Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Free Relief from Flower Bed???

Go down 
+28
TourSwing
TDO
tronos
Derek
dmateo
duffader
thehacker
freedrop
pushslice
pretty woman
zhenxua
Technospaz
jaketang
Birdman
shorthitter
novicegolfer
Khorkar
lennylim
Agumon
Ssquirrel
siaw8
slinger
Right_sided_coach
mervyntan
Lamts18
ghoonk
shotah
mUAr_cHEe
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
novicegolfer
Qualified Referee
Qualified Referee

Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:04 am

Addressing your 1st query, if he dropped and played from that area, he'd played from a wrong place. Hence, it is a serious breach under R20-7 and required to correct his error before playing from the next teeing ground. Or otherwise, will be DQed.

Your 2nd question on VIRTUALLY CERTAIN. It implies that self-declaration is NOT sufficient or adequate. There must be other independent party to testify and witness the incident. The key word here is "CERTAIN". That's why you could always see in the TV that an Rule Official or a Referee will gather additional facts from the player, his marker, fellow-competitor, or opponent and even by-standers.
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:18 am

novicegolfer wrote:
Addressing your 1st query, if he dropped and played from that area, he'd played from a wrong place. Hence, it is a serious breach under R20-7 and required to correct his error before playing from the next teeing ground. Or otherwise, will be DQed.

Your 2nd question on VIRTUALLY CERTAIN. It implies that self-declaration is NOT sufficient or adequate. There must be other independent party to testify and witness the incident. The key word here is "CERTAIN". That's why you could always see in the TV that an Rule Official or a Referee will gather additional facts from the player, his marker, fellow-competitor, or opponent and even by-standers.

Wow... R20-7 is another whole gamut of rules in itself.
Thanks very much for your clarifications.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 3:05 pm

I got problems with my media card transfer right now.

But the sign reads,"Flower Beds are G.U.R. Play prohitbited - Do not enter. Free relief must be taken under rule 25-1."
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 3:50 pm

MC,

If that is the case, then you may just have earn a PAR that you've wanted.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 3:57 pm

Score Card is already submitted and money is already paid. Too bad.

Besides, it would still have been a defeat. Instead of a 5 and 4, it will be 4 and 3.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 4:30 pm

Marina Bay is different, the flower beds there are environmental areas, they give you free relief because they DO NOT want you to go in and disturb the area.

It basically is a local rule saying if your ball goes in take a free drop. But dont go in and look for it.

As for flower beds elsewhere, that also is up to the course, I have played where they say tough luck you hit it there, you play it.

Others are defined as Hazards, the score card should say.

Laguna for example the card states Free relief from Flower beds marked with "Flower Bed" sign....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 4:33 pm

shorthitter wrote:
Marina Bay is different, the flower beds there are environmental areas, they give you free relief because they DO NOT want you to go in and disturb the area.

Crap. And I tried to take some shots in the Flower Bed. BTW, they have recently chopped all the tall grass in the flower beds. We can now take a stroll in it and find some balls. I found a Pro V1, took my next tee shot with it and it ended in the water. Dang ol' golf superstition.
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:42 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Score Card is already submitted and money is already paid. Too bad.

Besides, it would still have been a defeat. Instead of a 5 and 4, it will be 4 and 3.

hey, innocent until proven guilty.
at least no one can call you a cheat anymore... altho i'm sure it was all just friendly banter amongst u guys.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Likewise, at least you are proven to be right... Good thing that you posted this, I would have taken penalty as well in yr case. Now I learn.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 6:12 pm

lenny, since your flightmates found your ball u can claim free relief to hit your 2nd shot, IF your ball was not to be found, my question to you "where would u claim free relief (where u drop your ball for your 2nd shot)?

Hole 17, short par 4, about 280-300m, left side flowerbed from tee to about 30m off the green, right bunker at 200m with water hazard as well........ since we cant go in to find our ball, how to u know where to drop....

if i really need this hole, i will die die play left towards the flower bed, take the whole right side out of play, then with my distance off the tee, claim free relief at abt the 50m mark, making par will be easy.....to much indignation of my flightmates
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 6:31 pm

haha. that day when my flight mate (opponent some more!) found my ball, it was quite near where i was about to drop my 2nd ball, which is about 100m marker. i had to shoot through some tall trees to have access to the pin. that day pin was tucked left side of the green, red pin and i could see it. if it was center or on the right side, i probably won't have a direct shot at it. i did make GIR with a PW but missed my birdie putt. still it allowed us to win 2-1.

if one tees off left or left of centre, then opting to take relief (whether ball found or not) from GUR, then one has to contend with trees, not necessarily a clear shot to attack the pin, depending on pin location.

i don't drive that long, usually can't reach the bunker from the tee.

but for you looonnngg hitter, its probably advantageous to go left take the bunker and water out of play. this is course mgmt isn't it? playing to your advantage, and your flight mates could well do the same, if they know the course, and the rules, of course.
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 6:48 pm

slinger, looking at hole 17 again...
Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 Hole17

if u opt to go left, and ball is lost in GUR, which is the white area (inverted "C" outline) opp the bunker, u hv to take free relief from where it last enter the GUR, which means u can't drop in front of the inverted "C", 50m to the green.

Also, if ball ends up waaay left, and can be found, nearest pt of relief could be left fairway/rough of hole 16 (par 5)
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:14 pm

slinger wrote:
lenny, since your flightmates found your ball u can claim free relief to hit your 2nd shot, IF your ball was not to be found, my question to you "where would u claim free relief (where u drop your ball for your 2nd shot)?

Hole 17, short par 4, about 280-300m, left side flowerbed from tee to about 30m off the green, right bunker at 200m with water hazard as well........ since we cant go in to find our ball, how to u know where to drop....

if i really need this hole, i will die die play left towards the flower bed, take the whole right side out of play, then with my distance off the tee, claim free relief at abt the 50m mark, making par will be easy.....to much indignation of my flightmates

The point is you are not supposed to find your ball, you are not supposed to enter... which is why they give free relief.... of course point of entry is the place to drop.... afro
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 8:14 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Crap. And I tried to take some shots in the Flower Bed. BTW, they have recently chopped all the tall grass in the flower beds. We can now take a stroll in it and find some balls. I found a Pro V1, took my next tee shot with it and it ended in the water. Dang ol' golf superstition.

i can post picture.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 8:44 pm

its not about whether i am right. but to clarify so that we all will not lose out in the future.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:53 pm

actually, after tee-off, shd declare the ball MIGHT be in flowerbed, n ask for free relief at the 100m, 90m or 80m which all agree b4 driving off the buggy..... (as SH pointed out, point of entry)

btw, personally think that area shd be marked as hazard rather than flowerbed

on most cases, i only use 3w or 5w for this hole, just aim at the right bunker..... me not a cheongster
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Anyway, I check with a rule expert today. He says that the lost ball rule will take precedence in offical rules. As for MBGC, if there is a offical touranment, they will have to mark the flower beds as hazards as mentioned by Slinger earlier if they do not want anybody to be going in to search for ball.

Nevetheless, MC deserved the par, it was not easy putting the ball GIR from where he was. Anyway, for our next match, i think we will declare all flower beds as hazards to make things more exciting. Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 8:56 am

Still 4 and 3... still a loss.

97 become 95...

nevertheless.. shot 89 with siaw8 yesterday..

heehee...

Last edited by mUAr_cHEe on Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:07 am

Cool... i shot a 87 at warrren and it was because of a stupid 9 on a par 5. lets arrange again. Maybe this time we can get agumon in too. THen we play all flower bed consider hazard. Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:22 pm

Here is the situation. This one is real situation. Not a posed incident.

Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 4218422920_4b49cb9572

This is a close up of the sign.

Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 4217653857_01b9492729
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Pretty straight forward, plus there are huge mother snakes in there... Aussie Pro used to work at MB said he has never seen so many snakes....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:37 pm

SH, sure or not, huge mother snakes, i go pee in there all the time...... nb, where to pee now
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:50 pm

Don worry Slinger, when you pee, the huge mother snakes saw your father snake and show respect, that's why you never kena bitten.

ROFL
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:58 pm

slinger wrote:
SH, sure or not, huge mother snakes, i go pee in there all the time...... nb, where to pee now

I guess now they doing building next door they have to go somewhere.. but he say he saw many... out of the top ten most poison snakes in the worls Oz has the top ten, so if an Ozzie says too many snakes you no there are a few.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Birdman wrote:
Don worry Slinger, when you pee, the huge mother snakes saw your father snake and show respect, that's why you never kena bitten.

ROFL

HAHAHAHAHAH, you're damn terrible, man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Relief from Flower Bed???   Free Relief from Flower Bed??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free Relief from Flower Bed???
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next