Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways?   Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways? I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Appreciate some feedback on the nikes. Cheers.

Looking at perhaps between cobra bio cell and Nike covert 2.0 woods, but for some reasons, cobras seems to come with longer stock shafts, almost by an inch over standArd..
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways?   Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 8:14 am

Are u a sound person. Because Nike sound more muted. In fact a bit more dead in term of sound.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways?   Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 9:45 am

enwee wrote:
Are u a sound person. Because Nike sound more muted. In fact a bit more dead in term of sound.

Thanks bro enwee.. haha... your 1st sentence screams for attention, "Are you a  sound person"...I for a moment i thought you think i must be crazy considering nikes. haha. cheers,

Last edited by kissthegreen on Fri May 09, 2014 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TaylorMadeKL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TaylorMadeKL

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways?   Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:25 pm

For a while I thought that only unsound ppl use Nike... LOL...

Anyway, I have both the VRS Covert Tour (3 & 5 woods) and the VRS Covert Tour 2.0 (3 & 5 woods) in my bags. Tried my friend's once and was hooked...

Used to use TM R11S and also RBZ (both Tour and non Tour) and comparing to the Nikes, I prefer the acoustics of the Nikes. TM sounds always very loud for me. But I guess this is a personal thing.

The feel of the Nikes may not be as hot off the face as TM FWs but loss of distance is minimal. I only had 3 woods from TM and used to hit them (average) off the deck to about 210-220 yards (measured using Swing Caddie Launch Monitor). Now with my Covert Tour 3W about 200-210 yards and the 2.0 Tour about 210 to 220 yards... But I love the look of the Coverts... Am a Red person...
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways?   Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:00 pm

TaylorMadeKL wrote:
For a while I thought that only unsound ppl use Nike... LOL...

Anyway, I have both the VRS Covert Tour (3 & 5 woods) and the VRS Covert Tour 2.0 (3 & 5 woods) in my bags. Tried my friend's once and was hooked...

Used to use TM R11S and also RBZ (both Tour and non Tour) and comparing to the Nikes, I prefer the acoustics of the Nikes. TM sounds always very loud for me. But I guess this is a personal thing.

The feel of the Nikes may not be as hot off the face as TM FWs but loss of distance is minimal. I only had 3 woods from TM and used to hit them (average) off the deck to about 210-220 yards (measured using Swing Caddie Launch Monitor). Now with my Covert Tour 3W about 200-210 yards and the 2.0 Tour about 210 to 220 yards... But I love the look of the Coverts... Am a Red person...

Thanks for the feedback. I heard about the how underrated nikes are + I thought of buying (online) and shipping the covert 2.0 fairway woods to singapore. Nett-nett after including shipping costs, It will cost about 210 SGD each. I am not sure how much does each cost in singapore (after disount) but thought its quite good price..
Back to top Go down
TaylorMadeKL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TaylorMadeKL

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways?   Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:17 pm

Locally about $460 before 20% discount iirc...

I ordered from overseas as well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways?   Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone using Nike Covert 2.0 fairways?
Page 1 of 1