Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nike Covert 2.0 driver

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TimLai
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Nike Covert 2.0 driver Empty
PostSubject: Nike Covert 2.0 driver   Nike Covert 2.0 driver I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 11:11 am

hi guys, 

anyone tried their hands on the new Nike Covert 2.0 driver?

Kind to post a review comparing to the previous driver you are using?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Nike Covert 2.0 driver   Nike Covert 2.0 driver I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 11:57 am

my previous review.
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t22724-nike-vrs-covert-review-by-a-beginner

Just got my hands on the Covert 2.0 Tour.
Upgraded from the Covert Performance.

Carry distance and launch are quite similar, but the lower spin of the tour version really helped with the total distance.
Build quality also seems to be better, paint doesn't chip so easily compared to the first version.

As for distance wise, carry is quite similar to most driver models, but the roll is significantly better.

Eg. usually at a certain hole, I will hit my driver to a safe landing spot just before the bunker with other drivers, with the covert 2.0 I got a shock as the roll put my ball into the bunker. Really had to adjust my perception that day.

That said, if your ball flight is low, and u don't get enough flight on the ball, the performance might suit you better. Just my 2cts.
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: Nike Covert 2.0 driver   Nike Covert 2.0 driver I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:39 pm

I tried it last week and hit 2 tee shots on the same hole (OCC's Aranda 5th) 1st tee shot with my R1 on Whiteboard and 2nd the stock Nike Covert 2.0.

The Nike outdrove my R1 by 40metres…..!!!!! Carry was about the same but the ball just ran and ran, especially with the dry fairways……!!

Last edited by Rafj on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike Covert 2.0 driver   Nike Covert 2.0 driver I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Anyone managed to compare this with the SLDR?
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Nike Covert 2.0 driver   Nike Covert 2.0 driver I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 10:42 pm

Rafj wrote:
I tried it last week and hit 2 tee shots on the same hole (OCC's Vanda 5th) 1st tee shot with my R1 on Whiteboard and 2nd the stock Nike Covert 2.0.

The Nike outdrove my R1 by 40metres…..!!!!! Carry was about the same but the ball just ran and ran, especially with the dry fairways……!!

That's is quite fair difference but in honesty, unless we use a machine or one has a tour-like swing, its hard to discount the variances in the repeatability and reproducibility of a human swing over a few tries.
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: Nike Covert 2.0 driver   Nike Covert 2.0 driver I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 11:58 pm

Sorry, it was Aranda hole 5.

It's true that it's a bit subjective since I don't have a tour like swing but it still shocked the living daylights out of me when I was left with 50m on a 353m par 4 with slight downwind conditions  Shocked !! I've never driven that long before with my R1, even though the ball flight was very similar and both tee shots landed quite close to each other. I paced back with my Garmin to verify the difference in distance too….

I'm convinced it's the Driver head and the combination of a shaft that's abt 10gms lighter, which did the trick…..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nike Covert 2.0 driver   Nike Covert 2.0 driver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nike Covert 2.0 driver
Page 1 of 1