Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silly question about ball marker

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Silly question about ball marker Empty
PostSubject: Silly question about ball marker   Silly question about ball marker I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:28 am

Sorry for this silly question.
I ordered somethin online recently and got some free Tees and a ball marker (not the template to draw lines and markings on the golf ball.. but those markers u use to mark where the ball lands on the green). The marker is the shape of a thumbtack/umbrella.. circular disc and a 'stem'.

Question : How do i place the ball marker?. I can't possibly push the stem into the green rite? But if i do it upside down, the stem will be pointing skywards.

Once again.. sorry for this idiotic question. Peace
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about ball marker   Silly question about ball marker I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:32 am

They're like the ones below, right? If yes, you can press them into the green like a thumb tack. The tip isn't thick enough to cause damage to the grass/green.

Silly question about ball marker Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOg6VrqcjNKJLOerbDIM0VNVR1P0lMTsmBWHujgQAn-cGJkq_lvw Silly question about ball marker Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj6o8iNJA75u8d8wNfl48tzBU0JU5VNHN1lRyUFvWcRekl73yVcA

(Images from Alibaba.com)
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about ball marker   Silly question about ball marker I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:44 am

@ Techno ....no la....don tell me you are like me...totally hopeless in putting. The bal marker I think TS is referring is the one wich enable someone to draw lines at the precise centre of the ball to ensure that the ball ...die die go to hole
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about ball marker   Silly question about ball marker I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:48 am

But TS (threadstarter) said that it's not the template, but the one which is used to mark where the ball lands on the green.

The one you're referring to is the one below:

Silly question about ball marker Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUgksKY-OXp1yayFpZkN3A6Gyvw5neDinoPP0koEUNY3ACpHYQ

(Image from sporting-goodsonline.com)
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about ball marker   Silly question about ball marker I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:50 am

Quote :
Duval_S wrote:
@ Techno ....no la....don tell me you are like me...totally hopeless in putting. The bal marker I think TS is referring is the one wich enable someone to draw lines at the precise centre of the ball to ensure that the ball ...die die go to hole

@ Techno.....Oh yes.......I am an idiot....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about ball marker   Silly question about ball marker I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:53 am

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Duval_S wrote:

@ Techno.....Oh yes.......I am an idiot....

Not at all... I did a double-take when I saw the post. You had to reply in a rush. How many times have I told you... don't log on to GR while you're getting ready to tee-off. I suspect that the PGA marshals will not be happy.
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about ball marker   Silly question about ball marker I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:58 pm

thanx technospaz.. those are what I was referring to.
wahh.. so really juz poke them into the green ah.. thanx man.
ok.. mod pls remove this post. otherwise pple will know what an idiot I am for posting such questions.. hahahahahhaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silly question about ball marker   Silly question about ball marker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silly question about ball marker
Page 1 of 1