Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Honma Clubs, good ?

Go down 
+20
element17
qqqqqq
andrew-golf
audi
kamen
golf_nut
golf@48
golfcoma
scram
TITW
LinLauPeh
Liv2golf
Kopi Towkay
HyBriD
Tituman
ironfist
daveaha
TigaWood
JonL_TK
jskywlker
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

Honma Clubs, good ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Honma Clubs, good ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:42 pm

qqqqqq wrote:
Check this out, USD $75k on a set of clubs, clearly Jack Nicholson thinks its good.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/jack-nicholson-spent-75-000-set-golf-clubs-235141517.html

I'd hit a new forged 7I off the cart path and in the process opening the sole's virgin flower. It was nice feeling!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
element17
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Honma Clubs, good ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:38 pm

The Honma shafts are what really set them apart from most brands and in my opinion, that's what you're really paying for. As for whether they're soft and buttery, I guess you would feel this in most forged head clubs.

I know Creative golf has a lot of pre-owned sets that are very reasonably priced if you're keen to try them. You definitely wouldn't regret buying a set to try them out. Cos even if it doesn't suit you, I'm pretty certain you can get some value out of em' when you decide to sell them off.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Honma Clubs, good ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:15 pm

element17 wrote:
The Honma shafts are what really set them apart from most brands and in my opinion, that's what you're really paying for. As for whether they're soft and buttery, I guess you would feel this in most forged head clubs.

I know Creative golf has a lot of pre-owned sets that are very reasonably priced if you're keen to try them. You definitely wouldn't regret buying a set to try them out. Cos even if it doesn't suit you, I'm pretty certain you can get some value out of em' when you decide to sell them off.

the value maintains well but the secondary market is small

if i am a Honma enthusiast, i will prob buy brand new or a mint set

Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Honma Clubs, good ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:26 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
ironfist wrote:
hi everyone! Smile

i think honma is kinda like gucci/prada/other branded goods; well-made no doubt, but you're paying more for the brand. saw a china businessman at MBGC with a full honma beres set. damn tempted to sapoh! haha still i'd rather spend my money on mizuno. Razz
Dunno real or not... Somemore you say China Businessman

Cannot say like that. Nowadays Chinaman have plenty of money going round buying things that we mortals (me in particular) cannot afford. Even USA is cautious of their buying spree.

So whatever they can afford some of us can afford, whatever some of us cannot afford they can afford, without battling an eyelid.
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Honma Clubs, good ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:52 pm

I am using honma set they are really good. It's also true they are 1 club longer in distant. Try your luck at some Japanese website. You could get some really good deal. Go for 4 star shaft
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Honma Clubs, good ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Sometimes I too wonder if the private jets flying into Seletar with Chinese children attending school here are real or not.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Honma Clubs, good ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:14 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
honmas in Asia are seen as an item of social status (i stand to be corrected)

i have a friend who works in Temasek who can splash 1.6k on a honma driver and his whole set cost nothing less than 30k. when i asked him his state of mind, he jus shrugged his shoulders in a matter of fact manner. he looked at my set and give me a cheeky grin! haha

Staff from Temasek must be over paid ... There goes the tax-payer monies ...
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Honma Clubs, good ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:23 pm

kamen wrote:
Sometimes I too wonder if the private jets flying into Seletar with Chinese children attending school here are real or not.

i noticed your TUMI bag

hahaha

high end stuff!

wahahhahaaa
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Honma Clubs, good ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:29 pm

I always believe that users of honma r good players
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Honma Clubs, good ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:39 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
kamen wrote:

i noticed your TUMI bag

hahaha

high end stuff!

wahahhahaaa

Thanks bro Andrew for your compliment, haha the bag itself is OK-end nia. I picked it because of the material and not many people using. Too bad the line's been discontinued.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honma Clubs, good ?   Honma Clubs, good ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honma Clubs, good ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2