Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh Empty
PostSubject: Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh   Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:03 am

Happened to browse the paper this morning.....3 pros are suing Asian Tour. Because Asian Tour fine them for playing in the other tour (did I understand this correct ? )

so how....fair anot?

My personal view. Sue for what..not happy don play lor
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh   Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:06 am

every asian tour player who plays in One-Asia tournament has to pay US$5000. MM told me that when he played in Jakarta, he was down US$5000 when he tee up.

and the winnings is not counted on the Asian Tour Order of Merit.

luckily he won more than that to cover for his time and travel.

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh   Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:40 am

Take away the golf, this is common issue in the Marketplace. There is a distinct field of economics that study competition. Many countries have competition law, including spore. Players who believed such practices hinder fair competition may take the case to the competition commision of singapore. whether they risk outlash from asian tour, i dont know.

Is asian tour still a truly player's body or already evolved into a distinct company that runs the biz?
Back to top Go down
alenheng_cnx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh   Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:03 am

ahhh Invitee has pay 5000 $.or not?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cnxgolf.com
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh   Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:54 am

The Australians, Koreans and the Chinese use their local card to participate in one asia events and are exempt from the Asian Tour rule. when such events are held in thailand or indonesians, the local tour players in those countries are allow to use their local tour card and are therefore not in infringement of Asian Tour rules.

however in the case of Danny Chia and MM playing in the Thailand Open last week, they both had to pay the $5k penalty.

Asian Tour is all business. it does very little governance but everything from qualifying schools to tour events and sponsorship is run like a business. Unlike the R&A which governs, educate and promote the game of golf internationally. i have met a gentleman by the name of Tony Bennett who runs the PGAs of Europe and is also a board member of the R&A. i was surprise that they do a lot to assist golfing bodies worldwide in golf education and giving out grants from profit made from governance and organising the Open.

However in the long run, one asia will find it challenging if its base in australia, korea and china do not expand beyond local events. It current title sponsors tends to be localised and hence do no benefit from getting regional or international exposure. because of this, it we will not see many big events where the price money is in excess of $5 million mark.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
alenheng_cnx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh   Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:50 pm

Thanks Prof.Eric
Back to top Go down
http://www.cnxgolf.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh   Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asian Tour vs. One Asia.....fiasco again..sigh
Page 1 of 1