Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

tubes for graphite shafts

Go down 
+9
Orangeironhorse
Khorkar
rangereye
kopiO
shotah
slinger
ron81
Technospaz
golfcoma
13 posters
AuthorMessage
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

tubes for graphite shafts Empty
PostSubject: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Just wondering how many of you use those tubes to protect your graphite shafts against club clatter in your golf bag, and if they actually work...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:08 pm

Those tubes are meant for any kinda of shaft, not just graphite. Yes, they work Smile
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:19 pm

If you referring to those transparent types of tubes, I don't think it will fit a shaft with grip. those mesh coloured types are good, not only protect your shaft, will be easier to pull and put back the club in the bag..
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:51 pm

Are the ends of the tubes plastic or rubber (or something else)? If it's hard plastic, then it might defeat the purpose of using those tubes.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:20 am

unless u have a cart/staff bag, having those tubes can be quite cumbersome cos they took up quite a fair bit of space....
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:33 am

Thanks for pointing that out; I am using a cart bag. I guess I'll just need to find something that fits now.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:40 am

the new bags have more compartments (8-10) now to organize the clubs as compared to the old std 6 compartments, thus dun need to buy too many tubes.....
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:05 am

The tubes will leave a marking on your graphite shaft.
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:34 pm

yes, main thing is that you can take in and drop in your clubs nicely, without much hassle or clattering. they dun really take up much place - i used them in my stand bag too... i m just a neat freak..
Back to top Go down
rangereye
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
rangereye

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:43 pm

my experience is that these tubes occupied quite a bit of space per compartment thus i can only put 2 tubes in each compartment instead of being able to put 3 clubs in each compartment without the tubes.

Also, u would need to pull the clubs out fairly straight or the grip butt may be stuck thereby pulling up the tube along with it..

Not sure if my explanation is clear... confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.wizgolf.com.sg
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:12 am

Thank you all for your replies!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:56 am

Question and taking this topic slightly further, where's the best place to buy the tubes? Prices? There are also tubes to store golf balls, have anyone seen them?

Last edited by Khorkar on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:02 am

kopiO wrote:
yes, main thing is that you can take in and drop in your clubs nicely, without much hassle or clattering. they dun really take up much place - i used them in my stand bag too... i m just a neat freak..

Same here, bro Smile
Back to top Go down
Orangeironhorse
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:49 pm

where's the best place to buy the tubes at a lower cost?

Need advise.
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:29 pm

bro, if u r interesting in those tubes, i do have 8 of them in my store room.

after i change my grip to medium size, i can't use them anymore, so want to let go. interested please PM me, i am letting go at $1.5 each, outside should be selling $3 brand new.

btw, mine are all black
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:39 pm

s-killer wrote:
bro, if u r interesting in those tubes, i do have 8 of them in my store room.

after i change my grip to medium size, i can't use them anymore, so want to let go. interested please PM me, i am letting go at $1.5 each, outside should be selling $3 brand new.

btw, mine are all black

Aiya! I was going to ask this question. Medium size grip really cannot?
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:56 am

yes sir, medium size grip cannot fit in those tubes. you want to try? i can pass some to you
Back to top Go down
handiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:36 am

I have been using these tubes for sometime. I like them cos they are neat and won't pull and tear the seams in your bag on occasions.
I only put 6 -8 in my bag though cos they takeup some space.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:53 am

I u unstand it is not adviceable to use these tubes if u using graphit shafts as it may cut the shafts.. Its ok for steel shaft
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tubes for graphite shafts   tubes for graphite shafts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tubes for graphite shafts
Page 1 of 1