Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?

Go down 
+8
hkhamateur
TDO
Derek
essentiale
nrafee
Turbo
haragolfer
robert33
12 posters
AuthorMessage
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? Empty
PostSubject: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi guys,

Dunno if I am "ki siao" over golf or Wat... confused

But I feel tat I putt straighter when the dimples on the golf ball is aligned to the path I wan the ball to travel on. cyclops

And when e dimples r not align.... I felt the ball wobble slightly and may go off the intended path slightly... good putt

Hope to get some advice from all bros here... HELP

For those bros who r hearing for the first time... If u free and nothing to do... Do try out and see if makes a difference... Do drop your feedback here as well... rabbit

Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Well seems like I am the only person bothered by the dimples... Wahahaha... Very Happy

Anyway below r 2 pics tats better illustrates my point...

1) ball and dimples aligned to intended path.
Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? 57BF03CA-0B5D-4AE5-97CE-0C4C9A1D3312-2237-000001A79219CA95

2) ball aligned to hole but dimples arrangement r random.
Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? E9ADA502-7C70-4565-9E29-F13557E79AA5-2237-000001A79F65CB66

Well I shall try to align the dimples to the path for my next few games and see helps in my putting dept...! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:12 pm

I think hor, bro, the grass and sand affect more than dimples. Its like road or dirt track versus tire thread design you know.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Innovative method to mark a ball if one does not have a ball marking device in the middle of the game.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:34 pm

really dun think it matters. the burner and the arrow is for aligning the ball to the target line. and it is not align to the dimples.
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:42 pm

haragolfer wrote:
I think hor, bro, the grass and sand affect more than dimples. Its like road or dirt track versus tire thread design you know.

Definitely bro... And the spike and pitch marks as well..

Jus wanna minimise variable factors tat we can control..

Wahahaha...
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:46 pm

nrafee wrote:
really dun think it matters. the burner and the arrow is for aligning the ball to the target line. and it is not align to the dimples.

One of my bro shared with me tat a particular make and model has e brand and marking aligned to the dimples...

Will be going to GD to get a box to test it out..

See if my putts hold it path better..

Anyway i am jus being anal.. Wahahaha
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:53 am

Wow. scratch this is one new excuse to use when missing a putt!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 7:49 am

IMHO, unless you are playing on lightning fast greens, or billiard tables, there is no effect
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:27 am

I am not too concerned with this alignment. If we want to look for a reason to blame our puttts there are thousands of reasons. And it can range from lousy putter right up to the grain of grass and sand on the green. Shocked
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:14 am

Derek wrote:
IMHO, unless you are playing on lightning fast greens, or billiard tables, there is no effect

Agreed w Derek. Wink
It reali doesnt matter as most green re lollipop or sandy conditions. bounce
Unless puttg at HH least. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:19 am

Guys a good putt is a good putt. A lousy putt is a lousy putt...

Jus wanna see if certain factors r overlooked and hopefully can improve our putts and lower our scores..

Kekeke Razz
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:25 am

essentiale wrote:
Wow. scratch this is one new excuse to use when missing a putt!

I like this. I'll be too busy thinking abt my next shot to actually bother with my own excuses :')
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:01 am

Pro-V1's have their <PRO-V1> logo printed on the equator of the ball for this reason.

The theory behind this is like bowling balls. There will be a part of the ball which is heavier and therefore influences the roll of the ball. Ever see people bowl with house balls? the roll straight.. but it curls at the end when it nears the pins?

However, that being said. i have noticed that some balls do not have an equator. Like Z-Star and Penta. Probably all in my head, but i feel i putt better with Pro-V's.

My 2 cents worth. Razz
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 am

we used to sell a device that allow you to find out the "spine" of the ball. you can draw a continuous line and see the difference between a "spine" and not "spine ball". it sort of spin the ball at high speed then the ball will rest at its naturally aligned position which is pretty much the same as a wheel balancing to optimise tire performance.

the reason we stopped selling them was since we have ZEN putters, the "spine" will stay on line till the last drop anyway.

if you are interested to find out if the "spine" affect the roll, you can use the putting green in the HOZ to try out your theory.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:01 pm

DGman wrote:
we used to sell a device that allow you to find out the "spine" of the ball. you can draw a continuous line and see the difference between a "spine" and not "spine ball". it sort of spin the ball at high speed then the ball will rest at its naturally aligned position which is pretty much the same as a wheel balancing to optimise tire performance.

the reason we stopped selling them was since we have ZEN putters, the "spine" will stay on line till the last drop anyway.

if you are interested to find out if the "spine" affect the roll, you can use the putting green in the HOZ to try out your theory.

DGman

Care to share how does your zen putters keep the "spine" on line?
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Finally got the recommended golf ball from GD... cheers

Hopefully can test out and compare between golf balls to see if the dimples affect the ability to hold it's path... rabbit

Below is a pic of the ball recommended...
Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? 8C153A10-D4E9-4B5E-97AD-3B7847B9E6FF-2318-000001BE8CA36F02

Cheers
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Oh.. so penta does have an equator.. sorry..my bad! Razz
Back to top Go down
iluvcookies
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 7:28 am

All balls are ditterent even from the same manufacturer / model. To check the 'spine' of a golf ball is simple. Put a Golf ball into a mug/cup fill with water. Add salt gradually till the golf ball floats then take a marker pen to mark the top part of the golf ball which is the lightest point. Hence the 6 o'clock or the opposite direction of the golf ball is the heaviest. So whenever you putt or tee off put the mark golfball facing up so that the spine of the ball is always facing to the target line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?   Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do the alignment of dimples on e golf ball affect our putt?
Page 1 of 1