Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NSRCC weekend morning games

Go down 
+7
Rafj
brendanzhuo
dimpledgolfball
Turbo
yogibear
renode
milkem
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

NSRCC weekend morning games Empty
PostSubject: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 6:31 pm

Any fellow NSRCC members have any issues trying to book weekend morning games? I have been trying to book them online for months now, and never been successful. Every single slot is snapped up within seconds of the online system opening at 6pm on Friday evening. Absolutely preposterous to be honest.
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 7:55 pm

Yes, even joining flight as 1 ball is a problem.
Back to top Go down
yogibear
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
yogibear

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 7:10 am

you may still get a chance at kranji.....

A lot of weekend morning flights at Changi are "reserved" for corporate, committee, the rest of the remaining ones will be booked by the very enthu group of retirees (group of 40+ golfers) who camp at nsrcc for the entire day on Friday to queue just to book the wkend morning flights.  

whatever is left is opened up friday evening.....

I just gave up trying and join flights.... much easier to get a round. But not much fun if you are not with your kakis or different standards.....
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 11:40 am

Luckily I didn't sign up as a member when my friends tried to coax me to do so. Be a weekday term member in this case made more sense. But not many can take leave so often unless he is an Employer.

Last edited by Turbo on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 10:12 am

Good call Turbo.

To a certain extent, I am regretting now. Most of my kakis can only play weekend mornings due to family commitments, and there is simply next to no chance of getting any weekend morning slots unless there was a cancellation.
Back to top Go down
dimpledgolfball
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 11:44 am

Is it a norm for clubs to have cap on the number of members? Seems like NSRCC doesn't have any cap.
Back to top Go down
brendanzhuo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 8:53 pm

The most effective cap is for them to raise the term membership fee. But we wouldn't want that either  right? Haha
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 11:01 pm

milkem wrote:
Any fellow NSRCC members have any issues trying to book weekend morning games? I have been trying to book them online for months now, and never been successful. Every single slot is snapped up within seconds of the online system opening at 6pm on Friday evening. Absolutely preposterous to be honest.
Bro,

if you don't mind Sunday mornings at Kranji, not that difficult to get lah.

WhatsApp me, you have my number.....:-P

Cheers
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 10:56 am

Rafj wrote:
Bro,

Cheers

Last Friday, by 6.05pm, all Sunday morning slots including Kranji were taken up. 10 minutes later at 6.15pm, there was a cancellation for 1 slot at Kranji, and I was lucky to have spotted it. Otherwise, no chance at all.

I'd like to play with you leh bro, but everytime I think about it, my heart beats too fast, don't think my heart can handle playing with elite players! Smile
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 10:57 am

Quote :
Thank you for your feedback received on Monday, 6th June 2016.

We understand your concerns surrounding this matter, and would like to inform you that internet bookings for Weekends and Public Holidays usually see more members logging into the system.
As advance booking open at 6pm, your PC could possibly freeze at that moment, due to the high volume of traffic at that point of time. Slots are available on a first come, first serve basis. So, within  5 -10 minutes the flights would definitely be fully booked. Given this situation, our advice to you would be to book in-person or via telephone. http://www.nsrcc.com.sg/golf/how-book

The in-person booking of Weekend and Public Holidays slots (for games on the following weeks) are opened nine (9) days in advance on Friday at 6pm on first come first served basis, and a queue number will be distributed from 5.30pm onwards. This in-person weekend booking regulation has been with the Club for many years.

By 5:30pm, it is compulsory that all bookers must be present in person and each will receive a queue number for them to proceed to book at 6pm.  The Club recorded a list of those who received queue number and could verify all were presence personally during that day. We do not accept proxy/multiple booking and the main booker of the flight must be presence at that time.

To avoid disappointment, you may consider queuing early for your weekend booking. Alternatively, Kranji weekend golf slots are always available for booking, offering a rural and peaceful layout for a different golfing experience.  

Please be assured there was no unfair booking, and we are monitoring the situation closely. Appropriate measures will be implemented if we notice any member with multiple bookings. We will not hesitate to take action and will recommend for disciplinary hearing, if anyone is found doing so.

The Club takes a serious view on this matter and will take swift action to rectify the situation should the investigation revealed any foul play by users. 

Thank again for your understanding.

This was the response I received from NSRCC
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 11:18 am

Guess you have not heard of a 'mafia' controlling queue number for manual q at Nsrcc 

When I heard about that, I was like ....

Things are not so black and white in this world

Hahah
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 12:47 pm

pocketace wrote:
Guess you have not heard of a 'mafia' controlling queue number for manual q at Nsrcc 

Hahah

Do share what this is about?
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 1:48 pm

Yes pls, no need to have names la, just describe the modus operandi?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 2:56 pm

milkem wrote:

I'd like to play with you leh bro, but everytime I think about it, my heart beats too fast, don't think my heart can handle playing with elite players! Smile
Bro, you can consider playing with me ... Your heartbeat for sure will not beat so fast ... Me no elite player ... Wink
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 3:02 pm

pocketace wrote:

Hahah

Yes they call him the Godfather lol!
Back to top Go down
etsk22
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
etsk22

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 3:11 pm

I've personally met a few of those retirees who physically queued for the slots as early as 7am every Fri morning till 5pm when the slots are open. They even have people to tapau lunch for them. At about 2plus 3pm, a group would have gathered by then. They really "work" for the slots. This is what I've been seeing on for at least the past 5-6yrs. When I first met, spoke to them and knew of this routine, I was shocked too. But this is really what's going on. Its crazy what these people would do just to play golf.

I was told manual queuing is only for the 1st half hour or 1st hour slots. The rest are still booked mainly via internet and few by telephones.

They don't literally queue in line. But sit there waiting around the registration area.

Don't believe what I say? Go to Changi NSRCC tomorrow morning at 730am and see if its real.

Only the captain flights and MinDef would have the powers to block a few flights at most.
Back to top Go down
dimpledgolfball
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 6:25 pm

wow. wait from 730am to 5pm. their passion for golf seems unparalleled.
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 6:48 pm

milkem wrote:
Rafj wrote:
Bro,

Cheers

Last Friday, by 6.05pm, all Sunday morning slots including Kranji were taken up. 10 minutes later at 6.15pm, there was a cancellation for 1 slot at Kranji, and I was lucky to have spotted it. Otherwise, no chance at all.

No need scared....we play very friendly and we are not as elite as your think....a few of the members here can vouch.....:-P

whatsapp me....:-D
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 7:55 pm

Thought I saw your bag at Kranji bag drop this morning, had a game?
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 8:42 pm

milkem wrote:
Thought I saw your bag at Kranji bag drop this morning, had a game?
Haha, yup....played 0825 from 1st tee. you played?
My kakis usually play Sunday AM there.....

you played? Should have texted me and we could have caught up over lunch....

:-)

May have a spare slot next sunday......quite a few kakis on holidays with their families....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 11:20 am

Rafj wrote:

May have a spare slot next sunday......quite a few kakis on holidays with their families....

Cheers

Ah, so that really was you! How was the game? Yeah, I was on 0853 from 10th tee. Got held up by the flights in front of us, we had teed off on our last hole, and waiting for the front 2 flights to clear so we could attack the Par5 9th, when the CAT1 siren went off Sad

I'll be there this Sunday AM too! A bro here on GR saw my SOS signal, and very kindly gave up his flight for me - very grateful to him Smile  Maybe can catch up with you this time
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 3:10 pm

milkem wrote:
Rafj wrote:

Cheers

Ah, so that really was you! How was the game? Yeah, I was on 0853 from 10th tee. Got held up by the flights in front of us, we had teed off on our last hole, and waiting for the front 2 flights to clear so we could attack the Par5 9th, when the CAT1 siren went off Sad

I'll be there this Sunday AM too! A bro here on GR saw my SOS signal, and very kindly gave up his flight for me - very grateful to him Smile  Maybe can catch up with you this time
Haha, game was so so...

attack the 9th? wow! that's unreachable for me, after good drive and 3 wood still left with 70m man....!

Anyway, playing 0750 on Sunday..........

Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 3:21 pm

Cos you play from blue mah! Play from white, a good drive with lotsa roll, plus another good fairway with lotsa roll, and some good luck... maybe can just tumble onto the front edge of the green! Hahha but suicidal la... poor course management Razz

Cya on Sunday!
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 4:36 pm

milkem wrote:
Cos you play from blue mah! Play from white, a good drive with lotsa roll, plus another good fairway with lotsa roll, and some good luck... maybe can just tumble onto the front edge of the green! Hahha but suicidal la... poor course management Razz

Cya on Sunday!
Haha,

what time is your flight? Will be playing with a pro on Sunday.

See ya.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:30 am

Rafj wrote:

Haha,
what time is your flight? Will be playing with a pro on Sunday.
See ya.
Cheers

Elite player playing with Pro! This will be the flight to watch! I am on the 818 10th, heng you are not the flight behind us hahaha otherwise, we will be damn stressed! And you will be damn pekchek... ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC weekend morning games   NSRCC weekend morning games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NSRCC weekend morning games
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next