Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shaft flex: Japan vs US

Go down 
+4
DGman
cmclee
Cyp_PGA
Juzme
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Juzme
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Juzme

Shaft flex: Japan vs US Empty
PostSubject: Shaft flex: Japan vs US   Shaft flex: Japan vs US I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi.

Bit of a newbie quesiton: since manufacturers have slight differences in their shaft, as a general rule, how does a Japan "S" compared to a US "R"? Equal, Japan "S" slightly stiffer or slight more flex than US?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Shaft flex: Japan vs US   Shaft flex: Japan vs US I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:58 pm

We always say that japanese stif is regular us . i mean that japanese flex is lest stiff
Back to top Go down
Juzme
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Juzme

PostSubject: Re: Shaft flex: Japan vs US   Shaft flex: Japan vs US I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 2:37 pm

Cyp_PGA, thanks for the reply.

I have a Taylor Made 5 rescue with TM M.A.S2 - 55 Flex S. Looks like Japan shaft since some Japanese characters. It feels stiffer than my TM irons with US "R" shaft though. I like that shaft and looking for something similar in other clubs. So getting a US "R" would come close? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Shaft flex: Japan vs US   Shaft flex: Japan vs US I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:27 pm

yeah but maybe wait a day or 2 kestion whait the pro will answer u kestion better than me . askthe guy the weight and the torque n the bend
Back to top Go down
cmclee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
cmclee

PostSubject: Re: Shaft flex: Japan vs US   Shaft flex: Japan vs US I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 10:30 pm

I find the US specs a bit heavier. Did a comparison between the Fujikura Motore F1. The US made one was a few grams heavier (somehow).
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Shaft flex: Japan vs US   Shaft flex: Japan vs US I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:48 am

different brands have different ways of marketing their products...

its fair to say that most brands have different specs range for US and Asian products (Jap specs is the benchmark cos its also the biggest market outside the US). but there are exceptions.

brand A - US specs tends to use heavier shafts and true to specs flex, while lighter shafts and softer flex is used for the Japanese market. R for US plays to about 238 cpm (regular) with R for japanese flex plays to about 228 cpm (A flex).

brand B - US specs and Japanese specs are idenitical. the only difference is the type of shaft used for each market. Eg, Speeder for the US market and Type F Rombax for the Japanese Market. In some cases, there will be unique models available only for the Japanese Market, but not the other way round.

can you guess what is brand A and brand B?

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Shaft flex: Japan vs US   Shaft flex: Japan vs US I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:54 am

A- Titleist or TM

B- Callaway.

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Juzme
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Juzme

PostSubject: Re: Shaft flex: Japan vs US   Shaft flex: Japan vs US I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:20 am

Wah, now I'm even more confused.......
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Shaft flex: Japan vs US   Shaft flex: Japan vs US I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 6:21 pm

I guess there's no fixed guide then. Have to really try out and 'feel' the swing, no matter
s or r. Smile
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Shaft flex: Japan vs US   Shaft flex: Japan vs US I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:44 pm

my experience so far,

TM falls in brand A, and Mizuno brand B...

Juzme, since u know what u want, must as well go to a clubfitter. if u dig out some of the previous post, the answer is basically there is no real standard or rule of thumb...
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Shaft flex: Japan vs US   Shaft flex: Japan vs US I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 6:33 pm

If I have a big body, fast tempo and my ball flight hook sometime... this had been my swing for the pass 2 years...

I'm trying to slow down my swing and go for R Flex... is it possible? My worry is that no matter how I slow down still the tempo go fast... ( Need to slow down my swing to protect my back... Smile )

Also, NS PRO S Flex will it feel like a DG R Flex? Cos thinking of getting a new irons, something light and easier shaft for my recovering back ( instructed by Doctor )...
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Shaft flex: Japan vs US   Shaft flex: Japan vs US I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:52 pm

??? Anyone can answer on my question???

NS Pro 950 S Flex does it feel like DG R Flex? Of cos just on the flex itself cos I'm hoping to get a lighter shaft... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaft flex: Japan vs US   Shaft flex: Japan vs US I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shaft flex: Japan vs US
Page 1 of 1