieved your goal with Justin. Hope you can improve more. AS for me, its back to the drawing board again. Trying very hard break the outside-in swing...haiz...

Oh yeah, My coach saw me using the G15 H, looked at it and immediatly told me have to hit it like a traditional FW wood. which surprisingly is true. I use to hit all my hrbrids like iron and now I have to use a different swing to use the G15. getting confused.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:17 pm

To all my bros and sistas in the Ping community.......today , I am very berry sad to announce that I will be officially retiring my Anser-X putter.....(weep weep .....!!!! ).

After trying for weeks on putting mat....cannot make it.....I think I must have used up all the good putts of this beloved putter of mine liao......no more left....(weep weep).

So just like a good race horse, I will retire it so that it can enjoy the remaining of its golden years...

PS: Looking and staring at Craz-E nowadays........heheheheh
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:57 am

Why retire ??? Maybe it needs a new rider ...hehehe Wink
Back to top Go down
ThomasTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi all,

Have only been playing for about 1 year and with mostly second-hand clubs (Taylormade, Maruman, Wilson, Yamaha, Ping i5 and Bridgestone). Sold off the entire lot and invested in a new set.

Recently changed the entire set of clubs (bar the scotty putter) to the Ping i15 irons. WITB now looks like this (and loving the feel and performance).

PING i15 irons : White DOT (with Yellow Grip) : 4 to PW (with AWT-S shaft)
PING G15 Fairway 5 Wood : With Yellow Grip and stock S shaft
PING Rapture V2 with Diamana S shaft : Yellow Grip
Callaway X-forged wedges : at 52*, 56* and 60* (looking at changing these to the PING Tour series - and sellers letting go?)
Cobra Baffler TWS 4 Hybrid with Adilla S shaft (love this club and gives me more distance than the normal 4 iron)
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 putter
Bridgestone e6+ balls
Nike Tour Cart Bag

The Rapture Driver is the real eye opener : Never tried it but fitter recommended it profusely so, just listened to him and bought it. Honestly the best I have used : It gives me about 250m and straight!!!

With the change to the new PING set-up, the average scores have come down quite a bit (Range of low to mid 80's : I play off a HCP of 15.2)

Can proudly say that I am now part of the PING brigade.

Thanks for reading.
Thomas
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:12 pm

CLAP .....(x 10).....I am not worthy!!!!!!!

LET me be the first to congratulate you for such amazing set of equipment...which thoroughly reflect the enthusiasm of the golfer behind the equipment.

These are equipments which I can only dream of.....
Back to top Go down
ThomasTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:24 pm

Please Duval S!!! You are worthy of it.

Its just that I find the sport intriguing and challenging - its both physically and mentally. I try to play at least once every week.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:20 am

welcome welcome Thomas! Congrats on the purchase....white dot, how tall are you bro? 6 feet 4? Can u dunk? Very Happy

I tried finding Tour W from the forum, tough...either people dont generally carry it or they wont let go of it. Ended up just bought brand new. There is a 47 deg on sale at Joe's.
Back to top Go down
ThomasTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys and gals!!!

Yes, I am 6ft 3in to be exact, hence the white dot.

The PW for i15 is already 46*, thats why am looking at the GW at around 50* or 52*, with my inclination towards the 52*, and the SW at 56* and the LW at 60*.

May just have to head down to GH to purchase the wedges.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:26 pm

an alternative would be buying straight from US. Do you need a slightly slonger shaft? I bought brand new from golfsmith for US$109. At no extra charge, you can custom order the lie/shaft length or type (if you prefer ZZ65), grip size & type. Ping will customize/make the delivery.

Vpost shipping cost for 3 wedges should be about S$40. If you buy 2, you wont pay GST. Buying 3 at once will raise GST.
Back to top Go down
ditt
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ditt

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:30 pm

ThomasTan wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys and gals!!!

Yes, I am 6ft 3in to be exact, hence the white dot.

The PW for i15 is already 46*, thats why am looking at the GW at around 50* or 52*, with my inclination towards the 52*, and the SW at 56* and the LW at 60*.

May just have to head down to GH to purchase the wedges.

Since you sound like you're going with a 3 wedge set up, you could also order the i15 Gap wedge if you dun use your gap wedge for partial shots. The i15 Gap wedge or "U" wedge just became available this month. If you're ordering from the US, TGW carries it. Let me know if you like the idea but can't find it, I'll try to point you to it.

The rest of the wedhes, you could go Tour-W. Or better yet, have the PING WRX department put on a custom grind for you? Look at the Ping website for all the various grind options. It's pretty cool.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:21 pm

I am using the MB wedge (SW).....super....I like the grip, I like the weight of the club face, I like the shaft, I like the look of the it

In other words,,,,,, I just like all of it.
Back to top Go down
ThomasTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:45 pm

Dear all,

Thanks for all the heads up. Will try Golfsmith and get them to ship here with the 52* and 56*. Played today at RCC - Palm Course and came back with an 80!!! 3 birdies on 3 of the Par 5's. Par 4's are the killer there!!!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:54 pm

There's no way youre still a 15 now bro..
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:57 pm

super talented! wish i was anywhere that good. no time for weekly games yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
ThomasTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:11 pm

Yup, I know that there is no way to be a 15.2 now!!!! Sad

Next handicap renewal, I think I will faint!!!!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Wah!!!! Play one year and now going to be lower than 15.2 HC......just one word....TALENT !!!!
Back to top Go down
ThomasTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:28 pm

No lah!!!! Just keep on playing and get the feel of the game. There are bad days too!!!! Just move on and keep on playing (not johnny walker!!!).
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:10 am

Tried the Ping Anser putter this evening....oohhh...so nice.....oh so sweet....Felt much better than the Nike Method....

However, the ping seems to be very light compared to my Nike unitized leo
Back to top Go down
yappy48
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:54 am

I have tested out the latest ping anser forged iron on the range n have to gip them 2 thumbs up .. and i may have to cold storage my ping s58 :X
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:52 pm

hi yappy, what color dot is your s58? How would you compare its playability with S57 or I15?
Back to top Go down
yappy48
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 2:02 pm

i got it as black dot (pre loved) but i bend it (with the assistance of the pro) to green dot Smile

I would reckon the following:

S57 - a mere upgrade from s58 with some weight added
i15 - sorry yet to try it out Embarassed

I suggest you go try Ping Anser Forged iron whereby the size of it is between g15 n S57.
Back to top Go down
jay_ngoh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:08 am

by the way, which pro shop sell g15 iron set the cheapest? have try it out at Bishan and thought of changing from my TM 09 burner to Ping G15.

Any advise?
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:07 pm

hi, i'm copying over my post as it seems more fitting here........

bros, i suppressed the ego and went to custom golf at bishan (just returned) and bot the ping G15 driver 10.5 degrees of loft, regular flex, TFC300D shaft, 45.75" in length....consistently giving me 15-20m extra and the dispersion was very tight....now i can thread the dreaded bunkers at marina and the tight fairways on keppel as i will now know exactly where the ball is headed......

also tried hitting the ping S57, G15 and rapture irons (7 iron only)....S57 made no difference due to the heavy shaft which is similar to the dynamic golds on my callaway x-tours....G15 was 10m longer and the rapture was 20m longer....incredibly tempting..but have to put it on hold given that i already splurged on the diablo 3 wood about a month back and now the G15 driver.....

i highly recommend going for custom fitting be it at custom golf at bishan or anywhere there is a launch monitor etc...for example, i felt that i was hitting my x-tours well but the computer showed differently......

can't wait for my next round..!!!!!!! woooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:10 pm

Congrats on your gem bro! Next round this Fri , GR game perhaps?
Back to top Go down
viper311208
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
viper311208

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:41 am

golfool2009 wrote:
hi, i'm copying over my post as it seems more fitting here........

bros, i suppressed the ego and went to custom golf at bishan (just returned) and bot the ping G15 driver 10.5 degrees of loft, regular flex, TFC300D shaft, 45.75" in length....consistently giving me 15-20m extra and the dispersion was very tight....now i can thread the dreaded bunkers at marina and the tight fairways on keppel as i will now know exactly where the ball is headed......

also tried hitting the ping S57, G15 and rapture irons (7 iron only)....S57 made no difference due to the heavy shaft which is similar to the dynamic golds on my callaway x-tours....G15 was 10m longer and the rapture was 20m longer....incredibly tempting..but have to put it on hold given that i already splurged on the diablo 3 wood about a month back and now the G15 driver.....

i highly recommend going for custom fitting be it at custom golf at bishan or anywhere there is a launch monitor etc...for example, i felt that i was hitting my x-tours well but the computer showed differently......

can't wait for my next round..!!!!!!! woooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!1

Bro, how much you paid for the G15 driver ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting
Page 5 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next