Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ball loss from bunker, replay question

Go down 
+3
poundpuppy
sunny
starchildten
7 posters
AuthorMessage
starchildten
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
starchildten

ball loss from bunker, replay question Empty
PostSubject: ball loss from bunker, replay question   ball loss from bunker, replay question I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi, I have a question to ask about replaying loss ball.

I was playing my second shot from a sand bunker beside the green and it when ballooned up and loss into the brushes. I took a 1 stroke loss ball penalty and drop a ball into the same spot in the sand bunker and replayed my 4th shot.

My mate told me I was wrong and I should have drop the replacement ball near the closest entry point where the ball went into the brushes and take a 1 stroke loss ball penalty within 2 club length.

Is he correct?
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: ball loss from bunker, replay question   ball loss from bunker, replay question I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 12:28 pm

Wrong. Bush is not hazard and no such thing as point of entry. Penalty for lost ball is stroke plus distance. You are right to play from bunker
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
poundpuppy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ball loss from bunker, replay question   ball loss from bunker, replay question I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Actually I think it may depend on whether the "bush" your ball entered was marked with hazard stakes or not. If so, then play it as if your ball entered a hazard.

If no hazard stakes, then I think Sunny is right.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: ball loss from bunker, replay question   ball loss from bunker, replay question I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:26 pm

You are correct if the bushes are not marked by a hazard/OB stake.

27-1. Stroke and Distance; Ball Out of Bounds; Ball Not Found Within Five Minutes
• a. Proceeding Under Stroke and Distance
At any time, a player may, under penalty of one stroke, play a ball as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was last played (see Rule 20-5), i.e., proceed under penalty of stroke and distance.

Except as otherwise provided in the Rules, if a player makes a stroke at a ball from the spot at which the original ball was last played, he is deemed to have proceeded under penalty of stroke and distance.

• b. Ball Out of Bounds
If a ball is out of bounds, the player must play a ball, under penalty of one stroke, as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was last played (see Rule 20-5).

• c. Ball Not Found Within Five Minutes
If a ball is lost as a result of not being found or identified as his by the player within five minutes after the player's side or his or their caddies have begun to search for it, the player must play a ball, under penalty of one stroke, as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was last played (see Rule 20-5).

Exceptions:
1. If it is known or virtually certain that the original ball that has not been found is in an obstruction (Rule 24-3) or an abnormal ground condition (Rule 25-1c) the player may proceed under the applicable Rule.

2. If it is known or virtually certain that the original ball that has not been found has been moved by an outside agency (Rule 18-1) or is in a water hazard (Rule 26-1), the player must proceed under the applicable Rule.

PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULE 27-1:
Match play - Loss of hole; Stroke play - Two strokes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: ball loss from bunker, replay question   ball loss from bunker, replay question I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:30 am

What if the ball is covered by a Big leave inside the bunker.
Was looking for the ball but couldn't find, end up it was under the "Big" leave... inside the bunker.

Penalty for moving the leave ?
Back to top Go down
scubawun
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ball loss from bunker, replay question   ball loss from bunker, replay question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:47 am

no penalty, leaf is considered loose impediment. but when you remove the leaf, the ball must not be moved or moves. else you take one stroke penalty.
Back to top Go down
novicegolfer
Qualified Referee
Qualified Referee

PostSubject: Re: ball loss from bunker, replay question   ball loss from bunker, replay question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:57 am

starchildten wrote:
Hi, I have a question to ask about replaying loss ball.

I was playing my second shot from a sand bunker beside the green and it when ballooned up and loss into the brushes. I took a 1 stroke loss ball penalty and drop a ball into the same spot in the sand bunker and replayed my 4th shot.

My mate told me I was wrong and I should have drop the replacement ball near the closest entry point where the ball went into the brushes and take a 1 stroke loss ball penalty within 2 club length.

Is he correct?

If the bushes are marked as hazard and you dropped and played from the last played, there is anything wrong and proceeded according to one of the options under water hazard rule.

If it is not marked as hazard, you've also proceeded correctly under the lost ball rule.
Back to top Go down
novicegolfer
Qualified Referee
Qualified Referee

PostSubject: Re: ball loss from bunker, replay question   ball loss from bunker, replay question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:00 am

scubawun wrote:
no penalty, leaf is considered loose impediment. but when you remove the leaf, the ball must not be moved or moves. else you take one stroke penalty.

Are you sure?

Read Rule 13-4.

Can a player remove a loose impediment from a hazard?
Back to top Go down
novicegolfer
Qualified Referee
Qualified Referee

PostSubject: Re: ball loss from bunker, replay question   ball loss from bunker, replay question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:03 am

JohnBGLee wrote:
What if the ball is covered by a Big leave inside the bunker.
Was looking for the ball but couldn't find, end up it was under the "Big" leave... inside the bunker.

Penalty for moving the leave ?

Under Rule 12, you're allowed to search and identify your ball in a hazard. Read Rule 12 for details.

However, you are not allowed to remove any loose impediment if your ball is in a hazard. If you've done so, you're in breach of Rule 13.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ball loss from bunker, replay question   ball loss from bunker, replay question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ball loss from bunker, replay question
Page 1 of 1