Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting a Handicap

Go down 
+3
eiji
nrafee
Cornball
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi everyone

Im not sure which forum room to post this so i thought the generic Golf Talk should be fine.

Im writing to ask how much is it to get a handicap and PC. Also, is there a yearly maintenance fee? Where can i do this?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:41 pm

mod,

can we have a section (sticky) for FAQ?

eg,

how to get PC, handicap etc?

where is BFG?

where is SSN?

what do you do at SSN?

etc
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:56 pm

we can have it, but my gut feel is, questions like those will still be repeated. whether there's a faq or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:00 pm

haha..

true, true...

at least we can ask that fellow to check the FAQ, then delete away the post.. haha...
Back to top Go down
Fai74
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Fai74

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:16 pm

hi bro..cornball... pm me i can explained the straight hcp
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Cornball wrote:
Hi everyone

Im not sure which forum room to post this so i thought the generic Golf Talk should be fine.

Im writing to ask how much is it to get a handicap and PC. Also, is there a yearly maintenance fee? Where can i do this?

Thanks!

click search and type "handicap" in the box.
you will find lots of info from the kind folks in this forum.
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:35 pm

1. how to get PC, handicap etc?
>> Take up a beginner's golf lesson from one of the many coaches in the range, at the end of the lesson you can take your PC Test aka Proficiency Card Test.

>> Last time I used to think you need to pass your PC test before proceeding to HCP. This is not true now....You can just skip to having your courtesy round, submit 5x 18-hole or 10x 9-hole game to get your HCP.

>> You need to join a Golf Club to maintain your HCP, the nice ones are Society of Singapore Golfers, My Golf Kaki, Golf Kaki etc. The really nice and expensive ones are the usual country clubs you see in Singapore.

2. where is BFG?
>> BFG or Big Fish Golf HQ is at Bukit Merah, there another BFG at Orchid Country Club @Yishun.

Blk 1003 Bukit Merah Central
#03-11
Singapore 159836

Tel: (65) 64712272
Fax: (65) 64712221
Email: golf@bigfishes.com

Orchid Country Club Driving Range
#01-03

Opening hours:
12.00 pm to 7.00 pm
(Mondays to Saturdays)

3. where is SSN?
SSN or Starry Starry Nite is at Marina Bay Golf Course every wednesday from 8pm till late.

4. what do you do at SSN?
>> TCSS aka Chit Chat, share golf stories and experience etc....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:38 pm

Actually i have taken lessons before and in fact taking intermediate.

I did a search but it seems like after the initial few posts which were posted some time back, then most of them went off topic.

In any case i did a search again and the top result was "Getting a Handicap". I was quite happy when i clicked it until i realised it's my own thread. Haha.. silly.

I didnt really ask the other questions cos ive been to BFG and still kinda shy to go to SSN.
Back to top Go down
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Oh the reason why i asked is cos im considering getting a membership at Poresia which gives me a handicap and wonder if i should do that or get a handicap from the aforementioned places.

Just trying to weigh the pros and cons there.
Back to top Go down
vin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Cornball wrote:
Hi everyone

Thanks!

Hi, You d'ont need to get a PC, It a waste of money,
Go to SSG and register as a member,
Go for 1 day study course and a par 3, 9 hole test at NSRCC,
You get your HC,
So far the cheapest in town.

Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Cornball wrote:
Oh the reason why i asked is cos im considering getting a membership at Poresia which gives me a handicap and wonder if i should do that or get a handicap from the aforementioned places.

Not sure if the HCP from Poresia aligns with the USGA HCP System... but if it does than there should be no worries to play anywhere in the world....

If you always play at Poresia than might as well get your HCP maintained by them...
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Cornball wrote:

if u are getting poresia membership just get it there.
just need to pay RM50 for kopi..muahaha
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:51 pm

eden wrote:

Hmm... no courtesy round? Razz
Back to top Go down
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:54 pm

eden wrote:
Cornball wrote:

Haha.. that's what i heard as well. Im just trying to find the fastest way to achieve this since i dont have much time and even if i do, id prefer to play a full round, rather than dilly dally with a courtesy round, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting a Handicap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Handicap   Getting a Handicap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting a Handicap
Page 1 of 1