Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taylormade club fitting

Go down 
+7
innovtrackie
aural
weesern
Derek
asahi
JonL_TK
bennie
11 posters
AuthorMessage
bennie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Taylormade club fitting Empty
PostSubject: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:12 am

Hi all anyone has any idea where I can get fitted with TM clubs? I know Cathay does but was wondering if anyone else has that option? I am thinking of changing irons. Thanks
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:53 am

I think only TM at Cathay does this service...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:57 am

Yup. Only Cathay. Used to have 1 friendly fitter by name of Jing.
Not sure if he is still there.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:28 am

Btw guys, would any of you know if I want to test my old TM driver against the newer models, do I need to go to cathay or are there other locations?
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:56 am

what u want to test??
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:12 am

weesern wrote:
what u want to test??

Hi Weesern, I'm using a R7 CGB Max reshafted with a XDB 55gm SR Shaft. Was hoping to bring it the shop and hit it against the new burner superfast.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:36 pm

i guess if you are looking for numbers, Cathay should give you that. If you are happy with just looking at the ball flight, any driving range selling superfast will do.
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 1:33 am

Btw after buying TM drivers, do Cathay help us in terms of club fitting even if we bought from other AD. I'll drop by tomorrow perhaps of no answer pops up by noon.
Back to top Go down
innovtrackie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:34 am

My current Superfast shaft is too long for me, I intend to get a used shorter R7 shaft of the same flex/material and brand to change.

Can anyone provide some opinions on simply changing the driver shaft?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:52 am

My suggestion is to buy whatever TM product you like and go visit an independent club fitter instead of getting fit with TM.

Granted, there is no upcharge at TM. But what you guys do not realize is that those shafts that TM provide you is not the same as the shafts that are offered in the market, the ones that independent club fitters carry at the shop.

The ones that are offered by TM, which are painted with TM graphics, are most likely the watered-down version (as we called it) of the real shafts. They do not offer the same performance!

The only thing, in my experience, that is close to the real thing is the Aldila RIP that they offer in the Superdeep.

Unless, if it is a tour issue version which I doubt Cathay will ever carry...
Back to top Go down
cwlow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:08 pm

does anyone know whether club fitting comes free when u buy from tm cathay?
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:08 pm

No you pay for it . last time i had to pay 100SGD for it , but i feel like their fitting system isn't very good compre to titleist or even big-fish and mark higgs. i mean they don't use flighscope or trackmam . they use one thing for track spin and launch but isn't accurate as trackman or fligh scope.
Back to top Go down
cwlow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:52 pm

omg rip off man..most places include club fitting when u buy from them..this should be automatic for such a premium price you pay.titliest doesnt charge fitting when u buy from them at suntec ive heard.
Back to top Go down
Saviya
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:34 am

er, that's uneazy ...I am sorry...
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfsohot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade club fitting   Taylormade club fitting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylormade club fitting
Page 1 of 1