Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bunker Question

Go down 
+8
Cyp_PGA
clarencekim
Tituman
weesern
puteh83
slinger
nientsu
Duval_S
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Nowadays, patronize bunker many times ...than usual....

maybe becos kay-kiang and play fm blue....( as I am a pee-shooter...ie no distance).

Question: When one rakes the bunker...where do we put the rake tool after raking? Is it away fm green, side of bunker, nearest to green etc etc?

Appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks....DS (soon to be 'beach bum')
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:55 pm

As far as i know.....

its anywhere, as long as its out of the bunker after use......
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:03 pm

alamak, are u sure u are DUVAL???
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:17 am

Quote :
slinger wrote:
alamak, are u sure u are DUVAL???

Originally I took this golf name becos I was trying to play like the real Duval ie in the 80s (hahaha)....but nowadays, I think I need to change my nick to 'Beach Bum'
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:22 am

Sorry DS, borrow ur thread for a bunker qn.
If my ball went to bunker filled with water after rain, and ball in in the water. Can i lift it up if it is totally not playable? penalty?
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:58 am

if not wrong is free lift but hv to drop it in bunker
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:08 am

weesern wrote:
if not wrong is free lift but hv to drop it in bunker

You are correct here.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:26 am

if the whole bunker is filled with water....then how??

then again, how u know your ball is in there?? u need to find that ball??!!
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:32 am

i was about to ask that qn...

ball in bunker filled with water...only dry area is big enough for you to stand. Then how?
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:00 pm

that area will be where u drop the ball. u are not required to be in the bunker to play that shot
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:29 am

Some courses require placing rakes inside bunker after use, other allow outside bunker but parallel to course if possible so balls have less chance of being stopped by rake handles.

I do the latter in Asia.

Tines down placement is safer also, especially for metal-headed sharp tipped rakes.

CK
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:34 am

slinger wrote:
if the whole bunker is filled with water....then how??!

thern u got to find the nearest poin from original place u can placce can be rought or behing bunker....
no penalty
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:15 pm

from rules of golf: nearest point of relief must be in the bunker and the ball must be dropped in the bunker or, if complete relief is impossible, as near as possible to the spot where the ball lay, but not nearer the hole, on a part of the course in the bunker that affords maximum available relief from the condition

That means that you cannot drop out of the bunker. If you do you have to take penalty.

Some Q&A that I googled:

Q. May a Committee make a Local Rule allowing a player to drop out of any bunker filled with casual water, without penalty, contrary to Rule 25-1b(ii)?

A. No. The Committee may not make a Local Rule providing generally that flooded bunkers are ground under repair through the green as such a Local Rule waives a penalty imposed by the Rules of Golf, contrary to Rule 33-8b.

Q. If a player's ball lies in a bunker completely covered by casual water, what are his options?
A. The player may play the ball as it lies or:
(1) drop the ball in the bunker without penalty at the nearest point, not nearer the hole, where the depth of the casual water is least — Rule 25-1b(ii)(a); or
(2) drop the ball behind the bunker under penalty of one stroke — Rule 25-1b(ii)(b); or
(3) deem the ball unplayable and proceed in accordance with Rule 28.
However, in conditions of extreme wetness, where certain specific bunkers are completely flooded prior to the competition commencing and there is no reasonable likelihood of the bunkers drying up during the competition, the Committee may, in such exceptional circumstances, introduce a Local Rule providing that specific bunkers, which are known to be flooded prior to the competition commencing, are deemed to be ground under repair and classified as through the green. Therefore relief may be taken outside these bunkers without penalty in accordance with Rule 25-1b(i). In a competition played over more than one round, such a Local Rule may be introduced or rescinded between rounds. (Revised)

Thus if the bunkers is not declared as GUR and through the green, you cannot make your own rule

I could be wrong of cos.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Oh by the way you are not wrong. You are 100% corect wrt water in the bunker even it it's up to the lip!

Regarding rakes: There are no rules, simply suggestions; ie Tines down etc. Some courses advise to place outside bunker, others inside. There's no penalty and no right or wrong.

smrt courses put the rakes on the buggies. Otherwise our ball may come to rest near the rake (inside or outside the bunker) and when you move the rake, the ball moves...OOOPPS, not good!!

Cheers, KT
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:52 pm

beach boy....
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:56 pm

yes?
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:23 am

This water in a bunker question was a popular thread when this place was called Toonshouse.com.

Was it Sunny who answered the question back then also?

The answer sounds familiar.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bunker Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bunker Question   Bunker Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bunker Question
Page 1 of 1