Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment

Go down 
+4
pushslice
nientsu
Technospaz
botak
8 posters
AuthorMessage
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment Empty
PostSubject: Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment   Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Thursday, November 5, 2009
By Jason Sobel
ESPN.com

Ryan Moore, who has made headlines as the PGA Tour's only "logo-free" player in recent years, has signed a deal with Scratch Golf in which he will not only use their equipment, but become part owner of the company.

A five-year tour pro, Moore takes over an equity ownership role with the company and has various performance incentives built into his contract. In exchange, he will use irons and wedges from Scratch Golf, while also wearing its logo on his clothing and golf bag.

Despite many offers, the recent Wyndham Championship winner did not previously have an endorsement deal for anything other than his golf ball and glove.

"He spent this year working with this equipment and trying to find what would help him win," said his father, Mike Moore, who along with Ryan's brother Jeremy helps run his son's business operations. "He really liked the vision and thought [Scratch Golf] was onto something that would be a good fit for him. He would not have signed with them if he didn't think they gave him the best opportunity to succeed."

Moore is currently competing at the WGC-HSBC Champions tournament in Shanghai and wasn't immediately available for comment. He opened with a first-round 6-under 66 for a share of second place, two strokes behind leader Nick Watney.

Currently 30th on the PGA Tour money list, Moore used Scratch Golf clubs in each of his last two U.S. appearances, finishing tied for seventh at the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open and tied for eighth at the Frys.com Open.

"He feels we give him the best opportunity to succeed and we feel that he will help us get our name out there," Ari Techner, president and CEO of Scratch Golf, said. "Having a spokesman out on the PGA Tour, carrying our bag and wearing our logo, being the face of the company, is really going to be important for us. We want to get our name out there. We don't do any traditional advertising. I'm not sure there's anyone else on tour we would have considered. It's really a win-win for everybody."

Techner said terms of the deal have yet to be finalized, but that Moore will have an "active" role with the company.

"It's not about money -- it wasn't going into the year and it isn't now," Mike Moore added. "It's about aligning himself with products that befit his game. ... He has a way that he enjoys looking and a way that he enjoys playing the game. He's a very unique individual and he feels it's important to be true to himself."

Ryan Moore is among the most decorated amateur players of the past half-century. While at UNLV in 2004, he won the U.S. Amateur, U.S. Public Links, NCAA championship, Western Amateur and Sahalee Players Championship. He also was a four-time NCAA All-America and low amateur at the 2005 Masters.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4626837
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment   Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:48 pm

I respect Moore for his refusal to be tied to any one brand but I think it's silly. I'm not money-crazy but part of the benefits in turning pro is the sponsorship and there's a lot of $ in that. Oh well, for what it's worth, he's admirable Smile
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment   Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:59 pm

I think its a bit different, now that he partailly owns the company. He has stake interest in it, and is not just a sponsored player.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment   Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:33 pm

Anyone game scratch wedges here? Seems like that there is quite a bit of die-hard following in the US if you check GolfWrx forums..
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment   Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Where can we get scratch wedges here?
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment   Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:57 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Where can we get scratch wedges here?

somewhere

Last edited by mervyntan on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sensitive)
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment   Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:25 pm

where is somewhere?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment   Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Can go torque golf. They have scratch. I tried it, personally, I dont really like it. I would either buy Miuras or Ikasus, or just settle with stock vokeys or 'clevages'
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment   Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:28 pm

was gonna say laguna but then not sure whether he is the agent so edited my post.
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment   Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:33 pm

http://scratchgolf.com/international-dealers/

SINGAPORE (REGIONAL DISTRIBUTOR)
Torque Golf Pte Ltd
11, Laguna Golf Green (Level 2, Driving Range) Laguna National Golf &
Country Club Singapore 488047
+65-6543-0288
Email: sales@torquegolf.com
Web: www.torquegolf.com
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment   Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:41 pm

he is!!
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment   Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 4:20 pm

Scratch wedges comes in a variety of grinds, and it is important to find the right grind for the course conditions you play in. Best way is to borrow a couple of different grinds from the shop and test them on different courses, then you know what works and what doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment   Moore to use Scratch Golf equipment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1