Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Free Relief from Flower Bed???

Go down 
+28
TourSwing
TDO
tronos
Derek
dmateo
duffader
thehacker
freedrop
pushslice
pretty woman
zhenxua
Technospaz
jaketang
Birdman
shorthitter
novicegolfer
Khorkar
lennylim
Agumon
Ssquirrel
siaw8
slinger
Right_sided_coach
mervyntan
Lamts18
ghoonk
shotah
mUAr_cHEe
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Just to clarify local rules for Marina Bay

Flower beds are entitled to free relief, there is no need to retrieve the ball.

However, there is nothing to stop players from deciding that flower beds are considered hazrds, which is a much more fair way to play.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 3:19 pm

But if cannot see the ball but 100% sure the ball when in ... How? Rake the flower bed to find the ball but don't need to retrieve to protect the flowers?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Derek wrote:
Just to clarify local rules for Marina Bay

Flower beds are entitled to free relief, there is no need to retrieve the ball.

However, there is nothing to stop players from deciding that flower beds are considered hazrds, which is a much more fair way to play.
If club ruling says flower bed is free drop without the need to retrieve the ball then golfers have to following, unless it's their own ruling when big bets are involved. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 3:35 pm

If the club says do not retrieve the ball , then you don't go in and retrieve the ball .. thats simple! The club does not want the flower beds damaged, and hence a sign that implies DO NOT ENTER cheers
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:10 pm

Don't need to retrieve = don't need to see? My flight mate say if cannot see the ball considered lost ball. Myself I auto drop at point of entry until he told me so. This is a 2 stroke swing
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Wah.. that means the ball on that short par 4 earlier in marina bay which hooked to the left is considered my second shot.

Considering that is not a penalty, and i shot a par with a stroke penalty, that means it just transformed to a birdie for me.... hoo hooo.....
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:19 pm

tronos wrote:
Don't need to retrieve = don't need to see? My flight mate say if cannot see the ball considered lost ball. Myself I auto drop at point of entry until he told me so. This is a 2 stroke swing

As long as you are sure it entered the flower bed, you are entitled to free relief.

Please note this is MBGC local rule only, developed for Pace of Play purposes. In a serious tournament, we will consider setting up flower beds as hazards.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Derek, even if ball nt found in flower bed also free relief???

Thot ball must be found?
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:22 pm

Begbie wrote:
Wah.. that means the ball on that short par 4 earlier in marina bay which hooked to the left is considered my second shot.

Considering that is not a penalty, and i shot a par with a stroke penalty, that means it just transformed to a birdie for me.... hoo hooo.....

Sigh, I knew I was playing with a buaya just now.... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:25 pm

ball need not be found.

Like I said, as long as you are sure it went into the flower bed.

As this rule is open to interpretation and abuse, when betting, it is much more fair to treat flower beds as hazards.

Also, please note difference between flower beds and the low trees on right side of hole 4. No free relief there, play as it lies or declare unplayable.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:31 pm

blee2007 wrote:
Begbie wrote:

pig last few games, I felt more like the pig... hahaa..

Anyways, it was a good game followed by a hearty lunch and TCSS....

Thanks for organising the game bro...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Begbie wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
Begbie wrote:

Welcome.. i promise this sunday's game, I will be more serious... ROFL
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:38 pm

blee2007 wrote:
Begbie wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
Begbie wrote:

Its holiday golf bro.. If i haven't had a wager with Dave, it will be a different story too.. Now that I found out that my par just transformed to a birdie, I have to let him know that he just lost by 1 hole as we were on level for the whole 18.... hooo hoooo!!!!
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:39 pm

and you never buy chicken wings.. hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Begbie wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
Begbie wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
Begbie wrote:

Its holiday golf bro.. If i haven't had a wager with Dave, it will be a different story too.. Now that I found out that my par just transformed to a birdie, I have to let him know that he just lost by 1 hole as we were on level for the whole 18.... hooo hoooo!!!!

OMG.. I'm so happy till I forgot I already won him that hole.. So its still a level game coz he bogeyed that hole.. no blood still .. SHUCKS!11
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:42 pm

blee2007 wrote:
and you never buy chicken wings.. hahahahahaha

Haha... thats true... this Sunday I buy ok?
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Still...... never buy chicken wings.... see my earlier post... What a Face

Sunday chicken wings on you... hahahahahhahaha
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:43 pm

asahi wrote:
Derek, even if ball nt found in flower bed also free relief???

Thot ball must be found?

As Derek said for MBGC ... Ball need not be sighted / found etc ... free relief as long as you and your flightmates are in agreement the ball went somewhere in there ... after all, golf is a gentleman's game, and rules are made keeping that in mind! Very Happy

oh and even if you see your ball, you are not supposed to go in and get it etc ... preserve the flowerbeds and we'll do the grounds ppl a favor!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:49 pm

Derek wrote:
ball need not be found.

Like I said, as long as you are sure it went into the flower bed.

As this rule is open to interpretation and abuse, when betting, it is much more fair to treat flower beds as hazards.

Also, please note difference between flower beds and the low trees on right side of hole 4. No free relief there, play as it lies or declare unplayable.

derek, if treated as hazards, then it mean take one stroke penalty and drop ball within two club length no shorter to the hole?

or can go all the way back to tee box while keeping a straight line to the hole?
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Whats TCSS??
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:54 pm

TCSS = talk cock sing song
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free Relief from Flower Bed???
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4