Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taylormade R9 Family Review

Go down 
+14
Lion Iron
pug
aural
DGman
Suzuki
Tituman
JonL_TK
Derek
sebastianlim
Khorkar
ping golfer
cyruz_s
hoelwill
Cyp_PGA
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

Taylormade R9 Family  Review Empty
PostSubject: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:33 pm

All my friend using R9 ,I was wondering why ?? i just want to know what is so good about r9 ... i never try i just want to know why most amateur liike this new piece of technology ? Any review please give me .... I minterest and whiling to try it !!!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
hoelwill
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
hoelwill

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:42 pm

Because many pros use it, so, It has got to be GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cyruz_s
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cyruz_s

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:44 pm

i only use it coz had option to adjust the head... coz i sliced too much... so play on course, can set to extreme L. on course, set neutral and train...

co-incidentally, package came w a raylor hybrid which i love to bits now...
Back to top Go down
ping golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:13 pm

cyruz_s wrote:
i only use it coz had option to adjust the head... coz i sliced too much... so play on course, can set to extreme L. on course, set neutral and train...

co-incidentally, package came w a raylor hybrid which i love to bits now...

Hi, which retailer is offering this package? Beer
Back to top Go down
cyruz_s
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cyruz_s

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:19 pm

errr... i visited a shop in far east shopping centre... 2nd flr in the corner..

think it was a promo at that time.. dont know if it's still on
Back to top Go down
ping golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:27 pm

cyruz_s wrote:
errr... i visited a shop in far east shopping centre... 2nd flr in the corner..

think it was a promo at that time.. dont know if it's still on

Thanks cyruz_s, I will check TM @ Bishan and Far East Ctr, else any kind soul out there can provide me with the info?
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:17 am

hw much u buy it?
Back to top Go down
cyruz_s
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cyruz_s

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:32 am

if i remember right, i got the r9 460 package for $450...

managed to find my old thread when i was asking arnd for opinions...

"thanks for all the advice people...

i got myself a R9 460 10.5 Degree yest.. Came w a 22 degree Raylor rescue... total damage: 449 from Far East Shopping centre.."
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:57 am

personally, if i am looking for a new driver, i would consider new TM driver. For one, it is flexibility. I can changed shafts from one to another, while maintaining the same head. The other, MWT concept have ample amount variation for me to play with. Its giving the player many choice to choose from without frequent visit to custom fitting shop. All you need is a selection of shafts with sleeves and weights.
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:46 pm

sorry if im digging out this thread.

would wish to know does anyone know the current pricing for R9460? and the promo with the hybrid no more already?
Back to top Go down
cyruz_s
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cyruz_s

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:41 pm

sebastianlim wrote:

would wish to know does anyone know the current pricing for R9460? and the promo with the hybrid no more already?

not sure if the promo is still available.. but as mentioned in my earlier replies, bought it frm Far east shopping centre at app $450+

u can go take a look around... i committed after 3 to 4 wks to visiting shops and online research...
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:41 pm

cyruz_s wrote:
sebastianlim wrote:

not sure if the promo is still available.. but as mentioned in my earlier replies, bought it frm Far east shopping centre at app $450+

u can go take a look around... i committed after 3 to 4 wks to visiting shops and online research...

erm when you bought it? couple of wks back or ?

wow $450 is quite stiff.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:44 pm

450 for a brand new driver PLUS a brand new hydrid not that bad lah ...
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:16 pm

450 got hybrid meh? o.O
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:52 pm

sebastianlim wrote:
450 got hybrid meh? o.O
Might want to scroll up to read more from the previous post!!!
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:04 pm

o.O sorry..

so does anyone know the present price for R9460? thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:53 pm

sebastianlim wrote:
cyruz_s wrote:
sebastianlim wrote:

erm when you bought it? couple of wks back or ?

wow $450 is quite stiff.

You go to Adidas at Cathay quoting $499 for the R9 460.

titu
Back to top Go down
cyruz_s
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cyruz_s

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:18 pm

sebastianlim wrote:
450 got hybrid meh? o.O

like i mentioned earlier...

when i bought it, 449 was the price of a new r9 460 driver PLUS a 22 degree raylor hybrid... not sure about now....
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Cathey Adidas got 40% sales on 20th May. Sure I'm gonna grab some golf shoes man.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:35 pm

pricing is so unplanned these days...

i don't think the selling price of the R9 are simply determined by a clear pricing strategy that's based on demand and aging of the product.

In this case a foreign source of mine told me that a shipment of parallel imported R9 was headed to a neighboring country. the distributor learned about this and started the buy one get one promotion. The parallel importer than tried to bring it to Singapore and then a similar promotion was launch to counter the effect of lower pricing by the PI.

who is the PI...buy coffee lor.

but of course this is all hearsay and its tough being a distributor in a small market like Singapore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:47 am

O.O .

Thanks for everyone's replied. I saw the R9460 on the newspaper, Going $399 for 460 and MAX for $499
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Any super tri users? How's the review so far?
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:58 pm

How much is the Supertri going for?
Back to top Go down
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:19 pm

aural wrote:
Any super tri users? How's the review so far?

You may want to try it at TM demo day. Next one at Toa Payoh driving range 23rd Jun 6.30pm.

Was at OCC TM demo day and noticed many didn't drive it well. I know some of them are frequent golfers with 10+HC. May be need time to get use to. Sound of Supertri isn't as nice as R7/R9 460.
Back to top Go down
noohks
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
noohks

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:54 pm

I have tried at OCC last wed, i have to say the R9 forged irons with ns pro 950 stiff shaft was fantastic! More distance + great feeling + very straight + great looks + expensive as well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 Family Review   Taylormade R9 Family  Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylormade R9 Family Review
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next