Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.

Go down 
+10
Nam Flog
Choo Yao Chuen
TMMAN
golf_new_comer
flashpacker
pocketace
Derek
haragolfer
Turbo
QWDA
14 posters
AuthorMessage
QWDA
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. Empty
PostSubject: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 1:36 pm

Hello Big Bro & Sis,

I am new to the Golf world. Thinking to get a set of Iron for driving range first.
Any Recommendation?
Thought of getting Pinemeadow Golf Command W7 5 PW.
Recommended by friend that it's quite forgiving for newbies.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 2:44 pm

Have you taken up a beginner's course? If not, I urge you to do so in order to shorten your learning curve ... And don't invest in any clubs till you complete your course. You can borrow or buy some loose 2nd hand clubs to get an appreciation of the game first ...
Back to top Go down
QWDA
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:17 am

Turbo wrote:
Have you taken up a beginner's course? If not, I urge you to do so in order to shorten your learning curve ... And don't invest in any clubs till you complete your course. You can borrow or buy some loose 2nd hand clubs to get an appreciation of the game first ...
Hey bro turbo, i won't be taking up in beginner course as right now i thought of going to the driving range and get ready for green. As my friend had been playing golf for some time so he will actually guide me through. Played at the range a few time. But is with his irons left by his parents. Wanting to get second hand irons from market place or far east shopping centre. But got no idea which is more forgiving as well. So i need so recommendation bro. Hahah Thank you.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 6:25 am

focus on enjoying the game. pick a set. that looks pretty to you if you have to buy. 

but really, dont spend money yet. many will lend you or give you 7 irons to start playing.

enjoy
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:33 am

Think bono is selling a set of wilson irons 4-G for 100 bucks, should be pretty suitable to start.

Really no good reason to spend more than that at this stage as you have no idea at this stage what your swing will be like in a few months
Back to top Go down
QWDA
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:04 am

haragolfer wrote:
focus on enjoying the game. pick a set. that looks pretty to you if you have to buy. 

but really, dont spend money yet. many will lend you or give you 7 irons to start playing.

enjoy
Yeah True. Not intending to spend too much on iron cause still new. Just wanna go to range and start swinging first. Thanks for the advice Smile
Back to top Go down
QWDA
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:05 am

Derek wrote:
Think bono is selling a set of wilson irons 4-G for 100 bucks, should be pretty suitable to start.

Really no good reason to spend more than that at this stage as you have no idea at this stage what your swing will be like in a few months
Alright Smile Will check it up.

What you mean like what my swing will be? Like?
Can elaborate more? Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Your swing is still evolving at this stage (heck, for some of us seasoned players are still evolving our swing!)

Get a set of forgiving irons, help you get your ball airborne, get some confidence, and take it from there

If you still love this game 6-12 months later, then can decide if you want upgrade

Meanwhile, get something cheap and cheerful 

Bono's Wilson irons are a good bet. I second Derek's suggestion.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 12:21 am

If you really want to buy, check out golf partners.
You can get a set of irons for $300+. 
If they dont suit you, bring it back for exchange within a week with some penalty.
Start with something easy, like irons with thicker sole (or variable thickness). 
Most coaches will recommend to start with graphite shafts.
Back to top Go down
golf_new_comer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 10:54 am

I have a burner 2007 set (including driver and bag) and thinking to letting go at very low price. If you are keen, pm me. Tks.
Back to top Go down
TMMAN
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
TMMAN

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 1:43 pm

I've a set of Taylormade Burner Superlaunch irons (4 to SW) which I'm letting go. It's forgiving & easy to launch. Had it for about 3 years plus. You can take a look at it if you want (no obligations).
Back to top Go down
Choo Yao Chuen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Better to focus on your swing than the type of clubs at this stage.
More importantly, I feel that newbies should not start off on clubs which are forgiving. It kinda pampers you. Better to get your basics right and then choose your clubs.
Look at Tiger, give him any clubs and he'll do the same magic over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 4:48 pm

Choo Yao Chuen wrote:
Better to focus on your swing than the type of clubs at this stage.
More importantly, I feel that newbies should not start off on clubs which are forgiving. It kinda pampers you. Better to get your basics right and then choose your clubs.
Look at Tiger, give him any clubs and he'll do the same magic over and over again.
Bwahahaha ... But not anyone are borne like TW who is a gifted golfer ... He is maybe one out of a few hundred millions ... You would not see another TW (someone who won 14 Majors or more and 79 PGA tourneys) until perhaps another generation later ... Not sure if Rory has arrived as he has yet to attain 14 Majors ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 7:43 pm

QWDA wrote:
Hello Big Bro & Sis,

I am new to the Golf world. Thinking to get a set of Iron for driving range first.
Any Recommendation?

HI bro, welcome,

I recommend Titleist AP1. I used it as a beginner and it was amazing. Lofts are not standard, so 7 iron can go 150m on good hits. Shafts wise will depend on how strong, fast you are and also how much stamina you have. Manufactured through the casting process so it can take a certain amount of rough handling which is what typical newbies do.

You can get used 712 AP1s at $300 plus now I believe.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 10:54 pm

When i reflect back, i really think that golf is a strange game and does make golfers do strange things (i.e. picking up challenging eqpt with diminishing returns) and make strange tactics on course (i.e. actualy i should have laid it up instead of floating it over the water).. Not meant to be provocative (maybe I am) but we just love to make the game tougher and harder with each new eqpt and with each new swing change.. At the end, for some unexplained reasons (i actually think we can), we will go back to playing simple golf, and that usually meant going back to sticks that generate some golfing pride, golfing enjoyment and giving practical golfing feedback to those who asked for it.. a vicious cycle...

A long day in office... it probably does not make much sense but at least its not sugar coated. Wink
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 12:04 am

QWDA wrote:
Hello Big Bro & Sis,

Any Recommendation?

Follow your heart and get the "best" golf set you can afford. Reason being, as a beginner, our golf swing are inconsistent, but instead we blame it on the eqpt rather than our skills, hence we waste money on eqpt upgrade.
Back to top Go down
brendanzhuo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 6:27 pm

QWDA wrote:
Hello Big Bro & Sis,

Any Recommendation?

Hi, i have a set of Maruman Nano Exim irons 5 to S on NSPro 950 shaft which is extremely forgiving. Recommended by my coach when i started golf.. Good thing is the irons set includes an approach wedge and a sand wedge on top of the usual pitching wedge included in iron sets, so you don't really need to hunt for wedges first.

The condition is still very good as i take really good care of them.. Text me @ 8480 6520 if you are interested, the price is negotiable..
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
leoie

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 2:01 pm

i have a set of taylormade burner 1.0 irons for sale. text me at 90838088 if u r interested.

still clocking enough post before i can post in marketplace. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.   Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Recommendation Iron clubs for Beginners.
Page 1 of 1