Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is Club Fitting?

Go down 
+94
18underPar
xredevilx
nkglfrs
Gofnut
Kaii
hiryu
skybobo
uluangler
butterfingers
zoticus
matoonia
antegg
replyz00
Shellman
toonified
snagy23
krone
mythr
jtek
enwee
thesportpsychguy
Najibapark
ahquan12
r2d2
jloo61
golfchowmk
Salty
bono
DLWL
Turbo
beehome
gomjgo
4dtoto
shifu17
thane
youming
Desmando R
nyisoe
HyBriD
Newtogolf
TourSwing
Itsuki
dmateo
mengteck71
Derek
abadan
Kyser
pushslice
Khorkar
bkll
Ssquirrel
Duval_S
Lee36328
piero
heartlander
Master
G_Man
samT
chinchiachun
duffader
Slicer51
Gray
Denmeister
edric
golf_snowman
eiji
haragolfer
slinger
kian
shamusan
Holeinone
Yarra
asahi
jimmychoo
iron eagle
watermyforrest
watchman88sg
jeffman88
power72
ydk
S70B
ghoonk
pug
bskt
botak
qtd
siaw8
grooveballer
daveaha
Technospaz
mervyntan
mUAr_cHEe
jaketang
DGman
98 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
edric
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for very helpful information.

I'm hearing from this post that we should at least have some degree of consistency before fitting?

But wouldnt the right shaft (amongst others) promote a more consistent swing?

What do you suggest is the appropriate time in one's game, to come in for a fitting?

Thanks for your advice!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:06 am

Hi DG man,
With regards to adjusting the lie angle, how much can a cast iron set be adjusted?

I am currently using a TM R7 TP set which I believe is a cast iron set. I have been using it for the past 2 years and like it's soft impact feel. It would be great if I can still use it. 
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:16 am

Hi edric..input = output. getting fitted will not change a bad shot into a good one. hence if one has a repeatable swing (6 out of 10), they are usually a candidate for fitting.

where do you think the repeatable swing is achieved? it will not be produce by the equipment but with most who are new at golf - proper instructions, physical training, grooving in the movement, practice - range and golf course.

however if a begineer is to use the wrong specs of clubs, it will hamper his or her ability to advance. its liek the hunk with the limpy shaft.

DM....which TP model is this. if its the one with the black metallic cavity, there is very little that can be adjusted.

i will be away from 17 to 20 March.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:40 am

DGman wrote:
Hi edric..input = output. getting fitted will not change a bad shot into a good one. hence if one has a repeatable swing (6 out of 10), they are usually a candidate for fitting.

Boss. I meet the 6 out of 10 times already leh. I think I am even 7 to 8 out of 10 leh.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:58 am

DGman wrote:

DM....which TP model is this. if its the one with the black metallic cavity, there is very little that can be adjusted.

i will be away from 17 to 20 March.

DGman

Hi DG,
Here's the link to a pic of my irons. I was actually going to make an appointment w you for today but my kaki called up for 18 holes. And since you will be away until the 20th, I guess I will look through my calendar and see which date is good for both of us. How's your schedule like for the week of 21st?

http://www.golfsaleshop.com/goods-199-TaylorMade+R7+TP+Iron+Set.html
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Gray...thats why you no need to get fitted mah....cos you are LOT...lots of talent. but don't forget you many months off to practise.

DM...your set cannot be bent.

week of 21st seems good....make an appointment at:

BFG Swing Analysis

or Zap this......

What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 5531552744_abf2f55942

DGman
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:55 pm

I was called LOT by DGMan,but unlike Gray, he meant Lack of Talent for me. Sad

Now i need to go BFG more...want to try out the pocket rocket 910 4 wood with M70 shaft
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
edric
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks DGman
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:38 am

DGman wrote:
Gray...thats why you no need to get fitted mah....cos you are LOT...lots of talent. but don't forget you many months off to practise.

DM...your set cannot be bent.

week of 21st seems good....make an appointment at:

BFG Swing Analysis

or Zap this......

What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 5531552744_abf2f55942

DGman

Hello DGman,

I have made an appointment already. See you on the 24th morning. Bukit Merah, correct?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 12:04 pm

my colleague will send you an email with all the instructions...thereafter it goes into my calendar.

see u next week and happy golfing for the rest of the week.

DGman
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Wah! Not fair leh.... Denmeister got special attention from the Boss leh..... Some more with instruction from the ladies...... Razz

Last time I book online, the system just reply me with the following,

"Booking done, make sure you don't late! Late comer will not be entertained" pale
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:20 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
Wah! Not fair leh.... Denmeister got special attention from the Boss leh..... Some more with instruction from the ladies...... Razz

"Booking done, make sure you don't late! Late comer will not be entertained" pale

JC,

you are already different .. You have been close to the boss already .. you can walk in to the Den and bring coffee ... The boss still serve you as special Very Happy

Denmeister, my friend from JB might need to get a map to go the Den ..

Btw, if you play JB next time .. I am sure Denmeister will take care of you .. VIP seat bro lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Slicer51 wrote:

The boss still serve you as special Very Happy

Special!!!! affraid That's in the store room......!!!

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:28 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:

The boss still serve you as special Very Happy

Special!!!! affraid That's in the store room......!!!

ROFL lol!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:31 pm

jimmychoo wrote:

Of course lah... cos you will end up get the info and then you do the fitting yourself.... Smile

If i were the boss, i will reply "Shoe makers not welcome!"
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:42 pm

duffader wrote:

Of course lah... cos you will end up get the info and then you do the fitting yourself.... Smile

No lah, I can only do some changing of grips only. Fitting is a big thing, I am not qualify lah. Neutral
Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 5:43 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
duffader wrote:

No lah, I can only do some changing of grips only. Fitting is a big thing, I am not qualify lah. Neutral

Yah, since my LC bro start to change grip himself his game has reached a new high (high as in 120 like me), so any bros wanna jio my LC bro give him 5 5 please contact his manager (me). And those who want to jio the TSS grandmaster after he got proper fitting with a kajiki pls contact his OKT (duffy).
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:49 pm

chinchiachun wrote:

Yah, since my LC bro start to change grip himself his game has reached a new high (high as in 120 like me), so any bros wanna jio my LC bro give him 5 5 please contact his manager (me)

zhun bo...... dun anyhow belittle your LC bro hor

remember last time we play together, i dun dare to give him even 1-1....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:30 pm

New Grip or no......jimmychoo still steady pom pee pee!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:42 pm

slinger wrote:
chinchiachun wrote:

Yah, since my LC bro start to change grip himself his game has reached a new high (high as in 120 like me), so any bros wanna jio my LC bro give him 5 5 please contact his manager (me)

zhun bo...... dun anyhow belittle your LC bro hor

remember last time we play together, i dun dare to give him even 1-1....

U forgot it's the 25 king that's is speaking. If his lc bro so jialat, u think he will be his manager???
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:00 pm

jimmychoo wrote:

Hai... Some guys just have all the luck... Not fair...
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:

JC,

you are already different .. You have been close to the boss already .. you can walk in to the Den and bring coffee ... The boss still serve you as special Very Happy

Btw, if you play JB next time .. I am sure Denmeister will take care of you .. VIP seat bro lol! lol!

JC,
If u like good curry fish head, I will bring you to a secret place. I bet u will love it. Bro slicer said that it was damn good.

We can arrange a weekday 36 hole adventure and then dinner. How does that sound?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Denmeister wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:

JC,

JC,
If u like good curry fish head, I will bring you to a secret place. I bet u will love it. Bro slicer said that it was damn good.

We can arrange a weekday 36 hole adventure and then dinner. How does that sound?

He old man already... normally.. he stops at the 19 hole... Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:18 am

No lah. He stops at 18th lah.

I did lunch with him, ya know.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:16 am

Denmeister wrote:
JC,

Bro Denmeister,
Thanks for your invitation but 1) curry is no good for my gastric, 2) I have difficultly playing weekday, 3) I can only play 9 holes, drag another 9 holes
Can we play a game during the weekend at Poresia? cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is Club Fitting?
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next