Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I am guilty...sigh....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

I am guilty...sigh.... Empty
PostSubject: I am guilty...sigh....   I am guilty...sigh.... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 8:43 am

https://www.facebook.com/ICMSChairman/videos/1028042053887838/

titu

PS    Lets see if anybody else wants to confess
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I am guilty...sigh....   I am guilty...sigh.... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 9:38 am

Very true people who visit restaurant and coffee house karaoke bar will give tips generously whereas when he or she patronized at Hawker center no one bother to give to the poor old auntie uncle cleaner a dollar or two!

Last edited by iron eagle on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: I am guilty...sigh....   I am guilty...sigh.... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 10:04 am

Remember your trips to Bangkok, Vietnam, China, Cambodia...where you buy the souvenirs???
Back to top Go down
Joelwong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I am guilty...sigh....   I am guilty...sigh.... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 8:24 am

In some countries, it seems that the 'poor' vendors are the ones chopping people
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: I am guilty...sigh....   I am guilty...sigh.... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 4:21 pm

I usually will bargain to a price level seemed fair in value to the item I am buying. So I am guilty in that sense that I do bargain with these pitiful vendors. But having seen that video above, it hit me with much guilt as I did the same thing as that other character in the video. It is true we gave tips and sorts when I visited expensive eating places without any thoughts at all, without thinking of the other poor guy trying hard to just make a survivalist life.

Titu
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: I am guilty...sigh....   I am guilty...sigh.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 9:58 am

It actually depend on situation. If you are at a tourist attraction and buying things like clothings, or others, we tend to bargain because the asking price is almost always very high. But for food or drinks I usually don't bargain. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: I am guilty...sigh....   I am guilty...sigh.... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 8:21 pm

Come to think of it, food never has a place for bargaining TDO. If you bargain in the case of food, I dare not think what they might do to the food you ordered while preparing it behind your back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am guilty...sigh....   I am guilty...sigh.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am guilty...sigh....
Page 1 of 1