Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?

Go down 
+8
Turbo
mloy
Winston
Denmeister
abadan
Derek
kyleyann
Chunky Munky
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? Empty
PostSubject: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:19 am

Looking to arrange an overseas trip somewhere in Asia for Q1 2015 and wanted to get some ideas! If any of you have experience of planning these golf weekends I would be interested to hear about your experiences and obviously your recommendations for awesome courses and entertainment!
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 am

You can try Thailand, especially BKK.
Golf, Lunch, Shower/Massage, Dinner, Drinks, Repeat.
Lots of choices for each of the above itinerary.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi Chunky Munky, if all of your group of 12 speak Mandarin, China is a great place.  However, if you do not, sometimes the language barrier can detract from the overall experience (e.g. not understanding what your caddy is saying).

If not, Hua Hin, Phuket and Bangkok all have good options (check for rainy season)

Even Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) can be a good experience if planned properly.  Courses may not be as pristine as in China, but language will be less of an issue.
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 1:09 pm

Once again thank you to you all for your input. I think I am leaning towards Thailand at the moment. I've not played there yet but I hear there are a good selection of courses in Phuket and Chiang Mai. Will start looking at deals....
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 2:38 pm

Bro.. can check out courses in bkk, pattaya. Phuket is more pricey compared to other parts of Thailand. and also, nothing to at night expect massage. Hua Hin also nice and not too pricey, but also nothing to do at night. Chiang Mai is also nice, cooling during year end period. 

Must plan early and plan well if you travel in such a big group. Can get pretty chaotic, stressful and frustrating. unless everybody dun mind to "follow the leader". 

Can aso drive up to malacca and KL. many courses up north.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Like what abadan said, a 12 pax golf trip can be quite a chore to execute if a few of the golfers start to deviate from the plan.  

I am fortunate to have learned the ropes of organizing and executing large group golf trips from experienced Senior golfers.  

The one and only rule: the organizer is the captain and his decision is final.  Nobody can override his decision.

I was tasked before to organize a trip to Bandung for a group of 12 and thanks to this rule which all the golfers know and adhere to, we had a wonderful time.

I was actually the youngest person in the group and I was given this task to organize the trip for our group which included a lot of successful business owners.  But the good thing is, they just followed my itinerary.  I had to arrange everything, from booking plane tickets to arranging the courses, hotels, transport, food, post game activities.

Once we reached the destination, I delegated one person as tournament director to tabulate the scores and announce the daily winners.  The position of treasurer was also delegated out and he was solely responsible for the collection of funds and payments.

All activities assumed 100% participation and expenses are paid out from the kitty fund.  If anyone decides to opt out of any activities, they do not get a refund.  No grounds for argument. 

You have to make sure that all participants know and accept these conditions before committing to the trip.

In addition, as the captain, you MUST be decisive and make the decisions.  These will save time and also a lot of unnecessary arguments.

Hope the above helps
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 2:40 am

Why no one mentioned Vietnam??????   scratch Stretcher HELP lol!
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 9:15 am

Winston wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL 

Maybe we should do a trip to Vietnam again.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 10:46 am

abadan wrote:
Bro.. can check out courses in bkk, pattaya. Phuket is more pricey compared to other parts of Thailand. and also, nothing to at night expect massage. Hua Hin also nice and not too pricey, but also nothing to do at night. Chiang Mai is also nice, cooling during year end period. 

Must plan early and plan well if you travel in such a big group. Can get pretty chaotic, stressful and frustrating. unless everybody dun mind to "follow the leader". 

Can aso drive up to malacca and KL. many courses up north.
Hua Hin, Chiang Mai and BKK are good choices ... Cheap and good! Nite life, Spa & shopping in BKK are good too ... Phuket is pricey ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 10:57 am

Winston wrote:

i also want to go vietnam.....but BO VISA!!
Back to top Go down
snssns
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 8:51 pm

We are going HCMC Vietnam from 1st Dec till 6th Dec. So far 6 balls confirmed. Invitation open to another 2 balls or 6 balls if 3 flights. 4 days 3 nights 3 round of golf only USD488/ball. 6 days 5 nights 3 rounds of golf plus 2 days sightseeing tour only USD588/person. Pls SMS me 94573078 if anyone wanted to join this exciting trip. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 4:58 am

slinger wrote:
Winston wrote:

I think the going rate for exit permit and 4 day 3 night visa is a pair of christian louboutin & a LV handbag???
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 8:12 am

Winston, it is more expensive than that now... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 9:01 am

Winston wrote:
slinger wrote:
Winston wrote:

I think the going rate for exit permit and 4 day 3 night visa is a pair of christian louboutin & a LV handbag???

Easy lah to solve this visa thingy....bring the VISA along. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ifury
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 10:33 am

Side track abit, going to HCM to play Jeongsan Golf on Monday 20 Oct, Vietnamgolftours quoted US$94 for ferry, transfer, green fee for 1 pax, is it reasonable and the agency reliable?
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 3:40 pm

ifury wrote:
Side track abit, going to HCM to play Jeongsan Golf on Monday 20 Oct, Vietnamgolftours quoted US$94 for ferry, transfer, green fee for 1 pax, is it reasonable and the agency reliable?
That price is about right because you using agent. If you booking it yourself, it should be about USD$60 - $70 depending on which day and if there is promotion.
Back to top Go down
snssns
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Ifury,
I was informed Vietgolftour is reliable. Please let me know how's the condition of Jeonsan Golf course. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ifury
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 9:20 am

Dear Winston & snssns

Thanks for the revert, will update here, will be playing Vietnam Golf CC, Song Be and Jeongsan, praying for good weather.
Back to top Go down
snssns
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 9:30 am

Ifury,

If you plan to play all the 3 courses as you mentioned here, it will be good that my staff in HCMC to assit you in the negotiation and itinerary arrangement with Vietgolf tour. Usually he can get a better rate than what you had directly. Please pm me so that I may help.
Back to top Go down
ifury
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 9:33 am

Dear snssns,

I had some locals to arrange the other 2 games, only Jeongsan is booked through vietgolftours.  I appreciate your kind gesture, do PM me your local staff number, I am still considering 4th game on 21st Oct, will work through them if possible and my hangover is better on tuesday Razz (expecting heavy drinking)
Back to top Go down
snssns
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 9:41 am

Ifury, good to know you have the local to help you. That's good enough. Remember to share some pictures and comment on those courses that you played so that I can make a switch if otherwise. Ya...the beer is cheap but please dont get drunk man...
Hope to catch up with you over a round of golf when you returned.

Take care and have a nice & safe trip.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 5:12 am

HHHmmmm lets see ah......

Song Be currently has weekday promo of VND1.3 mil (Aprox USD$60) which includes Green Fee, Caddy & Lunch.

Twin Dove currently has Wednesday & Thursday Promo USD$75 which includes Green Fee, caddy, buggy and buffet lunch.

Vietnam Golf & Country club has Monday promo at USD$55 for Green fee & Caddy.

Jeongsan should have a weekday promo for about USD$80 which includes Green Fee, caddy, ferry ticket. But have not played there in more than 6 months as it is a new course, no trees, really hot, ferry schedule was horrible. according to the marshall, 2 ball flight has priority over 4 ball flight.

Please do let me know how you find jeongsan golf course to be.....
Back to top Go down
ifury
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 9:29 am

Just played Vietnam golf club yesterday, condition was good, Ocassionally there is light rain, totally playable type of rain. Green are under repair with many holes, but can still putt. 6-7 holes have big trees in the middle of the fairway, got penalized for splitting the fairways. Weekend they push the tee to black, not long but quite. Tough course, local brought vouchers for the game, 1.7m all in. Will consider this course again
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 8:45 pm

ifury wrote:
Just played Vietnam golf club yesterday, condition was good, Ocassionally there is light rain, totally playable type of rain. Green are under repair with many holes, but can still putt. 6-7 holes have big trees in the middle of the fairway, got penalized for splitting the fairways. Weekend they push the tee to black, not long but quite. Tough course, local brought vouchers for the game, 1.7m all in. Will consider this course again

VGCC has 2 * 18. I guess you played on west course from what you said about the trees..
Back to top Go down
ifury
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Played Song be today, wet wet wet, through some special arrangement, paid a special rate for the game, heavy downpour and start stop start stop, today blue tee is pushed back as well, most of the par 4 are unreachable with mid irons, averaging 400m. Tough mature course with many hazards. For the price I paid I can't complain much, the green are fast at 8.7, condition of the fairway acceptable, good drainage system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?   Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Places for a 12 Man Golf Trip?
Page 1 of 1