Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Using tee at NSRCC bunker teebox

Go down 
+4
stickman
MLP
allenthl
idrahus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
idrahus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Using tee at NSRCC bunker  teebox Empty
PostSubject: Using tee at NSRCC bunker teebox   Using tee at NSRCC bunker  teebox I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 9:44 am

Hi all,

Anyone here uses a tee at the bunker teebox at NSRCC Executive course hole 6? Can it be use?Some newbie friends were asking me yesterday. Thank you for any advice.
Back to top Go down
allenthl
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Using tee at NSRCC bunker teebox   Using tee at NSRCC bunker  teebox I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 9:55 am

it defeats the purpose of a bunker shot if a tee is placed.
Back to top Go down
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

PostSubject: Re: Using tee at NSRCC bunker teebox   Using tee at NSRCC bunker  teebox I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:31 am

what then iz the purpose of a bunker tee box
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Using tee at NSRCC bunker teebox   Using tee at NSRCC bunker  teebox I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Yap. there is a hole that players place the ball on the bunker. There is also a Teebox marker there to guide players on where to place their ball. I believe the intent is for players to play it out of the bunker and onto the green without a tee which the player must hit to a distance of about 40 to 60 meters.

So to play it with a tee is possible but should we practice playing it with a tee? Well, as for me, I will not do it because the general rule is not to have contact when the ball is in the bunker, therefore I will practice hitting it out from there without a tee.

For more fun and challenge, plug the ball into the sand and try playing it out at that distance!

Have fun.........
Back to top Go down
idrahus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Using tee at NSRCC bunker teebox   Using tee at NSRCC bunker  teebox I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:00 pm

So there is no ruling as to you cannot use a tee at that tee box. Just a golfer preference to use or not to use.
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Using tee at NSRCC bunker teebox   Using tee at NSRCC bunker  teebox I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:18 am

bros, this is an executive course, more like a training course for golfers of all levels. i see no point to use a tee in a bunker bcos in real games, this will not happen.
Back to top Go down
den
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
den

PostSubject: Re: Using tee at NSRCC bunker teebox   Using tee at NSRCC bunker  teebox I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:24 am

I agree with Bro Poresia on his take....
What you could do is rake the bunker, place the ball at a good location and tee off from there.
The pin is normally position 50-60m from the tee box.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Using tee at NSRCC bunker teebox   Using tee at NSRCC bunker  teebox I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:44 am

Despite there s no rules at the executive course, u ll nt gain fm actual game when u ball landed inside the bunkers..Wink
Its the bunker shot practice tat every single golfers b needg it. Smile
Its yr take, mate. Cool
Back to top Go down
CKT61
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Using tee at NSRCC bunker teebox   Using tee at NSRCC bunker  teebox I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 1:03 pm

NSRCC has got one of the best par 3 course in Singapore, I go there for my quickie when the urge is unbearable (when I've got only 2 to 3 hours to spare). 

It's pointless to tee up. Rake the tee box properly and you're good to go, they design it for us to practise bunker shot where the pin is 25 meters away. These scenarios happens all the time when we're on a regular 18H. It's there for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using tee at NSRCC bunker teebox   Using tee at NSRCC bunker  teebox I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using tee at NSRCC bunker teebox
Page 1 of 1