Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NSRCC weekend morning games

Go down 
+7
Rafj
brendanzhuo
dimpledgolfball
Turbo
yogibear
renode
milkem
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

NSRCC weekend morning games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:52 pm

milkem wrote:
Rafj wrote:

Haha,
what time is your flight? Will be playing with a pro on Sunday.
See ya.
Cheers

Elite player playing with Pro! This will be the flight to watch! I am on the 818 10th, heng you are not the flight behind us hahaha otherwise, we will be damn stressed! And you will be damn pekchek... ROFL
Haha, no lah..far from elite.....social weekend warrior niah.......will be 3 flights ahead of you. see you then, Cheers
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 6:35 pm

pocketace wrote:
Guess you have not heard of a 'mafia' controlling queue number for manual q at Nsrcc 

When I heard about that, I was like ....

Things are not so black and white in this world

Hahah

Revisiting a thread from a year ago.

I just camped in front of my computer and loaded the booking page at precisely 6:00pm (NSRCC system time). I could not manage to get any flight, despite no system hanging or freezing. They were simply gone within 30 seconds. By 6.01pm, I had put myself on the waitlist, and my Q number was 38.

Absolutely ridiculous. It just simply cannot physically be possible for every single slot to have been booked on the internet within 30 seconds of opening!
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 9:42 pm

Wow bro
You are still persevering!

In truth nsrcc changi weekend morning flights are a bit of a unicorn (or you be part of the committee) 
You need to be part of a big group. If there are just a handful of you guys clicking on Thursday evening 6pm, can forget about it lah

You need to be part of a 20-30 players group and everyone tries
Usually my observation is office network tends to be slower (firewalls?)
Also no guarantee but I have better luck if I log in from home 

Kranji is your best bet
Or like me, suck it up and buy another club 
I've pretty much written nsrcc off
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 10:26 pm

milkem wrote:
pocketace wrote:
Guess you have not heard of a 'mafia' controlling queue number for manual q at Nsrcc 

When I heard about that, I was like ....

Things are not so black and white in this world

Hahah

Revisiting a thread from a year ago.

I just camped in front of my computer and loaded the booking page at precisely 6:00pm (NSRCC system time). I could not manage to get any flight, despite no system hanging or freezing. They were simply gone within 30 seconds. By 6.01pm, I had put myself on the waitlist, and my Q number was 38.

Absolutely ridiculous. It just simply cannot physically be possible for every single slot to have been booked on the internet within 30 seconds of opening!

Mike,

not that bad lah. our usual Sunday morning group gets 2 flights weekly. There's only 4-5 of us trying and we usually secure at least 1 in Kranji and we get 1 more from the waitlist by calling in the next morning.

From what i know, you can't place yourself on waitlist for Sundays until Saturday morning @9am.

BUT if you want to guarantee a flight in Changi, you need to physically go queue on Friday evenings.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 1:17 pm

pocketace wrote:
Wow bro
You are still persevering!

In truth nsrcc changi weekend morning flights are a bit of a unicorn (or you be part of the committee) 
You need to be part of a big group. If there are just a handful of you guys clicking on Thursday evening 6pm, can forget about it lah

You need to be part of a 20-30 players group and everyone tries
Usually my observation is office network tends to be slower (firewalls?)
Also no guarantee but I have better luck if I log in from home 

Kranji is your best bet
Or like me, suck it up and buy another club 
I've pretty much written nsrcc off

I was on the verge of buying Seletar as it's closest to my place, and then I heard even worse horror stories about people going at 4am to queue up to book when the golf desk opens at 730am.

There are a few issues that I have with the situation:

Most of the slots are being taken up by retirees who are able to book in person on Thur/Fri 5pm. This kinda infuriates me, as this group of gentlemen are precisely the demographic who have the freedom and time to play on weekdays. It is those who are still in full employment who have very little opportunity to play weekdays, and have to pay more to play on weekends.

Afterall, isn't golf supposed to be a gentleman's game? Doesn't seem very gentlemanly to me, especially the group that gets everyone to book as many flights as possible, AND THEN look for people to fill those bookings.

if you don't mind me asking, which club did you end up buying and how's the booking situation there?

Last edited by milkem on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Rafj wrote:
Mike,

not that bad lah. our usual Sunday morning group gets 2 flights weekly. There's only 4-5 of us trying and we usually secure at least 1 in Kranji and we get 1 more from the waitlist by calling in the next morning.

From what i know, you can't place yourself on waitlist for Sundays until Saturday morning @9am.

BUT if you want to guarantee a flight in Changi, you need to physically go queue on Friday evenings.

Cheers

Physically queue on Friday evenings also doesn't guarantee a flight, apparently. There are those from the group I mentioned before, who go there in the morning and spend the whole day there queuing. Some bring their maids to help them queue while they chill somewhere. Bordering on ridiculous.

Some would say to me - "LL, suck thumb. Got money, go buy Sentosa or SICC and play anytime you want." But personally, I think that's beside the point. I think the system is being gamed, and others are being put at a disadvantage because of that. The club has the power to introduce by-laws to ensure fairness to all paying members. However... there are some on the golf committee who are also part of this said mafia group, as told to me by a very reliable internal source.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Actually, I dun really have any problems booking Sat Kranji morning flights on the internet. You need to have the know how to do so. Most of the time, I will say 90% of the time, I can get a flight.....my kakis called me pro booker
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 10:01 pm

But trying to book for nsrcc changi on Saturday morning game is still a bit of a unicorn at 6pm Thursday 
Maybe 0914 can try... 
it's still a bit of a demand - supply situation Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NSRCC weekend morning games
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2