Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PC or Handicap

Go down 
+6
alvin7379
brianpan
daveaha
ironfist
weesern
Aloyboy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:37 pm

just would like to know.. how do i go about getting handicap in the cheapest way...
or should i get a PC... how much does it cost?

i do not wish to take any lessons though...

thx in advance
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:47 pm

SSG should be the cheapest in SG

another is look for RSC... he conducts CR in OCC
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:51 pm

roughly how much will it cost?
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:44 pm

hmmm personally i think the only adavantage of having a PC in singapore is you get to practice at mandai ECG. if you do want to play a full round might as well save the money in getting a PC/HCP and go across the causeway! haha
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:47 pm

I actually feel that PC is a 'stepping' stone for getting a HC here. If possible, just go for HC directly.... collect 5 scorecards and go for courtesy round...

For Handicap discussion, we have many of them already in this forum. Just do a search...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:58 pm

the two I suggested do not require you to have a PC before taking the CR. The rest all requires you to get a PC first then go for CR
Back to top Go down
brianpan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
brianpan

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:10 pm

But I am quite confused....we must submit 5 scorecards for courses with USGA slope rating but if we don't have PC or HC, how to get the scorecards? Mandai course cannot right?
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:21 pm

Actually... you can get 18 hole games quite easily (across the causeway) or at MBGC. Critical part is the courtesy round which is being accessed by a qualified tester, which you must be able to perform to similar level as per what you have submitted in your scorecards. (Some coaches may even ask you to complete a theory test on golf rules!) Razz

A H'cap card is the only card you need for playing golf but that being said, I always suggest to my friends who are taking up golf, to at least go for basic PC lessons. The purpose is not to get the (rather useless) PC Card but more to get you started on the right foot on basic golf swing fundamentals and etiquette.

You don't want to be playing the game 5 years down the road and find yourself unable to improve on your game because of some bad habits that are almost impossible to kick away... just because you started out with learning the wrong swing. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
brianpan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
brianpan

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Hmmm thats true, you have a point...I think I've already developed quite a fair bit of bad habits already...
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:43 pm

thx for ur replies... i have been playing in jb for quite some time already... was just looking to try out singapore courses which requires pc/hcp... will research more on this..

THX alot guys!
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:53 pm

now i understand why some golfers keeps saying they not ready for hcp test ....
coz they wan to reduce the hcp even during test period ....
so I guess i will remain 36 for quite sometime since I am taking this mth end .....
why didnt I ask around , i was so anxious to get hcp so that i can play in SG .....

Mad
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:15 am

No lah CT, you'll definitely get better than HCP36. You've played so many rounds already sure can pass and get 24 or better right out of the gates Smile
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:18 am

chemicalpro wrote:
No lah CT, you'll definitely get better than HCP36. You've played so many rounds already sure can pass and get 24 or better right out of the gates Smile

aiya , u never know my standard ....
tat day someone saw my swing at range , also think I might not pass hcp test leh ....
cham , cham , cham ....
actually i only been to green 2 or 3 times nia .....
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:24 am

Don't worry, I'm sure you can pass it! Have faith!

Its a par 3 course that you're being tested on right? So that rules out the dreaded driver liao.

Swing within your means lor, even if it means to 2 or 3 on for par 3.

You can do it!
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:25 am

chemicalpro wrote:
Don't worry, I'm sure you can pass it! Have faith!

Its a par 3 course that you're being tested on right? So that rules out the dreaded driver liao.

Swing within your means lor, even if it means to 2 or 3 on for par 3.

You can do it!

thank u , u r so encouraging ...

very eng at work now huh ? Razz
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:28 am

Haha Friday mah... All that's on my mind is tomorrow go occ golf sale, range for a bit, then Sunday's game Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:56 am

Go for it CT! You can do it!

The NSRCC Par 3 course is not that difficult...for beginners the most tricky is probably the hole where you tee-off from the sand...my advice for that hole is to hit it like any normal shot, ie. don't hit the sand, just hit the ball direct, because usually the sand in that bunker is very hard.

Apart from that, if you can keep the ball straight, and don't be too greedy (ie. if on the longer par 3s you know you cannot reach, then lay up), I'm very sure you'll shoot a good score there. The vital key is to hit straight since the holes are very narrow.

Good luck for your game tom!
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:02 am

Yo Mizz, need anything from the OCC golf sale? Smile
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:07 am

hmm....if you see any nice ladies stand bag or nice-looking ladies size 5 shoe do give me a call...been trying to find nice ones for my gf.

I don't think I need anything for myself. Just went shopping online at 3balls.com and bought 3 second hand clubs (MX-700 Driver, 5-wood and 3 hybrid). They should arrive by next Sat's game so very excited to try them. Now feeling quite guilty after buying more clubs. Razz
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:12 am

Mizzman wrote:
hmm....if you see any nice ladies stand bag or nice-looking ladies size 5 shoe do give me a call...been trying to find nice ones for my gf.

I don't think I need anything for myself. Just went shopping online at 3balls.com and bought 3 second hand clubs (MX-700 Driver, 5-wood and 3 hybrid). They should arrive by next Sat's game so very excited to try them. Now feeling quite guilty after buying more clubs. Razz

bro, i got a couple of used clubs (irons n woods) let me know if u keen to try.... Smile
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:13 am

Ladies bag and shoes, got it Smile

Wow expenditure! Razz

You are aware of the 14club per player's bag ruling right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:17 am

CP, actually if you can find this particular greenjoy in size 5 it would be perfect. Or if there's something similar please call me too. Thanks a lot man!

PC or Handicap Yhst-111

JT, thanks for the offer...would love to try them at our range sessions someday. Although I probably won't do them justice...
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:20 am

chemicalpro wrote:
Ladies bag and shoes, got it Smile

Wow expenditure! Razz

You are aware of the 14club per player's bag ruling right? Laughing

Yeah I'm planning to replace my current driver with the MX-700, add the 5-wood, and replace my 3iron with the 3H. Then I'll have nicely 14 clubs. Very Happy

But then next Sat's game I might have more than 14 clubs because I think I will bring a couple of drivers to test (plan to borrow the Cobra ZL after JT is done with it)...friendly friendly lah...not tournament what... Razz
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:26 am

Haha yes yes, friendly Razz

Alright, I'll keep a look out for them shoes, which by the way are damn sweet lah! Laughing

I need to go range a bit tomorrow also, must gather club distance info Mad
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:49 am

Thanks for the help bro...zero those clubs man...I will see the results of your new swing on Sunday Very Happy If you see the shoes do give me a call and I will rush down with Cinderella to fit them shoes on her. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PC or Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC or Handicap   PC or Handicap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC or Handicap
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next