Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9

Go down 
+11
Steffan
weesern
kopiO
Golfnuts
Duval_S
shotah
SIMBA
Lamts18
Khorkar
hardrock
Technospaz
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 pm

There is one at BFG... go there and try it out and see if you like it... the head is heavier than the Burner..
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:21 pm

That's what I'm driving at.....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:33 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
There is one at BFG... go there and try it out and see if you like it... the head is heavier than the Burner..

That's what tempted me in the first place. I tried it out with the Graman shaft and loved it. Lam's right... it's heavier and more solid. I'm not sure about the adjustability though... I think it's a nice to have but I don't think I'll spend a lot of time tinkering with it so I may end up paying for a feature which I won't appreciate.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:54 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:

That's what tempted me in the first place. I tried it out with the Graman shaft and loved it. Lam's right... it's heavier and more solid. I'm not sure about the adjustability though... I think it's a nice to have but I don't think I'll spend a lot of time tinkering with it so I may end up paying for a feature which I won't appreciate.

Its still at the same N setting for me as well as for the stock weight configuration..dont want to fiddle with it when its working well... i think the shaft plays a more important role than the head.. unless you're talking about Tour issue heads..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:57 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:

Its still at the same N setting for me as well as for the stock weight configuration..dont want to fiddle with it when its working well... i think the shaft plays a more important role than the head.. unless you're talking about Tour issue heads..

Yeah, so the head is pretty good. Current price for the R9 460 is $449, I think. Or it may just be for the plain vanilla R9.
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Is it still there? tot its sold coz i didn't see it when i was there on monday..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:59 pm

siaw8 wrote:
Is it still there? tot its sold coz i didn't see it when i was there on monday..

Sold? I thought it belonged to someone.
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 3:02 pm

Oppsss... i tot it was for sale... oh well..
Back to top Go down
shaugn
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
shaugn

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Just thought i'd share a pretty good review of the R9 460. They also have the review of the R9 TP elsewhere on the site. And the Mizuno MX700s as well which are quite well reviewed.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=3249

I think the benefit of the adjustability is it allows the club to evolve with your swing. I mean, ultimately if you have problems with your swing, you'll try to cure those problems eventually. If you perpetually slice the ball off the tee, chances are your iron shots tend to go right as well.

If you now buy a draw bias driver to combat a slice, you'll have to change drivers again once you get rid of that problem.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:52 pm

shaugn wrote:
Just thought i'd share a pretty good review of the R9 460. They also have the review of the R9 TP elsewhere on the site. And the Mizuno MX700s as well which are quite well reviewed.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=3249

I think the benefit of the adjustability is it allows the club to evolve with your swing. I mean, ultimately if you have problems with your swing, you'll try to cure those problems eventually. If you perpetually slice the ball off the tee, chances are your iron shots tend to go right as well.

If you now buy a draw bias driver to combat a slice, you'll have to change drivers again once you get rid of that problem.

Thanks, shaugn! Smile
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:12 pm

suggest you check the specs again... the only additional adjustability in the R9 Max is just one weight, i.e. you can only vary the swing weight on top of the FCT at most....

Last edited by kopiO on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:13 pm

quite a good comparison between r9 max and r9 460 here.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/Taylormade-Japan-R9-Max-Driver-with-FCT
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:39 pm

kopiO wrote:
quite a good comparison between r9 max and r9 460 here.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/Taylormade-Japan-R9-Max-Driver-with-FCT

Great link, kopiO. It not only shows the diff between the R9 Max and R9 460, it also shows the diff between the R9 and R9 Max. Awesome. I'm quite keen to pick one up and this helps Smile
Back to top Go down
shaugn
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
shaugn

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:51 am

Thanks for the link kopiO! Looks like the R9 max is the way to go! Taylormade
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9   TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TaylorMade Burner '09, Tour Burner or R9
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3