Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Art of Putting

Go down 
+16
jaketang
mUAr_cHEe
Duval_S
shotah
Ssquirrel
samT
siaw8
ethee
sunny
Lamts18
Technospaz
Khorkar
pratat
DGman
S70B
SIMBA
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

The Art of Putting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Yeah ! Zen Oracle has brought "i"s putting to new heights ! cheers

He is still waiting patiently for the ZA1 to fit into BFG new white putter cover Wink

cheers,
ethee
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:04 pm

DGman wrote:
once you putt with both, you will know which is a better putter....

DGman

Have tried both.. imo the Zen is much sweeter than the Bett Beer

Boss, whats the status of your new project? i am dreaming of it since the day i tried it.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:09 pm

we have proceeded well with the project...we have the final CAD CAM drawing and will be milling on surgical grade SS 303 forged (not cast). the prototypes will be available at 345 and 355 g head in both PN and SN. with a bit of luck, i hope to get some to try before mid July. we will have a few Asian Tour Pros trying them out as well.

the prototypes will not have any sole finish...just satin brush or polish. the finishing is expected to be bead blast like the ones made by Mickey Parker and i am expecting to get to keep a set of all fours. the rest will be sent to UK, Germany, US and Australia.

you think you are the only one dreaming meh....but to get to work on a project like this with the putter gurus is a dream come through. in my opinion, the RDE (reduce Dimple Error) is such a great development in putter making and not a copy cat like most of today's putter manufacturing.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:53 pm

So happy to hear that your project is proceeding well... hopefully, i dun need to dream too long:) Anyway, i agree with you that the RDE technology is a great development. To be frank, i never quite believe that the RDE makes so much difference to the roll until that day when i tried it side by side with bett. IMO, Bett is a piece of art but when it comes to real putting, u have to give it to the Zen:)

Btw, it will be good if you can have a center shafted model like the Newport 2.6:)
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:00 am

Wah lau, you know how many ppl q-ing for this already or not ah siaw8? Wait in line patiently!
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:03 am

So whats my queue number?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:05 am

Technospaz wrote:
LS - your avatar scared the crap out me!

Ya lor, can tune down ah? Very scary leh.... Later I cannot sleep and have to call you, how?

Back to the topic at hand:

DGman, can elaborate a bit more on RDE concept?
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:07 am

Khorkar,

U can read it from Zen Oracle website.. its very interesting.. at first i thought it just some marketing talk... until i tried it..
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:08 am

BTW, the blade version that DGman has feels better than the mallet version that he is selling...
Back to top Go down
SIMBA
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:35 am

Thats my soul in my advarta. Lost soul ma so any how run here run there end up here LOL
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:58 am

siaw8 wrote:
So happy to hear that your project is proceeding well... hopefully, i dun need to dream too long:) Anyway, i agree with you that the RDE technology is a great development. To be frank, i never quite believe that the RDE makes so much difference to the roll until that day when i tried it side by side with bett. IMO, Bett is a piece of art but when it comes to real putting, u have to give it to the Zen:)

Btw, it will be good if you can have a center shafted model like the Newport 2.6:)

Bro, i have mixed feeling reading your post. Very happy to see you advancing in leaps and bounds, now even into putter technology. On the other hand, kinda of worry for you in terms of invesment lei. Sounds like you had just open another cost avenue. Razz
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Have just finished a round of golf this morning going round with a USD$20 Ping. Although a round of no 3-putts and a couple of solid hole-outs from 8ft, the feel and weight is just not like my Pro Plat NP2 despite the PING being the original design where Mr Cameron got his idea from.

I guess despite 'Scotty Xerox' being criticised for copying ideas from PING, the feel from his OTR putters is still unmatched.

I'm waiting for my Mil-Spec anxiously to be a good back-up while my trusty gamer goes for its SPA treatment. DGMan, hint hint. Wink
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 6:40 pm

SamT....entrepreneur sees opportunity...accountant see cost...

the ping uses a cast steel head while your scooty is made of 303SS. price wise its also different right? so how to compare....

the bolt should be fasten by today and we can do some serious lie adjustment on your Milspecs...maiden lie adjustment and you are first in line.

DGman
Back to top Go down
SIMBA
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:28 pm

S70B wrote:
Have just finished a round of golf this morning going round with a USD$20 Ping. Although a round of no 3-putts and a couple of solid hole-outs from 8ft, the feel and weight is just not like my Pro Plat NP2 despite the PING being the original design where Mr Cameron got his idea from.

I guess despite 'Scotty Xerox' being criticised for copying ideas from PING, the feel from his OTR putters is still unmatched.

I'm waiting for my Mil-Spec anxiously to be a good back-up while my trusty gamer goes for its SPA treatment. DGMan, hint hint. Wink

Bro S70B!!!

Remember 17 July!!!! You Know 17 July!!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:25 pm

DGman wrote:

the ping uses a cast steel head while your scooty is made of 303SS. price wise its also different right? so how to compare....

the bolt should be fasten by today and we can do some serious lie adjustment on your Milspecs...maiden lie adjustment and you are first in line.

DGman

Ya lor, I was trying to be unbiased in my trial to see if a classic putter is as good no matter how much or what it is made of.

Last edited by S70B on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:31 pm

You need to try the BeCu Ansers 8)
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:34 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
You need to try the BeCu Ansers 8)

Now those are rarer. Been looking for a nice used one but no luck.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:38 am

Boss,

Yes, I hope I could see things like an entrepreneur. Then again, I would not be in the civil service if I did and do what I do, wondering about the kind of risks we have to take everyday in our kind of business. Too bad the job had shaped how I see things, what to do...sigh...
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:56 am

one thing that Boss is constantly doing is to make people like you and me happy. And we appreciate him in taking the iniative to make things like this for us. The ROI of such things may be long and this is what his passion for the game has led him to. Some people would just want to reap the profits of such things which in return led to a one club wonder. So if we keep returning to BFG, then Boss is seeing his ROIs. Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:46 pm

oh dear oh dear oh dear.....

the guy who advertised the 350 g SSS Circle T just emailed me....same one like TW except it has the circle T instead of the Cherry Bomb...

close to dealing and close to payout....got to sell my Miki girl liao...

anyone interested????

The Art of Putting - Page 2 3660903081_dd8e9b453d_o

The Art of Putting - Page 2 3660902945_fff79cda54_o

sofa not included....

or buy #2 or #3...

Limited Edition Scotty for Sale

Hurry...T10 sold to **%$##18
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:53 pm

Steady... i will take ur Miki girl Cheers Jump

Btw, u sure Mrs DGman allows u to sell her? Peace
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 am

siaw8 wrote:
Steady... i will take ur Miki girl Cheers Jump

Btw, u sure Mrs DGman allows u to sell her? Peace

first she will kill me for selling miki girl...then she will chopped me into pieces for using the money to buy the circle T instead of the 2ct e grade diamond...

you say leh....

DGman
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:04 am

Then i think u better quickly retract ur Miki Girl for sale message... if u dun want to sleep in the living room tonight Stretcher
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:10 am

cannot upz our own thread doesnt mean you cannot be creative mah...

tio boh...S70B....
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:18 am

Wah loophole!!! S70B... quick close it White Flag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Putting   The Art of Putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Art of Putting
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next