Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared

Go down 
+15
Joelwong
NY
leoie
InTheHole!
pocketace
xavierong71
flashpacker
oldie-newbie
Hogan
Turbo
weesern
Nam Flog
EdHCNg
hkhamateur
Jack321
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack321
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  Empty
PostSubject: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 8:49 am

need your help

Me & my 3 friends paid full to coach Malek for 10 golf lessons. But a week ago he is uncontactable. Asian golf acad says he not working there anymore & can't help me.

We paid $1000+ for our lessons already! 

Any advice?

Tks 

Jack
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 8:59 am

Jack321 wrote:
need your help

Me & my 3 friends paid full to coach Malek for 10 golf lessons. But a week ago he is uncontactable. Asian golf acad says he not working there anymore & can't help me.

We paid $1000+ for our lessons already! 

Any advice?

Tks 

Jack

Check with SPGA.
Good luck mate!
Back to top Go down
Jack321
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 9:10 am

Thanks hkh. I will call spga to find out. Anyway we all paid cash, full. We did not receive any receipt. He did not contact any of us after two lessons. His hp no longer in use. I was at bishan range & coaches there said don't know or don't want to talk about it. Another of his student was there, blur also, spoke to counter, then packed & went home.

How can a golf pro be so irresponsible?
Back to top Go down
EdHCNg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 9:22 am

Bro, I suggest you lodge a police report.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 2:32 pm

He should be smart enough to know that once a police report is made, they will track him down very easily. So my speculation is either he has left the country, or he will re-surface in the near future to thrash things out.

If he is intentionally playing Houdini, then I think this is a cheating case. Criminal offence?
Back to top Go down
Jack321
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 4:20 pm

The amount tho significant, per pax is not that high. 

The coach is a spga pro, known within the local golf coaching community, hence I can't understand why he has to unsubscribe his hp, not update students & abandon his existing coaching obligations. This also damages the image of spga & local golf coaching community.

I m awaiting spga's reply & hope he comes back & settle with his students amicably.

Bishan range-aka Asian Golf Academy says their 'contract' w coach Malek has ended. This suddenly coach no longer teaching there (mayb some bad relations between bishan range & him)? I am on my own to find a solution. We wasted a trip & a morning at bishan range to find out this news. Me & my friends damn pissed of wasted trip.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 4:35 pm

this is the one?

http://www.promalek.com/about.html
Back to top Go down
Jack321
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Yup. This is, or rather, was our golf coach.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 12:09 am

I find his golf swing rather unorthodox ... I may not like it but it works for him I guess ...

The moral of the story is, don't pay in full in any program u plan to take up unless Casetrust is inplaced in this outlet ... Perhaps u may lodge a report to the Small Claim Tribunal after making a Police Report ...
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Small claims will not work if you cannot even find him... in the end you may still need to engage a lawyer
Back to top Go down
Hogan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Hogan

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 11:38 am

Don't waste time. Just take it as a bad break and move on. My sympathies.
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 3:00 pm

If he was under the umbrella of AGA when you guys signed up I don't see why they are not liable. Unless you and your friends engaged him on a personal basis, which is also strange if that is the case. If it is the formal, I do not suggest giving up as the organisation should be liable.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 3:27 pm

You are right, oldie-newbie ... But he must have a copy of the original receipt. But Malek might have transacted the deal without going thru his club, which is incorrect.
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Actually it does not matter. The collection was done at the range (I assume) and at that point of time the coach is or is perceived to be a representative of the organisation.

Minimally, AGA must acknowledge that a complaint has been lodge and they will be investigating (it is their duty to do so) as the coach have been their representative for a long time and it is fair reasonable man understanding that he is transacting on their behalf.

Basically I am saying AGA cannot say they are not going to do anything.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Good to find who else are in the same predicament too.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 6:45 pm

but if malek is only renting a space from them?
Back to top Go down
xavierong71
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 1:31 pm

This make me think thrice about getting a coach and rather pay per session.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 1:50 pm

xavierong71 wrote:
This make me think thrice about getting a coach and rather pay per session.
To each, his own
I think this unfortunate case is more of an exception rather than the norm

I'm not a teaching pro, but if we use this isolated incident as representative of the industry, then it will not be fair to most of the teaching pros

This forum allows you to share info and ask for feedback from other members' experience with different pros. Use that avenue to your advantage
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Shameful behaviour by the golf pro (if he really absconded after collecting fees from his students). Then again, he may unfortunately be ill or something else......
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:07 pm

lets hope the thread starter keep forum members updated on the incident. who knows while we are discussing and making unnecessary remarks here, there he is undergoing the coaching or already its confirmed that the coach did absconded with the training fees and police report has been made.

Anyone else also got into the same shyt?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:09 pm

If he is ill or took leave, his company AGA should be aware ... But ... And yes, AGA should be made responsible for this situation. If I were the person involved, I would lodge a Police Report and than submit this Police Report to Small Claim Tribunal to go after AGA if AGA fails to respond appropriately within 1-2 months' time ...
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:12 pm

he is under AGA meh? my understanding is he rent a place there and teach as an individual. no?  silent
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:33 pm

I believe he was under AGA before he MiA ... But TS needs an official receipt issued by AGA to lodge a complaint against Malek and/or AGA at the Small Claim Tribunal. The latter will send an official letter to AGA to return the money to the rightful owner. The amount to be claimed will be determined when you meet the Officer at SCT in subordinate court. I know the procedure because I have ever lodged report at SCT before.
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:31 pm

A receipt from AGA will be a strong point but it is not a die die must have, absolutely critical thing. If The coach is, or is perceived to be a representative of AGA authorized to collect money on their behalf, then some form of investigation by AGA must happen.

It fair to be that of a reasonable, common man understanding that the coach is a representative of the organisation if he market himself as one and/or AGA acknowledge he is under their banner
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:58 pm

Lets wait for Jack321 reply/updates on this first before moving onto any conclusions/recommendation.

Lets  hope its not how it seems to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared    Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asian Golf Acad Coach Malek disappeared
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next