Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Art of Putting

Go down 
+16
jaketang
mUAr_cHEe
Duval_S
shotah
Ssquirrel
samT
siaw8
ethee
sunny
Lamts18
Technospaz
Khorkar
pratat
DGman
S70B
SIMBA
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SIMBA
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

The Art of Putting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:19 am

Hi guy i believe that some of you have got your hand on the TP MIlls from the DEN. Can you guys kindly share the experience and also do post some pic for us. Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:23 am

LostSoul wrote:
Hi guy i believe that some of you have got your hand on the TP MIlls from the DEN. Can you guys kindly share the experience and also do post some pic for us. Smile

I took a few swings last week. Feels nice. The putter is well-weighted. I didn't buy it cos I now have a SC courtesy of my wife.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:48 am

Technospaz wrote:
LostSoul wrote:

I took a few swings last week. Feels nice. The putter is well-weighted. I didn't buy it cos I now have a SC courtesy of my wife.

Lost soul bro, you never witness the power of it last week at warren meh? hehe....

Anyway, i cannot comment much because for me, putting is all about feel and looks. For me, my preference will be blade putters. As for the feel, the feedback is very good and the release in my opinion is comparable to the pro plat that i was gaming previously. The only thing for me to get use to is the weight of the putter as it is heavier now, so may have to increase the grip size to feel less of the head.

Last edited by shotah on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SIMBA
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:00 am

Wah lau like this lor LOOL
Back to top Go down
SIMBA
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:19 am

shotah wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
LostSoul wrote:

Lost soul bro, you never witness the power of it last week at warren meh? hehe....

Anyway, i cannot comment much because for me, putting is all about feel and looks. For me, my preference will be blade putters. As for the feel, the feedback is very good and the release in my opinion is comparable to the pro plat that i was gaming previously. The only thing for me to get use to is the weight of the putter as it is heavier now, so may have to increase the grip size to feel less of the head.

Any one else care to share? Shota free inpput some pic leh so we can drool LOL
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:36 am

I got a TP Mills from the den simply because it is too pretty to miss... I am personally a very feel person and is especially sensitive to the feels on the head ie. putter head, iron head and etc but not so much on the shaft. To be frank, my opinion is that difference between most of the putter head (having tried sc, bett, tp mills, hiro, zen and others) is not huge. The only putter that left a long lasting impression on me is the zen putter. The roll is really out of the world.

As for how to choose a putter, i think there is a thread to me. But my opinion is that when you chose a putter to game, you must like the look and when you hold it, it must have some chemistry with you. It is similar to choosing a gf/wife, you must feel comfortable with it. Period.
Back to top Go down
SIMBA
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:45 am

Thanks for sharing Siaw8. Care to put some pics Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:57 pm

siaw8 wrote:
Imust like the look and when you hold it, it must have some chemistry with you. It is similar to choosing a gf/wife, you must feel comfortable with it. Period.

Wah.....I must admit that I must be the odd one out....my putter, I see liao, want to vomit, one look I wan to look away, too many dent here and there......BUT the feel and the results so far is way superior than I anticipated.........this must be the love hate relationship of a diff kind i suppose...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:03 pm

coming next week....hopefully i get the other one soon.....

The Art of Putting - Page 3 3696155069_3e02d29511_o
The Art of Putting - Page 3 3696155321_143240b86d_o

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Duval_S wrote:
siaw8 wrote:
Imust like the look and when you hold it, it must have some chemistry with you. It is similar to choosing a gf/wife, you must feel comfortable with it. Period.

Wah.....I must admit that I must be the odd one out....my putter, I see liao, want to vomit, one look I wan to look away, too many dent here and there......BUT the feel and the results so far is way superior than I anticipated.........this must be the love hate relationship of a diff kind i suppose...

My current gamer oso got a lot of dents here and then. But ok mah, when you throw around the green, heart not pain... Laughing
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:56 pm

what if there is a hidden rock?
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:07 pm

then u broke it and got an excuse to change a new one....

isn't tht the reason we keep throwing our clubs ard? to find the excuse? lol.z...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:39 pm

this is the other one....

The Art of Putting - Page 3 3697396083_6df56e7fa5_o

The Art of Putting - Page 3 3698205800_969b4fa77c_o

The Art of Putting - Page 3 3697395017_90f6650fe7_o

The Art of Putting - Page 3 3698204154_5d27737cd5_o

S70B...your idol's duplicate putter...ai mai.....

The Art of Putting - Page 3 3698207810_ae4d41aeba_o

The Art of Putting - Page 3 3698206712_1ffffffc04_o

The Art of Putting - Page 3 3698203858_ec9db8fbb1_o

The Art of Putting - Page 3 3697396315_ac83ababa9_o

both with COA and CT cover.

DGman
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:44 pm

wah lau eh boss...the 009 takes the cake lor!

That one is almost my idol's replica but its a NP n not a NP2. tongue That stamp on the toe face spoils the classiness la. Nevertheless, those cherry bombs sure are tempting! cherry cherry

How muchie?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:46 pm

If there is a vertical 'scotty cameron' stamp on the face I will sell my TV to offset for that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:48 pm

ex..PM you link liao....i am close to conforming the 009 after discussion with KT...all this happened after you left and after i have change all the lie on BO's iron.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:53 pm

Friggin hell mate!

Pity the ugly headcover that comes w it. For such a beauty, it needs something more dignified.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:55 pm

like the chessy 2009 US Open thats sitting in the cabinet?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:57 pm

That one I like leh. Very retro and its reminiscent of a classic P51 Mustang. Scotty Cameron
Back to top Go down
SIMBA
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:12 pm

I very very steam sia looking at those putter
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:23 am

okie...next week we will have another mini party to examine and test the 009...

finally paid and should be here mid week. LS and S70B, bring roast pork and roast duck drumstick.

Technospaz...you coming?

DGman
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:32 am

KNN!!! Super STEAM liao!!!
Back to top Go down
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
G_Man

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:22 am

siaw8 wrote:
KNN!!! Super STEAM liao!!!

Go and buy a few la bro... your cravings will not go away till you get 10k worth of SC putters!!!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:29 am

holy farker moley....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:22 am

DGman wrote:
okie...next week we will have another mini party to examine and test the 009...

finally paid and should be here mid week. LS and S70B, bring roast pork and roast duck drumstick.

Technospaz...you coming?

DGman

Next week can but must be Mon - Wed. Thursday onwards will be in KL. Playing at IOI on Friday.

I can bring food like curry puffs, chicken pies etc Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Art of Putting
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next