Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Firm Flex shaft.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Firm Flex shaft.   Empty
PostSubject: Firm Flex shaft.    Firm Flex shaft.   I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 4:22 pm

What driver shaft is available in firm flex and 75 g of weight? 

So far I only know matrix makes this flex.
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

Firm Flex shaft.   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firm Flex shaft.    Firm Flex shaft.   I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 4:48 pm

superputt, flex doesn't mean anything. You have to be more specific with kickpoints, torque, etc... there are a lot of shafts available in the 75g range you're looking for +-4g. Best to take the shaft you're referring to a fitter and have him recommend other shafts that has similar characteristics, then you have to try it to see if it is what you're looking for. There is no standards in golf for identifying shaft flex, so a firm flex from one manufacturer could be regular or stiff flex with another manufacturer and so on. 

I do remember Callaway had 'firm' flex which was in between their regular and stiff flex, not sure of others.
Back to top Go down
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Firm Flex shaft.   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firm Flex shaft.    Firm Flex shaft.   I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 11:21 am

It has nothing do with fitting, blablabla (what fits my swing, etc).  I just want to know if any other shaft companies make firm flex other than Matrix.

I know flex standards are different.  That's why there is a frequency machine to measure shaft cpm.  You'll get a rough estimate how stiff the shaft is.   I've learned this a long time ago from my club fitter.
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

Firm Flex shaft.   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firm Flex shaft.    Firm Flex shaft.   I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 2:20 pm

Sorry mate, didn't understand your question. You're simply looking for shafts that has "firm" stamped on it & in 75g? Might be easier to search for a shaft with 245 - 250cpm which seems like the spec for Matrix "firm" shafts, but then again we may be getting in to the fitting discussion which you're already aware of. Wink

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Firm Flex shaft.   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firm Flex shaft.    Firm Flex shaft.   I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:24 pm

the question is really simple mate... but you make it too complex (by answering "go see a club fitter", "frequency", etc). 

Are there any shaft companies that make a firm flex other than Matrix?

Do I need to speak klingon language? LOL!
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Firm Flex shaft.   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firm Flex shaft.    Firm Flex shaft.   I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:32 pm

I have not seen Firm flexes. Maybe a SR caN be deemed as Firm.
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

Firm Flex shaft.   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firm Flex shaft.    Firm Flex shaft.   I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:12 pm

superputt wrote:
the question is really simple mate... but you make it too complex (by answering "go see a club fitter", "frequency", etc). 

No need to use Klingon just have to speak google! LMFAO
Found lots of firm flex shafts when I asked Mr. google nicely.
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

Firm Flex shaft.   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firm Flex shaft.    Firm Flex shaft.   I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 9:09 pm

superputt wrote:

Superputt, I thought I was helping as firm flex is not so common these days. I did mention that Callaway used to make them on my original answer. As Flashpacker mentioned SR shafts would be the next best thing, then again we'd deviate from your question. Sorry mate, all good?  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Firm Flex shaft.   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firm Flex shaft.    Firm Flex shaft.   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Firm Flex shaft.
Page 1 of 1