Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ball alignment

Go down 
+3
chemicalpro
Duval_S
golfer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
golfer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:58 pm

during address, should the ball be in line with the left heel for all iron, driver , wood shots? this will maximum impact?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:14 pm

I don't think it has to do with the address.....more likely got to do with the alignment at impact....I seen golfer who setup with the ball at the heel.......but damm, the ball fly like nobody business
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Suzanne Petterson, and a few others, used to Pre-set their clubs so that their shaft is parallel to the ground at address.

You don't see this very often these days, but hope this brings your focus away from the address to the moment of impact.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:38 pm

the thing is, 1. how do you achieve a good impact position? 2. what should good impact position feel like? 3. what should good impact position look like? understand these and you'll be able to experience good impact consistently
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:04 am

jhan18 wrote:
the thing is, 1. how do you achieve a good impact position? 2. what should good impact position feel like? 3. what should good impact position look like? understand these and you'll be able to experience good impact consistently

Teacher, can you give the answers to questions 1, 2, and 3?
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:48 am

seebayho wrote:
jhan18 wrote:

Teacher, can you give the answers to questions 1, 2, and 3?

come see me soon and i'll explain! Haha. But seriously unless i put up some pics and diagrams here, it wld be pretty difficult. Cant teach u to feel gd impact here. U need to learn how to get into a gd positionn to feel it
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:52 am

Yeap.... Coach taught me and it never been better..... Smile And he witness it yesterday. Too bad it didnt last 18 holes.

Shot Ah!!!
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:20 pm

duffader wrote:
Yeap.... Coach taught me and it never been better..... Smile And he witness it yesterday. Too bad it didnt last 18 holes.

Shot Ah!!!

Really? on lah...teacher when can we have an hour?
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Golf is a game when people pay too much attention on the swing dynamics and generally forgets about the importance of aligning and setting up. In my opinion, both must have equal attention.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:58 pm

seebayho wrote:
duffader wrote:

Shot Ah!!!

Really? on lah...teacher when can we have an hour?

just let me know:)
Back to top Go down
golfer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:00 pm

so do you address the ball on same position for all irons ?
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:25 am

personally, i dont. i feel that it's difficult to hit wedge shots or short irons from a ball position similar to my long, mid irons. however a player like mickelson does. He wants to visualise that every club flies through an imaginary box in the air so he has the ball placed at a similar slighty forward than centre position. For short irons i reckon your ball position should be more towards the middle and the longer the club the more your ball position should be inside your left heel. This is because for many players they do not hit a full shot with the shorter clubss unless necessary therefore the move towards the ball on the downswing is less than of a full 6 iron. what do you currently do and how has your ball striking been of late?
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:12 am

I used to have problems hitting the balls clean off the turf due to ball positioning. So I make it a point to take a divot during my pre shot routine and observe where my divot starts. It has somehow given me a good indication of where I should place my ball.

Now that I am used to my clubs and swing... I have more or less some idea as to where exactly to position the ball in order to get a clean shot.... most of the time that is... What a Face

I noticed like what Jhan18 said... short irons (7 & below) will generally starts from the middle or even slightly behind middle of the stance... while longer irons will move towards the front.
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Sponsored content

ball alignment Empty
PostSubject: Re: ball alignment   ball alignment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ball alignment
Page 1 of 1