Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared

Go down 
+15
Joelwong
NY
leoie
InTheHole!
pocketace
xavierong71
flashpacker
oldie-newbie
Hogan
Turbo
weesern
Nam Flog
EdHCNg
hkhamateur
Jack321
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack321
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 2:43 pm

A staff from spga called me this afternoon & cfm coach no longer teaching at bishan range & coach will contact me. He did not tell me why suddenly coaching cease but tried to assure me this matter can be resolved. 

I asked him,
1. Why were none of the students informed after coaching at bishan range was ceased? We had made a wasted trip to the range to find out this news.
2. On a secondary note, what are we to do with the prepaid range ball cards? Range insisted that it will not refund us. My friends & I have 4 cards with more than $100 value remaining.
3. To date the coach sms to one of my fren that alternative training will be arranged but date & venue yet to be known. While the rest of us did not receive a reply from him at all. How are we suppose to plan our weekends over the next few months if alternative training dates, if there will b training at all, are not fixed? 

The spga staff replied that the coach will contact all students to resolve this. The phone conversation ended. Not very helpful at all. 

Against the recent news of skyfitness, Asia-euro tours & property firm suddenly closing down & running away with customers money & my this experience, I will really think twice before pre-paying for anything in future.
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 2:49 pm

good to hear, at least there are some progress.

I encountered people paying thousands for massage / nail packages and the the shop closed with absolutely no recourse.
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Jack321 wrote:
A staff from spga called me this afternoon & cfm coach no longer teaching at bishan range & coach will contact me. He did not tell me why suddenly coaching cease but tried to assure me this matter can be resolved. 

I asked him,
1. Why were none of the students informed after coaching at bishan range was ceased? We had made a wasted trip to the range to find out this news.
2. On a secondary note, what are we to do with the prepaid range ball cards? Range insisted that it will not refund us. My friends & I have 4 cards with more than $100 value remaining.
3. To date the coach sms to one of my fren that alternative training will be arranged but date & venue yet to be known. While the rest of us did not receive a reply from him at all. How are we suppose to plan our weekends over the next few months if alternative training dates, if there will b training at all, are not fixed? 

The spga staff replied that the coach will contact all students to resolve this. The phone conversation ended. Not very helpful at all. 

Against the recent news of skyfitness, Asia-euro tours & property firm suddenly closing down & running away with customers money & my this experience, I will really think twice before pre-paying for anything in future.

at least you have one friend that got updates. So did anyone of you tries to call Malek and check with him since he is now back on the satellite.  Smile
Back to top Go down
NY
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 2:53 pm

Just to highlight that Bishan range will be close by end of the year. So for those who have lots of credit in the range card better use it before to late.
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 3:10 pm

anyway aren't they able to assign alternate coach for this purpose, in a way you guys can still utilize the range card and complete the golf while they get this resolved for you since they have kind of agree that Malek is part of their team.
Back to top Go down
Jack321
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Aga informed me tt Malek is not a aga or range staff: when we signed with him, he told us he will b at range everyday, just turn up for lesson or training. No receipt. No namecard. No hp number provided. We had to google for his hp no.
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 3:39 pm

so it is correct that he is just renting a space there. 

i guess all you guys can do now is call him and see what he says. keep us posted bro.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 9:11 am

There's another pro running a shop named: Malek. Shocked
If this's the same person, you guys can asked fr the address and go dwn to check it up.
Keep us posted. Cheers! Smile
Back to top Go down
Joelwong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 9:28 am

If you are talking about the shop at 200 pandas garden, that is a different malek. 
hkhamateur wrote:
There's another pro running a shop named: Malek. Shocked
If this's the same person, you guys can asked fr the address and go dwn to check it up.
Keep us posted. Cheers! Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 11:53 am

Jack321 wrote:
Aga informed me tt Malek is not a aga or range staff: when we signed with him, he told us he will b at range everyday, just turn up for lesson or training. No receipt. No namecard. No hp number provided. We had to google for his hp no.

That's a risky affair to give him one lump sum fee ... For this kinda Swing Coach, better to pay him only after each lesson ...
Back to top Go down
[Chris]
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi bro,

Have you managed to contact Malek? I just had a lesson with him on Saturday together with 3 other students at Mandai Course. He told me that he was going to pursue other interests and gave me his new biz card. 

He was even joking with some of the other people at Mandai, so I don't think he went into hiding purposely? 

Anyway I haven't arranged my next lesson. But after seeing this post, let me try to see if I can contact him for my next lesson.

Will update you.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Chris, if he is a responsible Coach, he should have contacted his students before his students looking high and low for him ... I am not sure if we should trust your words as you just joined this forum. No offense intended ... Just curious as you have specially created an account here to reply to this thread ... Why don't you pass his new number to the thread starter to contact him directly?
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 7:46 pm

But join date is 2013…..
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Apologies for reading the joined date wrongly ... joined in year 2013 but only clocked 3 posts ... Hahaha ...
Back to top Go down
[Chris]
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 10:20 pm

No problem bro. I joined this forum back in 2013 as I was looking to get started on golf lessons. But ended up just lurking, reading forum posts and did not get a coach until earlier this year. 

Anyhow it has been abit different for me, I travel quite a fair bit for work and usually he is the one contacting me asking me if I can go down for training? But in any case, he has not replied my sms that I dropped him yesterday. Will give him until tomorrow and I will drop him another message.

If anyone wants his number, please PM me.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 11:02 pm

Chris, you prolly did not pay him the fee in advance in one-lump sum like the threadstarter did ... Thats why he was the one looking for you and not vice versa ... huh?
Back to top Go down
[Chris]
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 12:13 am

Turbo wrote:
Chris, you prolly did not pay him the fee in advance in one-lump sum like the threadstarter did ... Thats why he was the one looking for you and not vice versa ... huh?

Actually I did. But mine was a group lesson, so I only paid $230. He had asked for it on the first lesson and I just passed it to him.
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 10:53 am

Turbo wrote:

i think TS paid a lump sum was also a combination of himself and his friends. so more or less all of them paid ard the same amount i think.

well. now at least we have 2 of his students here to update the rest who are on or thinking of joining the latest.  Smile
Back to top Go down
[Chris]
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Just an update. Hope TS has managed to contact Malek. Malek sms-ed me this morning to arrange a lesson tomorrow morning at Mandai, so I suppose he did not really disappear.
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:14 am

did u tell him about this thread in GR?
Back to top Go down
[Chris]
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:30 am

leoie wrote:

No sir. There were 2 other students with me. So I suppose he is still contacting everyone. He did say that he will be overseas this week for his new business venture and will contact us towards the end of the week for the next lesson.
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:43 am

[Chris] wrote:

leoie wrote:

No sir. There were 2 other students with me. So I suppose he is still contacting everyone. He did say that he will be overseas this week for his new business venture and will contact us towards the end of the week for the next lesson.

sounds good. hope the TS has already resume his lessons and return the credibility to Malek. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jack321
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 12:05 am

Hi Chris

No, no reply from coach malek. Saw ur thread two weeks ago. For one last time I SMS him many times for last two weeks and no reply. Called him, got overseas tone but he did not pick up, reply missed call or SMS back.

My friends have have up on him long ago. They last contacted two months ago and zero response since.

Did coach contact you since your last thread?

Even if he did contact some of his students, don't think they or we paid for a coach to be frequently overseas and arrange for lessons at his own convenience when he wants to or ignore students phonecalls. I certainly did not get his new namecard as he knows we will try to contact him again at his new contact.

Cheers

Jack
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 8:30 am

I have a strange feeling that the handphone may be the issue. Student have tried to contact coach but coach did not respone to him, however coach did respond to other students (If I am correct on this).

Are we talking about the same handphone number?

Is it possible for the student who have no issue contacting the coach provide the number to our poor brother to verify if the number is indeed correct and hopefully to contacy coach?

Just a suggestion. tks
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 10:33 am

If a coach wants to collect full payment in advance, it is his responsibility to deliver the lessons as promised n not students trying to catch him for lessons.

Golf is suppose to be a gentleman's game but now T,D n H in coaching too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next