Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting

Go down 
+143
billcoke
babolat
A.A.A.A.A.A.
neilson
Slacker
vinjess
Alv1ngoh
swingandstroke
newbiegolfie
daveteh
Nwahs
stephtang23
niwde82
ultraman
kinglc
bomby
golferx
jetster
Gymrat76
Noriki
bellevue18
xlr871
Tigercrab
MrMisty
enwee
pisonic
rla
hkhamateur
Stevenkoh81
jason.koh.54966
GolfMad62
unfinished
paul@golf
gregchinann
NewBie_SS
michaelcheah
ken23
Acemangill
amar05
milos9680
Tiger Wu
simon1982
r3iz
WY
d1g
WILL33
r2d2
rayeonsg
scottycollector
bryanachong
lesterngoh
DGman
lionwoods
Iron Ballz
Gray
h0ok_fighter
siaokao
zixter
snowdude
Champion
CG88
Pizzaman
Sammer
Bear
ljlow
henrychiahb
chinchiachun
samT
jimmychoo
rsenal
mr joe
bullrun
golfbuzz
catdforever
dmateo
getsurin
lovemiki
jocoolseah
hoppie
piero
renode
scholes25
JynxControl
Begbie
pocketace
kian
yuki
watermyforrest
nientsu
Technospaz
quinike
tohkh
Tituman
morganoh
Cornball
ringrain_78
simoner
damong
israel73
Steffan
uncleteh
CoastGuy
nutty88
gtwagon9191
Yarra
iron eagle
FIdO
mizzy
blee67
zhenxua
Roystonnn
alucard
Bizzy
guanoe
hillgreen
viper311208
asahi
golfool2009
jay_ngoh
yappy48
ThomasTan
tronos
TObe
babusk
TITW
ditt
alangolf
golf_snowman
birthstone
Winston
S70B
botak
eden
Salty Dog
ping golfer
mengteck71
rangereye
maryet
joshcct
4dtoto
eiji
Duval_S
pushslice
147 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Nice and Shiny back in Sg.

Bro, my Mizunos are 5 mths old and they look like they have been used for years.

Time for new stuff.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:55 pm

ya...wack the bugger..
Back to top Go down
ping golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 pm

4dtoto wrote:
Aiyah...

The price of the Anser fm 4 - P shud be abt USD1450..

Hi 4dtoto, the price of the Anser, 5 - PW is about S$1750 (steel shaft), price quoted from Custom Golf @ Bishan driving range. I HIT IT
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:54 am

Make me drool further.....must remain compose...dun buy on impulse...
Back to top Go down
birthstone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
birthstone

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:14 am

i have been eyeing ping rapture v2 for a long time. and i tried the demo set, it's extremely forgiving. my shot had some bad contacts but the ball flew. i was very impress.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:39 am

S70B: what kind of fitting program is available stateside for Callaway, TM and Ceveland?

I wonder why Cally, TM and Cleveland dont have fitting program (or fitters) here in Asia. If lie fitting is so important in irons, how do they get the most of their irons (mostly cast, and just one lie model) fit the customers? Is lie fitting really that important? or it is only relevant to good players?

Is there a "sweet spot" lie angle that most of us will be suitable to, give or take, a half degree? Why are there so many happy owners of X-20s, CG7s, and Burner irons..despite no fitting (or bending) of their clubs?

on the other hand, Ping is so bent on lie fitting with their color codes etc.. Razz
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:42 am

i just had my lie adjusted for my irons recently because my coach showed me on video what i was doing and why the resulting ball flight. with the wrong lie angle, u are not rewarded when you make a good swing, in my case when i make a good swing, because the club was too upright, i was pulling or drawing my shots and because of that i had the tendency to block my shots a little to get it straight. there in lies all my problems, i was getting very inconsistent results with wide dispersion, with a club with proper lie, at least i know when i am swinging in on the rails and in plane the ball flight should be straight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:45 am

pushslice wrote:
S70B: what kind of fitting program is available stateside for Callaway, TM and Ceveland?

I wonder why Cally, TM and Cleveland dont have fitting program (or fitters) here in Asia. If lie fitting is so important in irons, how do they get the most of their irons (mostly cast, and just one lie model) fit the customers? Is lie fitting really that important? or it is only relevant to good players?

Is there a "sweet spot" lie angle that most of us will be suitable to, give or take, a half degree? Why are there so many happy owners of X-20s, CG7s, and Burner irons..despite no fitting (or bending) of their clubs?

on the other hand, Ping is so bent on lie fitting with their color codes etc.. Razz

I tot Cally have a fitter who is at Pan West and TM fitter is at their Cathay Shop ??
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:06 am

is it the Pan West guy that used to be on Parkland range?

What kind of fitting options are available for TM at Cathay? They have an online fitting tool and its site mentions about custom shafts.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:17 am

Not too sure about the TM. But there is a indoor net room at the Cathay store, shud be the same liek in Golf House Marina... As for the Cally, it is a Eurasian guy, can't remember his name, he used to have a trolley moving around the ranges for demo and fitting using computer and also the actual flight. Think he is located at the Jln Pemimpin place..
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:23 am

pushslice wrote:

Callaway Performance Centers

Taylormade Performance Labs

Titleist Tour Fitting

Titleist will offer the most extensive form of fitting at their Oceanside TPI with an outdoor range and Trackman.

These services by OEMs are not avail back in Sg.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:35 am

S70B wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Callaway Performance Centers

Taylormade Performance Labs

Titleist Tour Fitting

Titleist will offer the most extensive form of fitting at their Oceanside TPI with an outdoor range and Trackman.

These services by OEMs are not avail back in Sg.

hi bro,

have you got the X-proto ?
saw it online....very nice !!

snowman
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Apologies,

I take back what I say about there are no such services by OEMs as I think Rick Brown of Titleist can offer some options of places for clubfitting with a Trackman.

As for the X-Protos, I have them on order now. The new-groove version are on back-order till end of June here.

Fitting session is supposed to be scheduled in the middle of next mth. Watch this forum... Wink
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:38 pm

was hoping you bought the pings, to bring buzz in GR coz your stature in the forum Very Happy We are an endangered species, last count only 10-11 golfers on this thread? No
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:45 pm

pushslice wrote:
was hoping you bought the pings, to bring buzz in GR coz your stature in the forum Very Happy We are an endangered species, last count only 10-11 golfers on this thread? No

HUH...like that we are going to be extinct soon...
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:59 pm

huh..i was just thinking about G15 irons..then almost complete my bag to be G15
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:31 pm

you are already in the 10-11 golfers..need new blood
Back to top Go down
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 pm

ping golfer wrote:
1. PushSlice: G10 Driver 10.5 deg, Ping Tour-W 56/10, Ping Karsten Anser. Dreaming of S57 or S58 next

2. Duval_s: Ping Tour MB Wedge 56 and Ping Anser-X.......not dreaming anymore....coz WIWIWIG

3. eiji: G15 10.5* driver(Aldila Serrano S flex), G15 20* hybrid (Ping TFC R flex

4. 4dtoto: G10 driver 9 deg (Proto K 70X ), G10 3wd, 5wd ( Grama shalf), S57 4-PW ( KBS Tour ), Ping white Golf Bag 9.5, Ping Visor (various colour ), Ping Boston Bag, Ping shoe bags ( white & Black). Thinking of selling the S57.

5. maryet: G15 driver 12 degrees (stock shaft - regular); G10 irons (3-P); Ping outlander bag (white).

6. rangereye: i5 irons (5-P), Ping Tour W wedge 54*, Ping iWi putter..

7. ping golfer: G10 irons (5-P AWT shaft), G10 3 & 4 hybrids (Grafalloy PL red), Ping Tour 52* and MB 56*, Ping Karsten Piper H putter

8. alangolf: G15 driver 10.5*, G10 5-7, I10 8-U, Ping tour 54*/58*
Ping Golf

Glad to see other ping golfers here. cheers I want to buy their shirt but can't find in sg Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ditt
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ditt

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Glad to see this thread. Apologies if I'm a little late to the party. I'm quite a PING fan.
Ditt: G15 w/ Diamana Ilima, G10 w/ Bassara Griffin, G10 w/ Graphite Design Quattrotech, G10 5-wood, G15 hybrid, i15 (4 to PW) w/ AWT, ISI-S (3 to Lob) w/ ZZ65, ISI-S (3 to S2) w NS-Pro, Eye2 + (3 to SW) w/ NS-Pro, Tour-W wedges 52*/ 54*/ 56* with KBS wedge shafts, Karsten Craz-E putter, IWI B60 putter, Hoofer , Hoofer 2 from Olympic Club, Hoofer Vantage, Lattitude, Hoofer C1, J-spec LT8.5J caddy bag. A bunch of 702 and ID8 grips and the other knick knacks that don't deserve mention.
EDIT to include: M/B wedges 52*/ 56* & 60* and Anser Forged irons w/ KBS Tour 90's arrving soon.

Last edited by ditt on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Yeay for ditt! Quite a collection you have. How did u become such big fan?
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:34 pm

1. PushSlice: G10 Driver 10.5 deg, Ping Tour-W 56/10, Ping Karsten Anser. Dreaming of S57 or S58 next

2. Duval_s: Ping Tour MB Wedge 56 and Ping Anser-X.......not dreaming anymore....coz WIWIWIG

3. eiji: G15 10.5* driver(Aldila Serrano S flex), G15 20* hybrid (Ping TFC R flex

4. 4dtoto: G10 driver 9 deg (Proto K 70X ), G10 3wd, 5wd ( Grama shalf), S57 4-PW ( KBS Tour ), Ping white Golf Bag 9.5, Ping Visor (various colour ), Ping Boston Bag, Ping shoe bags ( white & Black). Thinking of selling the S57.

5. maryet: G15 driver 12 degrees (stock shaft - regular); G10 irons (3-P); Ping outlander bag (white).

6. rangereye: i5 irons (5-P), Ping Tour W wedge 54*, Ping iWi putter..

7. ping golfer: G10 irons (5-P AWT shaft), G10 3 & 4 hybrids (Grafalloy PL red), Ping Tour 52* and MB 56*, Ping Karsten Piper H putter

8. alangolf: G15 driver 10.5*, G10 5-7, I10 8-U, Ping tour 54*/58*

9. Ditt: G15 w/ Diamana Ilima, G10 w/ Bassara Griffin, G10 w/ Graphite Design Quattrotech, G10 5-wood, G15 hybrid, i15 (4 to PW) w/ AWT, ISI-S (3 to Lob) w/ ZZ65, ISI-S (3 to S2) w NS-Pro, Eye2 + (3 to SW) w/ NS-Pro, Tour-W wedges 52*/ 54*/ 56* with KBS wedge shafts, Karsten Craz-E putter, IWI B60 putter, Hoofer , Hoofer 2 from Olympic Club, Hoofer Vantage, Lattitude, Hoofer C1, J-spec LT8.5J caddy bag. A bunch of 702 and ID8 grips and the other knick knacks that don't deserve mention.

10. G15 driver 9* w/ TFC S shaft, G10 driver 10.5* w/ Proforce V2 R shaft, IST 5-iron w/ TI shaft, Ping putters Anser, Craz-E and B60. Others include Hoofer bag, towel, toiletries bag, Pingman and Etched putter grips

Ping Golf

Last edited by TITW on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Ping sponsored? nice collection of Ping
Back to top Go down
ping golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:07 pm

dear ping owners, I always wanted to buy Ping shirt (following up on alangolf's comment), maybe we could get together for a bulk purchase?

Last edited by ping golfer on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:07 pm

agree... Ditt has a nice collection...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next